PL Games October 22/23/24

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: PL Games October 22/23/24

Postby PeterParker » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:09 am

john68 wrote:If that's the dippers on fire, then God (or the refs) help them.
They only got that result because the rags defence were so far out of place that they could have all been having a meal in a swamp hospitality suite. They were nowhere to be seen.The scouse passing kept giving the ball away but the rags were kind enough to keep giving it them back.
THE DIPPERS WERE ATROCIOUS and aginst any organised team would have struggled.

Whatever the score when we played them recently, we were a far better side.
Whatever juices they may or may not take, that might improve their aerobic capacity, those juicers have no abilities to improve their passing, positioning or general teamwork levels.
Their being poor and still blasting the rags was a point well made at the time by the punditsand commentary. THEY WERE SHIT...THE RAGS WERE NON EXISTENT.


We are better, yes, but the rest of the league isn't.
Remember 18/19 when they were having a laugh while we were playing finals every weekend?
Image
User avatar
PeterParker
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17211
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Bucharest
Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: PL Games October 22/23/24

Postby stupot » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:16 am

PeterParker wrote:
john68 wrote:If that's the dippers on fire, then God (or the refs) help them.
They only got that result because the rags defence were so far out of place that they could have all been having a meal in a swamp hospitality suite. They were nowhere to be seen.The scouse passing kept giving the ball away but the rags were kind enough to keep giving it them back.
THE DIPPERS WERE ATROCIOUS and aginst any organised team would have struggled.

Whatever the score when we played them recently, we were a far better side.
Whatever juices they may or may not take, that might improve their aerobic capacity, those juicers have no abilities to improve their passing, positioning or general teamwork levels.
Their being poor and still blasting the rags was a point well made at the time by the punditsand commentary. THEY WERE SHIT...THE RAGS WERE NON EXISTENT.


We are better, yes, but the rest of the league isn't.
Remember 18/19 when they were having a laugh while we were playing finals every weekend?

We are better. So are Chelsea.
I remember them not having a laugh all the time in 18/19. They drew against some dross for us to claw back the gap.
stupot
Tevez's Golfing Holiday
 
Posts: 731
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:23 pm
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: PL Games October 22/23/24

Postby PeterParker » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:41 am

stupot wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
john68 wrote:If that's the dippers on fire, then God (or the refs) help them.
They only got that result because the rags defence were so far out of place that they could have all been having a meal in a swamp hospitality suite. They were nowhere to be seen.The scouse passing kept giving the ball away but the rags were kind enough to keep giving it them back.
THE DIPPERS WERE ATROCIOUS and aginst any organised team would have struggled.

Whatever the score when we played them recently, we were a far better side.
Whatever juices they may or may not take, that might improve their aerobic capacity, those juicers have no abilities to improve their passing, positioning or general teamwork levels.
Their being poor and still blasting the rags was a point well made at the time by the punditsand commentary. THEY WERE SHIT...THE RAGS WERE NON EXISTENT.


We are better, yes, but the rest of the league isn't.
Remember 18/19 when they were having a laugh while we were playing finals every weekend?

We are better. So are Chelsea.
I remember them not having a laugh all the time in 18/19. They drew against some dross for us to claw back the gap.


They drew against Leicester, Whu, Everton and the rags and from late march, if I am correct, won everything without a sweat, including that parody vs Newcastle.
On the other hand, I recall our Burnley away game. Critical.
Image
User avatar
PeterParker
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17211
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Bucharest
Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: PL Games October 22/23/24

Postby stupot » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:55 am

Exactly- they were 7 points ahead and dropped 8 with those draws. Their lucky win at Newcastle was definitely a sweat as well.
Our game at Burnley was horrible, as was the Vinnie Leicester game but we did it superbly whilst winning everything else domestically as well.
They were a better team then, their defence was far better then. They'll be 3rd this season.
stupot
Tevez's Golfing Holiday
 
Posts: 731
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:23 pm
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: PL Games October 22/23/24

Postby Mase » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:22 am

Eric Garcia too lazy to get to the ball first and a Real player scores to make it 2-0 yesterday. Aguero then scores a few minutes later to make it 2-1. Had Garcia been a half decent defender Barca could have got a draw. I love seeing him fail.
Mase
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 29709
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: PL Games October 22/23/24

Postby john68 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:01 pm

PeterParker wrote:
john68 wrote:If that's the dippers on fire, then God (or the refs) help them.
They only got that result because the rags defence were so far out of place that they could have all been having a meal in a swamp hospitality suite. They were nowhere to be seen.The scouse passing kept giving the ball away but the rags were kind enough to keep giving it them back.
THE DIPPERS WERE ATROCIOUS and aginst any organised team would have struggled.

Whatever the score when we played them recently, we were a far better side.
Whatever juices they may or may not take, that might improve their aerobic capacity, those juicers have no abilities to improve their passing, positioning or general teamwork levels.
Their being poor and still blasting the rags was a point well made at the time by the punditsand commentary. THEY WERE SHIT...THE RAGS WERE NON EXISTENT.


We are better, yes, but the rest of the league isn't.
Remember 18/19 when they were having a laugh while we were playing finals every weekend?


You're doctor needs to up the dosage of your pessimism pills.
Next you'll be saying that the rags arte still contenders for the CL.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
User avatar
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14342
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:47 pm
Location: Sittin' on the dock of the bay...wastin' time.
Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Re: PL Games October 22/23/24

Postby Mase » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:10 pm

If you think Liverpool are shit then you’re got about 500 pairs of blue tinted specs on.
Mase
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 29709
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: PL Games October 22/23/24

Postby PeterParker » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:29 pm

john68 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
john68 wrote:If that's the dippers on fire, then God (or the refs) help them.
They only got that result because the rags defence were so far out of place that they could have all been having a meal in a swamp hospitality suite. They were nowhere to be seen.The scouse passing kept giving the ball away but the rags were kind enough to keep giving it them back.
THE DIPPERS WERE ATROCIOUS and aginst any organised team would have struggled.

Whatever the score when we played them recently, we were a far better side.
Whatever juices they may or may not take, that might improve their aerobic capacity, those juicers have no abilities to improve their passing, positioning or general teamwork levels.
Their being poor and still blasting the rags was a point well made at the time by the punditsand commentary. THEY WERE SHIT...THE RAGS WERE NON EXISTENT.


We are better, yes, but the rest of the league isn't.
Remember 18/19 when they were having a laugh while we were playing finals every weekend?


You're doctor needs to up the dosage of your pessimism pills.
Next you'll be saying that the rags arte still contenders for the CL.


I support City, pessimism comes with the job :lol:
Image
User avatar
PeterParker
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17211
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Bucharest
Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: PL Games October 22/23/24

Postby patrickblue » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:47 pm

Not sure what the fuss is.
We're not even in November yet, and are two points behind the chavs, and one behind the vermin. We've played both away, beaten one, and were unfortunate to only draw with the other.
Looking good to me.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
User avatar
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6055
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Newbury Berks
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Re: PL Games October 22/23/24

Postby zuricity » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:10 pm

patrickblue wrote:Not sure what the fuss is.
We're not even in November yet, and are two points behind the chavs, and one behind the vermin. We've played both away, beaten one, and were unfortunate to only draw with the other.
Looking good to me.


Indeed, the only blip for me is not Scoring against Spuds we played well that day. Against Soton we didn't play well and they took the game to us , I can't have any complaints there , on the day we were not at our best. Against Scouse , events unfolded and they got lucky. We could have won that too.

As for Salad , yes he is scoring , and in the last few games some good goals. However he has had dozens of chances and screwed up this season already too. Anyway, they're off on their holidays in the new year so that will put a spanner in Scouse's works.
Last edited by zuricity on Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14084
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

Re: PL Games October 22/23/24

Postby john68 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:59 pm

Mase wrote:If you think Liverpool are shit then you’re got about 500 pairs of blue tinted specs on.


Nowt better than a bit of exageration.

Remove the goals from the game and the dippers' performance wasn't that much better than the rags.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
User avatar
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14342
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:47 pm
Location: Sittin' on the dock of the bay...wastin' time.
Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Re: PL Games October 22/23/24

Postby Mase » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:01 pm

john68 wrote:
Mase wrote:If you think Liverpool are shit then you’re got about 500 pairs of blue tinted specs on.


Nowt better than a bit of exageration.

Remove the goals from the game and the dippers' performance wasn't that much better than the rags.


I’ve just looked at the match stats and Liverpool were a lot better than United. Removing the goals.
Mase
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 29709
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: PL Games October 22/23/24

Postby nottsblue » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:50 pm

Mase wrote:
john68 wrote:
Mase wrote:If you think Liverpool are shit then you’re got about 500 pairs of blue tinted specs on.


Nowt better than a bit of exageration.

Remove the goals from the game and the dippers' performance wasn't that much better than the rags.


I’ve just looked at the match stats and Liverpool were a lot better than United. Removing the goals.

Removing the goals from any game and it’s 0-0

They are the most important benchmark on which matches and pots are determined. Those that score a lot of goals will be in the running to win things. The dippers, like ourselves and Chelsea, will be in the running
nottsblue
Pellegrini's Hoodie
 
Posts: 22724
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: PL Games October 22/23/24

Postby Dimples » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:58 pm

stupot wrote:They're on fire against the dross. Let's face it Atalanta would have won by 5 had all their centre backs not been injured.
Rags should have been up early doors but Penandez missed.
Dippers have played their 2 biggest rivals at home and were outclassed by Chelsea until the sending off and pen and managed a draw and were outclassed by us 1st half and then Milner should have been off umpteen times and a wonder goal scraped them a draw.
Their defence looks shaky, Brentford scored 3 past them. Atletico were battering them until the sending off.
Even without the African Nations i'd have put them down for 3rd place.


There is the problem - the Dippers would have probably lost all three games without the help.
Red cards for Chelsea and Athletico, no red card or penalty against Milner.
Net result, Dippers have 4 points more than they should, Chelsea and us are down 2 points each. In the CL group qualification is a certainty.
Dippers are good enough to beat most teams in the PL, any issues they will be helped.

They are a serious contender because the help they get gives them an edge.
User avatar
Dimples
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1450
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:05 am
Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Re: PL Games October 22/23/24

Postby zuricity » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:02 pm

Dimples wrote:
stupot wrote:They're on fire against the dross. Let's face it Atalanta would have won by 5 had all their centre backs not been injured.
Rags should have been up early doors but Penandez missed.
Dippers have played their 2 biggest rivals at home and were outclassed by Chelsea until the sending off and pen and managed a draw and were outclassed by us 1st half and then Milner should have been off umpteen times and a wonder goal scraped them a draw.
Their defence looks shaky, Brentford scored 3 past them. Atletico were battering them until the sending off.
Even without the African Nations i'd have put them down for 3rd place.


There is the problem - the Dippers would have probably lost all three games without the help.
Red cards for Chelsea and Athletico, no red card or penalty against Milner.
Net result, Dippers have 4 points more than they should, Chelsea and us are down 2 points each. In the CL group qualification is a certainty.
Dippers are good enough to beat most teams in the PL, any issues they will be helped.

They are a serious contender because the help they get gives them an edge.


Sorry but their form will dip.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14084
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

Re: PL Games October 22/23/24

Postby Mase » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:31 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
john68 wrote:
Mase wrote:If you think Liverpool are shit then you’re got about 500 pairs of blue tinted specs on.


Nowt better than a bit of exageration.

Remove the goals from the game and the dippers' performance wasn't that much better than the rags.


I’ve just looked at the match stats and Liverpool were a lot better than United. Removing the goals.

Removing the goals from any game and it’s 0-0

They are the most important benchmark on which matches and pots are determined. Those that score a lot of goals will be in the running to win things. The dippers, like ourselves and Chelsea, will be in the running


Agree with all that. Removing goals means we don’t win the league in 11/12
Mase
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 29709
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: PL Games October 22/23/24

Postby sheblue » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:14 pm

Remove the goals? Eh?
Two seasons ago all I heard about was how the vermin would flop, fail, run out of steam etc etc.
Well it didn't happen then, it might not happen now.
The evidence before us now is that they are playing very well, title winning form.
We're in a battle. Be in no doubt.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9798
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:28 pm
Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Re: PL Games October 22/23/24

Postby Dimples » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:59 pm

sheblue wrote:Remove the goals? Eh?
Two seasons ago all I heard about was how the vermin would flop, fail, run out of steam etc etc.
Well it didn't happen then, it might not happen now.
The evidence before us now is that they are playing very well, title winning form.
We're in a battle. Be in no doubt.


I agree.
But to sustain a challenge they need to be lucky with injuries to certain players and their 'new found energy' needs to be maintained for a full season.

Squad cover for midfield and forwards is not deep. So that is a potential problem for them.
'Energy' was no problem in 18/19 & 19/20. Recovery was required in 20/21. So now that they are back on Klopp's secret recipe I expect them to keep going like Duracell bunnies for all of 21/22.
Not to sure if the African nations cup is a big problem? I think it only affects two PL games against cannon fodder. Maybe two countries who have 'istry' will play and kick each other of the pitch. Here's hoping.
User avatar
Dimples
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1450
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:05 am
Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Re: PL Games October 22/23/24

Postby john68 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:46 pm

Mase wrote:
john68 wrote:
Mase wrote:If you think Liverpool are shit then you’re got about 500 pairs of blue tinted specs on.


Nowt better than a bit of exageration.

Remove the goals from the game and the dippers' performance wasn't that much better than the rags.


I’ve just looked at the match stats and Liverpool were a lot better than United. Removing the goals.


Not from what I saw, maybe just a reflection of how poor the rags really were.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
User avatar
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14342
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:47 pm
Location: Sittin' on the dock of the bay...wastin' time.
Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Re: PL Games October 22/23/24

Postby PeterParker » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:40 am

sheblue wrote:Remove the goals? Eh?
Two seasons ago all I heard about was how the vermin would flop, fail, run out of steam etc etc.
Well it didn't happen then, it might not happen now.
The evidence before us now is that they are playing very well, title winning form.
We're in a battle. Be in no doubt.


This all day long. 18/19 and the first half of 19/20 must be critical in how we fight our battle. We've seen the scenario and we need to keep the pace every week, no matter the opponents.
They did not change anything, it's the same pressing, they did, no formation change, no evolution, all due to their fitness and ... you know.

We evolved, changed system, have a mental advantage over them after being the superior team in all of the last 4 games.
But yet, I think we've not seen our best yet, even if vs Chelsea was wow.
Image
User avatar
PeterParker
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17211
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Bucharest
Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: C & C, Google [Bot], Mase and 72 guests