PL Games December 4/5/6

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: PL Games December 4/5/6

Postby Mase » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:17 am

Am I missing something with last nights game? The Everton player stamped on the Arsenal players face and VAR looked at it and thought it was okay?! Godfrey has done snide things in the past as well.

Whether it was meant or not, I personally think it was, it was completely reckless!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:49 am

Nick wrote:Apparantly it was BS PR and he wasnt on. Just highlights! Jokers! I did think why would he possibly be on unless he agreed a move.

And there we go. Probably just another reason to talk about the Rags. The likes of Sky and the sporting industries are in full on ‘Give the fans what they want’ mode, just like we’ve seen in F1, and they will do anything to bring the subscribers in.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:04 pm

Mase wrote:Am I missing something with last nights game? The Everton player stamped on the Arsenal players face and VAR looked at it and thought it was okay?! Godfrey has done snide things in the past as well.

Whether it was meant or not, I personally think it was, it was completely reckless!

Just seen it, clearly meant it. This sums up why VAR is not fit for purpose. Mike Dean officiating in his own patch, is just as wrong as Rag Taylor walking to the swamp to assist the scum.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:21 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:Am I missing something with last nights game? The Everton player stamped on the Arsenal players face and VAR looked at it and thought it was okay?! Godfrey has done snide things in the past as well.

Just seen it, clearly meant it. This sums up why VAR is not fit for purpose. Mike Dean officiating in his own patch, is just as wrong as Rag Taylor walking to the swamp to assist the scum.

Dean has gone from being a decent and honest ref ten years ago (didn’t bottle sending Scholes off in the FA Cup semi), to a complete and utter narcissistic ref that does everything for the camera.

Like you say, the fact he’s from Merseyside but is allowed to referee their matches is a joke.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dave watson's perm » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:29 pm

Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Dean has gone from being a decent and honest ref ten years ago (didn’t bottle sending Scholes off in the FA Cup semi), to a complete and utter narcissistic ref that does everything for the camera.

Like you say, the fact he’s from Merseyside but is allowed to referee their matches is a joke.

I had to do a double take at the weekend when the commentator (can't remember who) said that as Dean was from Merseyside he couldn't officiate games there even though he was a diehard Tranmere fan. Some of the shit these guys spew is unbelievable
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:16 pm

dave watson's perm wrote:
Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

I had to do a double take at the weekend when the commentator (can't remember who) said that as Dean was from Merseyside he couldn't officiate games there even though he was a diehard Tranmere fan. Some of the shit these guys spew is unbelievable

The refs the BT scouse/rag love in. Impartiality my arse. If Xhaka was on the pitch no need for VAR Dean would have flashed his red card. Dermot the idiot Gallagher would have ratified it today. 6 match ban. The games bent.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:13 pm

No thread for it but Barca heading out the CL as it stands :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:17 pm

spuds game off covid 8 - 0 Spuds .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zuricity » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:36 pm

Rags introduce a new form of playing it's called "Gegendepress"(ing).
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:15 am

I hope Eric Garcia is okay this morning.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:20 am

Mase wrote:No thread for it but Barca heading out the CL as it stands :lol:

Out of CL and unseeded in a play-off round to determine whether or not they'll reach the Europa League last 16 (where they'll again be unseeded, if they make it through).
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:21 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Mase wrote:No thread for it but Barca heading out the CL as it stands :lol:

Out of CL and unseeded in a play-off round to determine whether or not they'll reach the Europa League last 16 (where they'll again be unseeded, if they make it through).

Ah brilliant! Enjoy Ferran!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john68 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:23 pm

zuricity wrote:spuds game off covid 8 - 0 Spuds .

Will anyone bar Spud's fans notice?
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum