Other Games 3/5-3/9

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Other Games 3/5-3/9

Postby dave watson's perm » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:16 am

phips wrote:
HailNerdQueen wrote:
phips wrote:
HailNerdQueen wrote:
phips wrote: thats one way of looking at it.

Let's see how well they do next season without Reus, Gundogan & Aubameyang

aint happening so theres no point speculating.

No point speculating? I'm sorry, are we or are we not on a fucking football fan forum... Isn't most of what goes on here bullshitting and speculation. Forgive the everliving fuck out of me for thinking, sir. I'll remember to ask permission next time. Wanker.

shit. living in a shithole state has really put you in a bad mood, eh?

Wow, what a charmer you are
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby bigblue » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:55 am

dave watson's perm wrote:
phips wrote:shit. living in a shithole state has really put you in a bad mood, eh?

He even manages to make insulting someone a bore. I'm curious what phips is like in real life, since on here he comes across as a dim-witted mouth-breather with aspergers. Basically your typical west-coast plastic sports fan. The type of person who supports teams from different cities for each sport. The type who claims they can support 2 teams in the same sport because "they almost never play each other".

What they (and phips) really are is a more sophisticated gloryhunter. They know that if they go out and choose the best team in the league, people will call them plastics. And if they choose just one 2nd-level team (or city), they would putting all their eggs in one basket (god forbid they have no titles to celebrate at the end of the year). So they choose a few teams that are just under the traditional "bandwagon" teams. That way almost no one accuses them of being a gloryhunter, but they still have a good chance of winning something each year.

What I'm trying to say is phips has almost nothing in common with most sports fans, hence why he's such a cunt.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Slim » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:49 pm

phips wrote:
HailNerdQueen wrote:
phips wrote:
HailNerdQueen wrote:Let's see how well they do next season without Reus, Gundogan & Aubameyang

No point speculating? I'm sorry, are we or are we not on a fucking football fan forum... Isn't most of what goes on here bullshitting and speculation. Forgive the everliving fuck out of me for thinking, sir. I'll remember to ask permission next time. Wanker.

Guessing when Reus, Gundogan & Aubameyang head for greener pastures next season you'll be of similar mindset.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby phips » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:43 am

Slim wrote:
phips wrote:
HailNerdQueen wrote:
phips wrote:
HailNerdQueen wrote:Let's see how well they do next season without Reus, Gundogan & Aubameyang

Guessing when Reus, Gundogan & Aubameyang head for greener pastures next season you'll be of similar mindset.

I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
Barclays Premier League 2023-2024 CH4MPIONS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Slim » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:52 am

phips wrote:aint happening so theres no point speculating.

Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby HailNerdQueen » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:19 am

dave watson's perm wrote:Wow, what a charmer you are

bigblue wrote:He even manages to make insulting someone a bore....What I'm trying to say is phips has almost nothing in common with most sports fans, hence why he's such a cunt.

Slim wrote:Guessing when Reus, Gundogan & Aubameyang head for greener pastures next season you'll be of similar mindset.

Slim wrote:No point speculating? I'm sorry, are we or are we not on a fucking football fan forum... Isn't most of what goes on here bullshitting and speculation. Forgive the everliving fuck out of me for thinking, sir. I'll remember to ask permission next time. Wanker.

+1 +1 +1
Plus ones across the board boys! I almost died laughing reading this! :D
HailNerdQueen
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Sergio Agüero

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:11 pm

I'm getting confused in this thread as to who said what and then who said the same thing again and then who quoted someone else as saying what they themselves actually said??????

Slim, Nerd Queen, are you one the same person?

At least you agree with yourselves that Phips is a wanker, so most people won't mind anyway.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Slim » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:01 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:I'm getting confused in this thread as to who said what and then who said the same thing again and then who quoted someone else as saying what they themselves actually said??????

Slim, Nerd Queen, are you one the same person?

At least you agree with yourselves that Phips is a wanker, so most people won't mind anyway.

I thought if he was going to repeat himself with a complete bullshit post, I'd repeat what the response to that was.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:44 pm

bigblue wrote:
dave watson's perm wrote:
phips wrote:shit. living in a shithole state has really put you in a bad mood, eh?

He even manages to make insulting someone a bore. I'm curious what phips is like in real life, since on here he comes across as a dim-witted mouth-breather with aspergers. Basically your typical west-coast plastic sports fan. The type of person who supports teams from different cities for each sport. The type who claims they can support 2 teams in the same sport because "they almost never play each other".

What they (and phips) really are is a more sophisticated gloryhunter. They know that if they go out and choose the best team in the league, people will call them plastics. And if they choose just one 2nd-level team (or city), they would putting all their eggs in one basket (god forbid they have no titles to celebrate at the end of the year). So they choose a few teams that are just under the traditional "bandwagon" teams. That way almost no one accuses them of being a gloryhunter, but they still have a good chance of winning something each year.

What I'm trying to say is phips has almost nothing in common with most sports fans, hence why he's such a cunt.

That sounds like a definition of spread betting.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Original Dub » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:58 pm

Get rid of the cunt.
Simples.

He's here purely to provoke. Absolutely no other reason at all.
Original Dub

Postby bigblue » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:35 pm

Original Dub wrote:Get rid of the cunt.
Simples.

The main question is why would you continue to post in a forum where everyone dislikes you?

Oh, and who would you root for if dortmund played City?
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:41 pm

bigblue wrote:
Simples.

The main question is why would you continue to post in a forum where everyone dislikes you?

That would depend on whether it was before or after Reus, Gundogan & Aubameyang leave them.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby ruralblue » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:51 pm

bigblue wrote:
Simples.

That's what he gets off on though. Only way he's going from here is if someone zaps him. In the meanwhile he's slowly but surely fucking people off.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby phips » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
bigblue wrote:
Simples.

That would depend on whether it was before or after Reus, Gundogan & Aubameyang leave them.

aint happening so no point in speculating.

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby phips » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:13 am

bigblue wrote:He even manages to make insulting someone a bore. I'm curious what phips is like in real life, since on here he comes across as a dim-witted mouth-breather with aspergers. Basically your typical west-coast plastic sports fan. The type of person who supports teams from different cities for each sport. The type who claims they can support 2 teams in the same sport because "they almost never play each other".

the funny thing is none of that is even close to being true aside from the supporting of 2 football clubs.
and regardless of when i tell you the truth you won't believe it and write-off everything i say because its different to what you think/believe and how you experience sports. for instance if i tell you i knew nothing about football when started watching and became a city fan because they happened to be on espn whenever id turn on a premier league match and that i liked watching Tevez running around with his mane banging in the goals and Bellamy bursting down the wing you wouldnt believe me. hell, if i was a glory hunter id have supported Chelsea or United.
find 1 instance of me being a glory hunter, as you say, and ill leave the forum. prove im a plastic fan and ill leave the forum.
even if i was, which im not, why is that a bad thing? you should want the club's fanbase to grow and for the club to grow in stature.
are you going to criticize every new fan that pops up next season when Pep arrives?

this has completely spiraled out of control to the point that people dont actually read what i write and plainly criticize me without reading it. there was literally no reason for the type of response from HNQ but of course i get criticized for going back at her.

i bring up the idea of selling Silva before this current season as a topic of discussion. im promptly criticized and called a fake fan because a true City fan wouldn't say that (even though i didn't). yet others say the same thing and no one says much of anything.
obviously my recent posts in this thread have been to annoy because the responses towards me have been completely unnecessary.

i think you'd be shocked by the results if people actually stopped criticizing me and actually debated certain things (like what is supposed to happen on a forum) and maybe opened your mind to another viewpoint.

but if not, i dont care. I've done nothing wrong and insults from random people on a forum won't bother me.

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby bigblue » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:33 am

Soooo you knew nothing about football, didnt want to ba called a glory hunter, liked tevez, started supporting City, and then.... Dortmund?

Most of us could have guessed that you only learned about football a few years ago, that's pretty much a given.

So far sounds pretty much like exactly what I said. Feel free to elaborate though seeing as you've apparently unblocked me.

Tell me, how do you think being a glory hunter NOT a bad thing? Because it means something very specific and negative to most sports fans (who only support one team that is).

But getting you to give a real, coherent answer ain't happening, so I'll just continue speculating
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby zuricity » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:20 am

What time does the repeat World Cup Final start tonight ? It is important for me to know , cos it might clash with 'Person of interest' and i would prefer to watch the latter even though it is utter gash.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby phips » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:48 am

bigblue wrote:Soooo you knew nothing about football, didnt want to ba called a glory hunter, liked tevez, started supporting City, and then.... Dortmund?
when I downloaded Fifa they were one of the only teams you could pick, along with Juve and United and I can't remember who else.
and as im sure you've heard, FIFA has played a huge part in getting people interested in football.

Feel free to elaborate though seeing as you've apparently unblocked me.
actually i haven't. i saw your post because it was quoted. i did click to read this one since i figured it was a response and as we're having a conversation i figured id respond.

Tell me, how do you think being a glory hunter NOT a bad thing? Because it means something very specific and negative to most sports fans (who only support one team that is).
answer me this: who, aside from someone who falls into the below 5 categories, willfully chooses to support a shit team like, say, Sunderland?
1. born into a family of Sunderland fans
2. born in Sunderland
3. partner, family member, or friend plays/works for Sunderland
4. have no allegiance but then marry into a Sunderland family
5. used to work/play for Sunderland
how on Earth would it be entertaining or fun to support and watch Sunderland if you didn't fall into those above criteria? isn't that what watching sports and supporting a team or teams is about?

also, you cannot be happy about the club expanding and making more cash and making new partnerships because those in turn lead to better players and more income while at the same time get mad at new fans that begin supporting a club because of those same things. can't have it both ways. or is it like music for you where you find a band and you dont want them to become popular and then when they do you say "i heard about them x years ago" and/or "i liked their old stuff better" to make sure people know you've been a fan for awhile and, more importantly before they became a fan. is every post-2008 fan a glory hunter then?

also, what for you signifies a Glory hunter? i ask because i started supporting when i knew nothing about the Sheikh and while United still had that infamous banner up in the Swamp. City hadn't won much of note. if i was a glory hunter wouldn't i have supported United or Liverpool? lemme guess: i figured that City would start winning so i wanted to get in on the ground floor ahead of time so i could later claim that i was in early before all the winning, right? well, as you've said, im a dumbass with Aspergers so that would be giving me too much credit apparently.

for me, a glory hunter is someone who, without any prior allegiances, specifically chooses to support a team that has been winning and looks like they will continue winning. then, when that team starts losing jumps ship to someone else.

i know you dont get how it works in States when it comes to European football but seeing as we dont have it here and thus can't be born in a city with a club the way we choose things is a little bit different to the way that it happens over there.
here in the States the only US fans I've ever met have been Liverpool, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Real, or Barca fans. the one Newcastle fan i met was a fan because he moved here from there.

But getting you to give a real, coherent answer ain't happening, so I'll just continue speculating
the only thing i haven't answer is your persistent City vs. Dortmund match question. there really isn't any reason for me to answer but since you keep asking the answer is: i dont know. i really dont. i know for you and most others that is hard to understand. but, try for a second to not be xenophobic and close-minded and instead be open to alternate viewpoints

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:23 am

Good post phips. The whole general glory hunter debate is retarded anyway.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:24 am

" who, aside from someone who falls into the below 5 categories, willfully chooses to support a shit team like, say, Sunderland?
1. born into a family of Sunderland fans
2. born in Sunderland
3. partner, family member, or friend plays/works for Sunderland
4. have no allegiance but then marry into a Sunderland family
5. used to work/play for Sunderland
how on Earth would it be entertaining or fun to support and watch Sunderland if you didn't fall into those above criteria? isn't that what watching sports and supporting a team or teams is about?"

A few thousand Irish chose to support Sunderland when Quinn was their chairman and Keane was their manager.

There's also those who like to root for the underdog in sport.

I began supporting City in the late eighties and I don't fall into any of the above criteria. One of the many things that appealed to me about the club was that they were underdogs.

I have a question for you Phips, how will you feel if Gundogan does sign for City this summer?

And back to the original bone of contention, why are you so adamant that those three players won't be sold? City want Gundogan, Madrid want whatshisname? and Bayern want Reus. I'd say the chances of at least two of the three being sold are fairly high. Oh and then there's Weigl too, he's attracting a lot of interest.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum