Slippy G's dilemma

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Slippy G's dilemma

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 18, 2022 7:15 pm

Mase wrote:Didn’t Wolves get fined when Mick McCarthy was manager, for fielding an under strength team?

As long as the team is made up from the squad list submitted to the PL, then Villa can play whoever they like. I imagine Leeds will have more of a beef than us though
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Wed May 18, 2022 7:18 pm

Wolves have been hit with a £25,000 suspended Premier League fine for fielding a weakened team for their 3-0 December defeat at Manchester United.
Boss Mick McCarthy made 10 changes to the side that beat Tottenham 1-0 as he rested key players ahead of the game against Burnley, which Wolves won 2-0.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Wed May 18, 2022 7:32 pm

Mase wrote:Wolves have been hit with a £25,000 suspended Premier League fine for fielding a weakened team for their 3-0 December defeat at Manchester United.
Boss Mick McCarthy made 10 changes to the side that beat Tottenham 1-0 as he rested key players ahead of the game against Burnley, which Wolves won 2-0.

So the murderer's fine will be in the post after last night's selection, then......
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby City64 » Wed May 18, 2022 7:32 pm

Another media narrative swallowed by a world wide social media audience. Gerrard is a shite PL manager learning his trade , Villa have 40 odd points because they have been shite all season. Meanwhile the best team in the world are at home and just have to beat Aston fucking Villa to win the best league in the world. Sort of clarifies why the world we live in today is totally fucked .
Enjoy your beer .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Wed May 18, 2022 7:37 pm

City64 wrote:Another media narrative swallowed by a world wide social media audience. Gerrard is a shite PL manager learning his trade , Villa have 40 odd points because they have been shite all season. Meanwhile the best team in the world are at home and just have to beat Aston fucking Villa to win the best league in the world. Sort of clarifies why the world we live in today is totally fucked .
Enjoy your beer .

That’s not how football works, and you know that.
If Southampton had beaten Liverpool last night it wouldn’t mean Southampton are the better team. If Villa beat us it doesn’t mean they’re the better team.

No one here believes we may not win because of the media. But as we all know these things can happen. Palace have taken 4 points off us this season - football is unpredictable.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby City64 » Wed May 18, 2022 8:08 pm

Mase wrote:
City64 wrote:Another media narrative swallowed by a world wide social media audience. Gerrard is a shite PL manager learning his trade , Villa have 40 odd points because they have been shite all season. Meanwhile the best team in the world are at home and just have to beat Aston fucking Villa to win the best league in the world. Sort of clarifies why the world we live in today is totally fucked .
Enjoy your beer .

That’s not how football works, and you know that.
If Southampton had beaten Liverpool last night it wouldn’t mean Southampton are the better team. If Villa beat us it doesn’t mean they’re the better team.

No one here believes we may not win because of the media. But as we all know these things can happen. Palace have taken 4 points off us this season - football is unpredictable.

Southampton were a fucking disgrace last night they put 40 % effort in . Villa will be the same after playing Burnley in their last home game tomorrow (Thursday) . Media spin a different situation that is to brainwash an audience that isn’t educated. This is the manipulative world we live in today controlled by a media that seeks big bucks through lies and deceit and manipulation.
City at their best destroy Villa on Sunday but no media outlet will go with that because it doesn’t suit their money making narrative.
Enjoy your beer !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Original Dub » Wed May 18, 2022 8:14 pm

Mase is right and it's been mentioned a few times. Of course we can lose or drop points to any team.

Just like the league winners do every season.

However, giving examples of getting caught off guard mid season v Palace or Southampton is absolutely not the same as getting caught off guard when it's a playoff for the title.

Anything can happen in football, but I'm no more worried about this game than I am about dying before I'm fifty.
Similar odds apparently and I've similar control over the outcome :P
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Dimples » Wed May 18, 2022 10:55 pm

Slippy G will be desperate to beat us.
He will convey this to his players, who may take note because he is their boss again next season.

But will they really give a fuck. No they won't. Not in the heat of battle. Villa players will not be dying with their boots on to stop us. No last ditch tackles, lung bursting runs or risking injury before they head to the airport Monday.

Then there is Jack. Seemingly Jack was and is still very popular with AV. He will have mates playing on that team, who may not begrudge him a PL medal.

It is human nature. The biggest factor is the Villa players will not be putting their life on the line to stop us. We will be. There can only be one winner.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby gmercer1 » Thu May 19, 2022 7:47 am

Serious question, when was the last time you can remember a team not really giving 100% against us? Happens almost every week with the Dippers....but I honestly can't remember a team turning up and just jogging around against us like Southampton did the other night.
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby PeterParker » Thu May 19, 2022 8:02 am

gmercer1 wrote:Serious question, when was the last time you can remember a team not really giving 100% against us? Happens almost every week with the Dippers....but I honestly can't remember a team turning up and just jogging around against us like Southampton did the other night.

This,
However, there are two things here, if you ask me:
1) The clubs hate us
2) Players always turn up because they are playing the best around. It's understandable. I remember us being shite and wanted to be superhumans in two games: home and away vs the rags.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby stupot » Thu May 19, 2022 8:17 am

gmercer1 wrote:Serious question, when was the last time you can remember a team not really giving 100% against us? Happens almost every week with the Dippers....but I honestly can't remember a team turning up and just jogging around against us like Southampton did the other night.

Rags 2nd half.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby City64 » Thu May 19, 2022 8:31 am

stupot wrote:

Rags 2nd half.

Yeah deffo rags .
Brighton
Watford
Newcastle 2nd half .

Teams have slackened off after conceding at the Etihad recently .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby stupot » Thu May 19, 2022 9:26 am

City64 wrote:
stupot wrote:

Rags 2nd half.

Yeah deffo rags .
Brighton
Watford
Newcastle 2nd half .

Leeds at home as well.
It should have been 10
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby City64 » Thu May 19, 2022 9:51 am

stupot wrote:
City64 wrote:
stupot wrote:

Rags 2nd half.

Yeah deffo rags .
Brighton
Watford
Newcastle 2nd half .

Leeds at home as well.
It should have been 10

Yes they were possibly the worst PL team I have ever seen at the Etihad . City took the foot off the gas should have been double figures as you say .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Thu May 19, 2022 11:59 am

Had a look on Villa forum, pre match thread v Burnley, thought this post funny -:

Pick the best available players for this one as Pangloss said. We’ll get bugger all at the Dunes on Sunday so nail these three points.

The Dunes, WTF. :lol: :lol: :lol:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Postby patrickblue » Thu May 19, 2022 12:06 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Had a look on Villa forum, pre match thread v Burnley, thought this post funny -:

Pick the best available players for this one as Pangloss said. We’ll get bugger all at the Dunes on Sunday so nail these three points.

Obviously some hilarious joke about UAE and deserts.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Outcast » Thu May 19, 2022 12:13 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:Had a look on Villa forum, pre match thread v Burnley, thought this post funny -:

Yeh cos Biiiiiiirmiiingham is like Hollywood innnit!

I wouldn't waste a good piss in that shithole Brum brum. I doubt that chimp has any idea how developed UAE is!
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Thu May 19, 2022 12:28 pm

Back to the Villa forum, the consensus is this should be the team v Burnley- :

Emi

Cash Chambers Mings Digne

SJM Marvellous Ramsey

Buendia Coutinho

Watkins

Be interesting to see the line up Slippy puts out if the above is what the fans expect
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Postby CTID Hants » Thu May 19, 2022 5:28 pm

Outcast wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Yeh cos Biiiiiiirmiiingham is like Hollywood innnit!

I wouldn't waste a good piss in that shithole Brum brum. I doubt that chimp has any idea how developed UAE is!

The most obnoxious fans ever (after murdering cunts) banging on about oil and Arabs at Wembley 2 years back, they fucking stank of stail piss and all thought they were peaky fookin blinders hard men.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu May 19, 2022 5:44 pm

patrickblue wrote:

bit rich considering that birmingham is a pretty much a slum suburb of karachi.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum