Champions -v- Aston Villa Build Up Thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Champions -v- Aston Villa Build Up Thread

Postby john68 » Thu May 19, 2022 10:52 pm

hayling22 wrote:I think they will be up for it, purely because they are tailgating our season, and for once they can make a difference.

If Villa play their normal game, it should be straightforward
These games also have a twist somewhere, the most likely a scenario where either a defensive calamity on our part, or a fluke gives them the lead.
I am never surprised if that happens, but we will come through, even if we go a goal down

That made me smile and brought back a memory regarding our promotion at Bradford years ago.
Before the KO my kids asked me would we be promoted.
I said if Cty weree winning at HT, we were in trouble.
If City went behind, we were guaranteed promotion.....Morley's header proved me right.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri May 20, 2022 5:59 am

john68 wrote:
hayling22 wrote:I think they will be up for it, purely because they are tailgating our season, and for once they can make a difference.

These games also have a twist somewhere, the most likely a scenario where either a defensive calamity on our part, or a fluke gives them the lead.
I am never surprised if that happens, but we will come through, even if we go a goal down

That made me smile and brought back a memory regarding our promotion at Bradford years ago.
If City went behind, we were guaranteed promotion.....Morley's header proved me right.

You sure about that, mate? ;)

We battered them that day. It was all very friendly in the Bradford end where I stood and on the pitch afterwards. Wouldn’t mind seeing them back up.

We need some noise on Sunday, constant relentless vocal backing from Blues lucky enough to be there. No fucking whining like we get on here when a chance is missed.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby salford city » Fri May 20, 2022 6:45 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
john68 wrote:

You sure about that, mate? ;)

We battered them that day. It was all very friendly in the Bradford end where I stood and on the pitch afterwards. Wouldn’t mind seeing them back up.

We need some noise on Sunday, constant relentless vocal backing from Blues lucky enough to be there. No fucking whining like we get on here when a chance is missed.

I remember that i paid £30 for a fucking standing ticket in our end but we scored at our end even though it was not a header...
We got back to Victoria and it went off big style with utd who were waiting. The lower rurks head was shut down for some years following that
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri May 20, 2022 6:48 am

I think it was about 12 quid to stand in their end. Sorry mate.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mainerdwasmychurch » Fri May 20, 2022 7:03 am

i Remember having to listen to the Bradford match on the radio.....I think Brian Clarke was commentating....used to love listening to him....anyway that was a typical cityitis finish to the season......last home match against Bournemouth we were 3-0 at HT.....only for Bish to run the second half and it finished 3-3.....then the way the Bradford match happened.......it’s in our DNA not to do things easy.......however we gonna tear villa a new one......I’ve never been more convinced of it......all I hear is how slippy just gotta turn up and take the 3 points.....dream on you deluded twat....
Mainerdwasmychurch
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: Mcfc
My favourite player is: Kinki

Postby salford city » Fri May 20, 2022 7:26 am

Mainerdwasmychurch wrote:i Remember having to listen to the Bradford match on the radio.....I think Brian Clarke was commentating....used to love listening to him....anyway that was a typical cityitis finish to the season......last home match against Bournemouth we were 3-0 at HT.....only for Bish to run the second half and it finished 3-3.....then the way the Bradford match happened.......it’s in our DNA not to do things easy.......however we gonna tear villa a new one......I’ve never been more convinced of it......all I hear is how slippy just gotta turn up and take the 3 points.....dream on you deluded twat....

Deluded twat indeed. You can hear the screeching in every fucking piece on it . Gerrard is going to get them up for it, rested Ings and Coutinho for it last night. Whoop-de-fucking do,. Weve had a weeks rest. Im expecting a fucking hiding for Villa, lets get on it from the start
salford city

Postby Bear60 » Fri May 20, 2022 9:30 am

Cmon City give it your all and win the league we have got to stop Dippers getting the quadruple that should be inspiration enough then we can go on and be the first team to do the quadruple next season .Please put an end to their shit and the Dipper loving media.
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby City64 » Fri May 20, 2022 9:31 am

Despite the dipper / rag media mythical fantasy that only clanfield and the swamp generate atmosphere THE ETIHAD is an absolute bear pit for any opposition in the big games . Seen Liverpool this season and that famous January night in 2019 crumble and physically shaken before KO and 20 minutes or so into the game with the noise and intimidation created inside the ground . The same happens when the rags come to the Etihad and the later stages of the CL …….. Spurs QF Barcelona a few years back and PSG and Real Madrid this season . Sunday v Villa will be the same and I actually think the bin dippers connection with Villa helps our cause and puts more fire in the belly of our supporters who will be in the Etihad.
Ideal scenario we score an early goal say in the first 20 minutes and we get right on top and score another before halftime the atmosphere will soon turn into a party one . IF things somehow don’t go to plan first half the crowd will stay with team but Villa are very mediocre they aren’t a team of the stature as previous mentioned……… MCFC are now a battle hardened machine compared to the team that started this era in that epic QPR 93.20 encounter.
CTID
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Fri May 20, 2022 10:17 am

City64 wrote:Despite the dipper / rag media mythical fantasy that only clanfield and the swamp generate atmosphere THE ETIHAD is an absolute bear pit for any opposition in the big games . Seen Liverpool this season and that famous January night in 2019 crumble and physically shaken before KO and 20 minutes or so into the game with the noise and intimidation created inside the ground . The same happens when the rags come to the Etihad and the later stages of the CL …….. Spurs QF Barcelona a few years back and PSG and Real Madrid this season . Sunday v Villa will be the same and I actually think the bin dippers connection with Villa helps our cause and puts more fire in the belly of our supporters who will be in the Etihad.
Ideal scenario we score an early goal say in the first 20 minutes and we get right on top and score another before halftime the atmosphere will soon turn into a party one . IF things somehow don’t go to plan first half the crowd will stay with team but Villa are very mediocre they aren’t a team of the stature as previous mentioned……… MCFC are now a battle hardened machine compared to the team that started this era in that epic QPR 93.20 encounter.
CTID

Good - cos I can't take too much more edge of seat drama
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri May 20, 2022 12:25 pm

Officials for the game - :

Referee: Michael Oliver. Assistants: Stuart Burt, Simon Bennett. Fourth official: David Coote. VAR: Darren England. Assistant VAR: Adrian Holmes.

And the dipper game - :

Referee: Anthony Taylor. Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn. Fourth official: Tony Harrington. VAR: Stuart Attwell. Assistant VAR: Dan Cook.

PIGMOL doing their best right until the end. :lol:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri May 20, 2022 7:45 pm

Got myself a crate of friends, will have to stop at some point as I fly out the following day, so please be a win.

Come on City, one goal more than them will do me.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PeterParker » Fri May 20, 2022 9:53 pm

I think Oliver will be a good choice. He looked ok the past years in our games.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby hayling22 » Sat May 21, 2022 2:24 am

Another nice target and one that maybe in the back of the players minds, is score 4 and achieve 100 Prem goals for the season.
It's actually good to have that in the sights, as when We achieved that with Jesus goal a couple of years back....It means something
hayling22
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Dennis Tueart

Postby gaudy » Sat May 21, 2022 6:05 am

hayling22 wrote:Another nice target and one that maybe in the back of the players minds, is score 4 and achieve 100 Prem goals for the season.
It's actually good to have that in the sights, as when We achieved that with Jesus goal a couple of years back....It means something

That was for 100 points
gaudy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby hayling22 » Sat May 21, 2022 6:11 am

gaudy wrote:
hayling22 wrote:Another nice target and one that maybe in the back of the players minds, is score 4 and achieve 100 Prem goals for the season.

That was for 100 points

Yes, apologies...but 100 goals is a worthy target
hayling22
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Dennis Tueart

Postby ruralblue » Sat May 21, 2022 8:32 am

We'll do it but I have a feeling it will be the City way.

New kit... Haaland getting presented before the game?
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby salford city » Sat May 21, 2022 9:01 am

hayling22 wrote:
gaudy wrote:

That was for 100 points

Yes, apologies...but 100 goals is a worthy target

Surely that cannot be correct? Scouse have the bestest ever in the world forward line. We cannot have outscored them
salford city

Postby Indianablue » Sat May 21, 2022 9:37 am

My lad has asked me round to his to watch the game. 28yrs of brain washing paid off. Hope it turns into a routine and a win. A son shouldn't have to watch his old man cry unless they are tears of joy
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby gaudy » Sat May 21, 2022 12:29 pm

Usually watch big games at home but goin to the local for this one, only city fan in a town full of bin dippers.

I'm confident & want to watch their hopes of missing out on the league to us on the last day again die! I'll revel in it
gaudy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Bournemouthcityfan » Sat May 21, 2022 2:49 pm

Brave and excellent plan the number of times I
Watched in a pub before the takeover and had to up with rags and dipper fans getting overexcited.Good for you
Must be awful living there.

Still after I got a season ticket(I live in Bournemouth I never saw city lose I couldn’t keep it up so only year only I’m afraid.

I hope it will be a big party can’t wait for the coverage from Klanfield at the end of the matches. At least that’s what I’m looking forward to. Let’s stuff villa and mr slippy.
Bournemouthcityfan
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sergio Augero

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum