New UEFA Financial Sustainability Rules (Replaces FFP)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

New UEFA Financial Sustainability Rules (Replaces FFP)

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:59 am

Swiss Ramble Explains All
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: New UEFA Financial Sustainability Rules (Replaces FFP)

Postby City64 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:41 am

Swiss Ramble is the best football finance twitter account out there, superb as always.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:32 am

Who is deemed to be in good health and who isn't? I wonder
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:40 pm

Didn’t think we had any debt?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:40 pm

nottsblue wrote:Didn’t think we had any debt?

I guess there would always be transfer debt. The other bit I would guess is probably convenient accounting.

But it does seem further explanation would help
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby blues-clues » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:13 pm

Most businesses have a bit of trade debt, suppliers get paid on 60 or 90 days, money is always owed to HMRC for VAT and PAYE. Rates will be paid monthly so will usually show as a debt dependent on year end dates.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby patrickblue » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:10 pm

So what have they put in it now to fuck City over?
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:25 pm

Who gives a fuck, we’re through and nobody is touching us now.

Should we care for those who want to emulate our success, or should we stop it?

Ps. Have they made Barca, Real and the Rags pay their debt off yet? If not, just another bollox system designed to cater for the cunts.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dimples » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:41 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Who gives a fuck, we’re through and nobody is touching us now.

Should we care for those who want to emulate our success, or should we stop it?

Ps. Have they made Barca, Real and the Rags pay their debt off yet? If not, just another bollox system designed to cater for the cunts.

Exactly. We are through the gate.
We have a new generation superstar playing for us next season. He generates to much global interest and revenues for the authorities to really fuck us over.
With KDB it is more of the same.
We have five England internationals playing in this WC season: Walker, Stones, Phillips, Foden, Grealish.
IMO they cannot really give it to us up the arse anymore. To many people want to watch us, sponsors want a return, Haaland helps this, etc...
I cannot see a repeat of the CL matches against Liverpool and Spurs happening again, I am still angry over those injustices.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:12 am

blues-clues wrote:Most businesses have a bit of trade debt, suppliers get paid on 60 or 90 days, money is always owed to HMRC for VAT and PAYE. Rates will be paid monthly so will usually show as a debt dependent on year end dates.

Correct
My business partners love a bit of debt in our company — I fucking don’t but I get why we need our money working for us.

I’m outvoted 3 to fucking 1!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby john68 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:16 am

Whilst I agree that we might be through the current gate they built to slow us down or stop us, the old order still haven't accepted us and see us as an enemy and a threat to their hegemony.

I don't think our owners expected the FFP regulations to be put in place, nor the corruption of UEFA to change the wording of the regulations to ensure we failed. I don't think our owners expected those early contrived CL cup draws that seemed to pair us with top opponents season after season, nor the lengthening of the coefficient qualifying time from 5yrs to 10yrs that drove the rags from way down the rankings to the top echelons of it and drove City from nearthe top to waydown.
I am certain that our owners, having agreed a deal they believed had sorted out the first FFP battle dragged back up, which saw us banned from the CL for 2yrs. A battle that cost City time, money, a loss of global reputation and an issue that was only settled by an appeal to the highest sports' court.

We played no part in the discussions of the old order regarding the setting up and design of the format for the failed Super League, and it was only at the last minute that we were invited, given little or no time to assess its affect on our club, which was forced to make a snap decision to join or not.
Damned if we joined, damned if we stayed out.

Now is not a time to think we are through the gate, so all is well. As we rise, there will be other attacks, our accounts will be consistantly held for forensic scrutiny. and the threat will remain in place.

We are at the party, but we are still left isolated in the corner of the room without a friendly face to talk to.

This new set of rules needs to be properly looked at to see how it might negatively affect us and maybe more importantly how it may positively affect our enemies to allow them to keep pace with us.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:25 am

john68 wrote:
We are at the party, but we are still left isolated in the corner of the room without a friendly face to talk to.

Just like Teresa May at a European summit!
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john68 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:46 am

john@staustell wrote:
john68 wrote:

Just like Teresa May at a European summit!

:-)
Yep John, a perfect simile except we are beautiful and capable....she certainly was neither.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby patrickblue » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:04 pm

john68 wrote:Whilst I agree that we might be through the current gate they built to slow us down or stop us, the old order still haven't accepted us and see us as an enemy and a threat to their hegemony.

I don't think our owners expected the FFP regulations to be put in place, nor the corruption of UEFA to change the wording of the regulations to ensure we failed. I don't think our owners expected those early contrived CL cup draws that seemed to pair us with top opponents season after season, nor the lengthening of the coefficient qualifying time from 5yrs to 10yrs that drove the rags from way down the rankings to the top echelons of it and drove City from nearthe top to waydown.
I am certain that our owners, having agreed a deal they believed had sorted out the first FFP battle dragged back up, which saw us banned from the CL for 2yrs. A battle that cost City time, money, a loss of global reputation and an issue that was only settled by an appeal to the highest sports' court.

We played no part in the discussions of the old order regarding the setting up and design of the format for the failed Super League, and it was only at the last minute that we were invited, given little or no time to assess its affect on our club, which was forced to make a snap decision to join or not.

Now is not a time to think we are through the gate, so all is well. As we rise, there will be other attacks, our accounts will be consistantly held for forensic scrutiny. and the threat will remain in place.

This new set of rules needs to be properly looked at to see how it might negatively affect us and maybe more importantly how it may positively affect our enemies to allow them to keep pace with us.

That's absolutely spot on John, and was the the reason I asked what's in this new setup which is designed to fuck City over. It may have come over as a bit tongue in cheek, but it was a serious question.
It's certainly not a time for complacency, but I'm sure our owners are painfully aware of this, once bitten twice shy.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:20 pm

patrickblue wrote:
john68 wrote:Whilst I agree that we might be through the current gate they built to slow us down or stop us, the old order still haven't accepted us and see us as an enemy and a threat to their hegemony.

That's absolutely spot on John, and was the the reason I asked what's in this new setup which is designed to fuck City over. It may have come over as a bit tongue in cheek, but it was a serious question.
It's certainly not a time for complacency, but I'm sure our owners are painfully aware of this, once bitten twice shy.

Having taken over Palermo today, we now have the right contacts

john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Dimples » Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:44 pm

patrickblue wrote:

That is true but it does not factor in that the world never stops spinning. For ex, the rise of PSG and the emergence of Newcastle.
The cartel has no loyalty to each other, their relationships are based purely on business, power, profits and greed.
Old alliances will be broken and new ones forged as new situations arise.
Sure, it is still gang rule so we need to be very wary. But we are a powerhouse now, a lot of the gang need support and the existing gang members cannot provide it. We can. Alliances will change.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby john68 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:09 pm

If it were only that simple Dimples.
Times have moved on a long way from those days of the G14.
Then it was 14, then 18 football clubs that were fighting to get power within UEFA in order to increase their influence over the then future of European football.
Within that 18 clubs were a small group of clubs that led the revolution, most of which were dumped when they had served their purpose.
What ensued was a battle between football and money...big money...and money won.

Do not for one moment think that what City are up against are just a few football clubs that are going through a bit of a hard time. They are not alone, they are well supported.
The amount of money floating around football is in the £trillions and that has attracted some major players.
The recently failed superleague was not a few clubs, it was backed by a major global lending bank, it had already got planned media deals worth £billions and the major global sponsors were all waiting for the starting pistol to be fired before they chucked their loose change into the pot. Add to that the links with the mafia gambling markets and you realise that the likes of UEFA are only on the periphary of what we know and love of football.
Such is the power behind this that even though our owners have full knowledge of what they are up against, City had to be on the bus or miss it completely.

The increasing porfolio of American owners in the Prem plus their backers is immense. Add to it their European bedfellows and it become plain thatthe battle for football supremacy no longer takes place on the pitch...but in subversive meetings and deals between some the planet's major financial players.

We have just seen the Chav's owner removed because of his supposed links to Putin. Removed by a Tory Govt whose last two general election funds were heavily reliant on similar Russian oligarchs with simila Putin links. Result....Another Yank owner grabs another majoe English income channel.
john68

Postby CBEM » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:57 am

Any rules made up will benefit the red top clubs and the cartel royalty, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest that they would introduce a wage and transfer cap to help Barcelona and Real Madrid recover from their financial hiccup.
Left hammer+sickle-moon for a much better shade of blue :)
CBEM
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: colin bell

Postby john68 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:36 am

CBEM wrote:Any rules made up will benefit the red top clubs and the cartel royalty, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest that they would introduce a wage and transfer cap to help Barcelona and Real Madrid recover from their financial hiccup.

The wage cap is already on its way. If you look at the details of the new EUFA rules, the percentage of wage spend to income has been lowered significantly.
Again this assists the richer clubs as, despite their current debts, they are the biggest earners, therefore will still be free to spend the most.

Using an income percentage rule means that it will severely inhibit any clubs like Newcastle who have access to huge funds from owners who are willingto invest massively in the team. We managed to get through the fence alongside PSG, but it could very badly affect the likes of Newcastle.

The cap is yet another barrier to any chqallengers to the old order.
john68

Return to The Maine Football forum