oh dear! pl charges

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: oh dear! pl charges

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:46 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Indianablue wrote:Usually follow a guy called Prestwich Blue on these matters, the rest is conjecture, rumour and utter shite but i respect everyone is entitled to comment. Personally i think the deck is stacked and after 4 years we'll get more than a hand slap unless we play hardball

We will get treated very harshly. They will want to send a message to Newcastle to say you might have backing but you're not in our gang, you can't do what you want

Barest minimum is a big fine. Probably also includes a transfer embargo. Can't see relegation but I wouldn't rule out a points deduction, especially if it benefits 2 red shite clubs. Arsenal winning it and rags securing top 4. Might even open the door for a triumphant dipper rally.

Is it true we cant appeal? Surely not. Any basis of trial has that caveat in place. But I suspect we would take any perceived unfair judgment on our part to the highest courts available. Either way this will get messy and could escalate into a very different beast entirely as the Corruption of the PL could be outlined and put out there for the football World to see

We can appeal. It would go to the High Court and not CAS. They’re just pushing the, “this time CAS can’t save them narrative” but saying we can’t appeal to CAS

Cheers for that, mate.
Exactly that is the narrative, I've never read anything about the High Court.

There are appeal and arbitration options open if needed, but apparently the PL rule book explicitly states appeals can't go to CAS. Think that's the PL covering their own arses as they would have no control over CAS, but may be able to inflence stuff in the UK (like appointing an Arse member to head the "independent" panel).
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:56 pm

Was it Pep’s calling out of the ‘Hateful 8’ that has had the cartel clubs force the PL with these charges? All seems very ‘CAS’ to me.

Dead on 100 charges which they then had to retract and rewrite as our lawyers pointed the inaccuracies out. Charges of none cooperation where we are surprised at the charges, citing we fully cooperated. Does it all sound a little familiar?

And then our statement and briefings to Mullock, very much the same as we did when UEFA charged us.

That’s where I’m at, not worried but more pissed off that the cartel have forced this through.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby patrickblue » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:02 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Was it Pep’s calling out of the ‘Hateful 8’ that has had the cartel clubs force the PL with these charges? All seems very ‘CAS’ to me.

That’s where I’m at, not worried but more pissed off that the cartel have forced this through.

I'm of a similar mind, but would say irritated rather than pissed off.

I firmly expect another non event like the EUFA saga.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby patrickblue » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:11 pm

What's very interesting and very encouraging is the statement saying this will give City the opportunity to show that the CAS verdict was not based on a technicality.
That must really rankle with the club, so I wouldn't be all surprised if the non co-operation thing is a case of the club saying put up or shut up.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby zuricity » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:12 pm

So Alison Brittain will become the new Chairperson of the Premier League, taking over from Peter McCormick ( interim Chairman 2022) A lawyer.

Richard Master is current CEO an Aston Villa fan, taking over from Peter Scudamore after he resigned ( probably sick of it's rotten smell).

"On the 29th September 2021, a Competition Appeal Tribunal heard that Masters and the Premier League "Abused its position" after it was "improperly influenced" by outside agencies such as the Qatari owned media outlet, BeIN Sports. " Origin Wikipedia.

Scudamore, oh dear, oh dear - Bristolian.
"Scudamore was accountable for all elements of the League's operations and his core responsibilities included regulatory, legal and political matters, and the sale of broadcasting and central commercial rights. The ultimate decision-making authority of the Premier League remains the 20 member clubs who take all material decisions based on at least a two-thirds majority." Wikipedia.

On 6 July 2021, consortium member Amanda Staveley of PCP Capital Partners said that "fans surely deserve absolute transparency from the regulators across all their processes – to best ensure that they act responsibly. They (the Premier League) are performing a function like that of a government regulator – but without the same systems for accountability." Wikipedia.

Other PL employees need to be named

There are only three clubs in the PL owned purely by English owners.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby john68 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:17 pm

zuricity wrote:This is the end of the PL as a separate Entity in itself . I think , while it may keep it's name, the FA will be forced to take it over again.

Also, i can see the club going after individuals that are part of the PL admin team .

The Premier League are a private company, overseen by the FA at the Prems request, having withdrawn from the Football League.
Similar to EUFA who lost their right to rule after the Royal Charlerois case and now regulate the European club comps by agreeement via a memorandum of understanding, which is renewed by agreement with the European Clubs' Assoc every few years for a limiuted perios.

The only thing we do know; is this investigation was demanded and cosigned by 9 PL clubs at the request of, or under pressure from Liverpool, Arsenal and the rags.
Four years is a long timeand I wonder now that the shite seems to have hit the fanm how many of those clubs are having seconds thoughts too late.
Many clubs have fed off City's wealth. Clubs like Villa and the £100M received for Grealish.

I also wonder how comfortable the Newcastle owners feel as we have seen Chelsea taken down, City attacked again, leaving the Magoies as possibly the next in line
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:07 pm

patrickblue wrote:What's very interesting and very encouraging is the statement saying this will give City the opportunity to show that the CAS verdict was not based on a technicality.
That must really rankle with the club, so I wouldn't be all surprised if the non co-operation thing is a case of the club saying put up or shut up.

Our statement seems to be irritated by the allegations but relaxed about how we would defend ourselves.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Blue Jam » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:11 pm

Arguing with a cockney dipper about this now.
City cheated etc...
Dae I mention the elephant in the room that is murdering?
Blue Jam
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Goater

Postby Nick » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:15 pm

I need to stay away from this but

Got drawn into BM for the first Time in years, had a look on there and there's alleged leaks of manicnis contract with city and Al jazera. And esupposed emails between Gary Cook and manxinis team (interesting his company is registered in Mauritius maybe I should have done this).

Anyone can find these with a Google apparently
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:20 pm

Blue Jam wrote:Arguing with a cockney dipper about this now.
City cheated etc...
Dae I mention the elephant in the room that is murdering?

Innocent until,proved guilty, just mention the Sun and police, should shut them up.

Fire with fire, fuck ‘em.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:24 pm

Just look at this from Ian Herbert, surely the club’s lawyers should be all over this - :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... rbert.html
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:25 pm

Nick wrote:I need to stay away from this but

Got drawn into BM for the first Time in years, had a look on there and there's alleged leaks of manicnis contract with city and Al jazera. And esupposed emails between Gary Cook and manxinis team (interesting his company is registered in Mauritius maybe I should have done this).

Anyone can find these with a Google apparently

It’s been used as a stick to beat for years. Remember, Pep was asked the question of secondary payments just after we’d won the cup, He was livid but this is what the media do to provoke and sell clicks.

You can find whatever ‘truth’ you want if you look for it, finding reality is no longer journalism.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:27 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Just look at this from Ian Herbert, surely the club’s lawyers should be all over this - :

Won’t look at it, wouldn’t give them the time of day.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dimples » Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:56 am

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Just look at this from Ian Herbert, surely the club’s lawyers should be all over this - :

The PL, who blatantly fix matches (primarily for MU and Liverpool) using refs and var, intend to nail City for FFP breaches. FFP itself is a fixed artificial method, to stifle competition to primarily MU and Liverpool. Week after week clubs, Manager's and officials, primarily from MU and Liverpool, celebrate unashamedly, corrupt decisions cheered on by the media, which ignores the corruption. Fernandez/Rashford off side goal being a perfect example.
And this cnut Herbert starts with a headline that includes '...when will City take a long hard look at themselves before they realize how unattractive they have become...'

It is not City who need to look in the mirror....where were you when Fergie started the slide?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Dimples » Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:30 am

Read this:

What happens next?
A commission will now be appointed by the chair of the Premier League’s Judicial Panel, with proceedings to be held in private and confidentially, with only their final decision published.

Is this correct?

The PL bring charges, appoint a commission to investigate their charges, zero transparency on proceedings and they only publish their findings.

An example?

A company owner accuses a worker of theft, the company owner appointments a co-owner to investigate, the co-owner does not have to publish any evidence, just announce the verdict and punishment. Punishments can be very severe.

No wonder the PL are bringing charges. We are done like a kipper.

Our only chance is if we can broaden the field, drag them into a public mud slinging contest, where ultimately the PL lose, even if nominally they win.

That will take time. No top player will touch us until it is resolved. MU and Liverpool will be spending $$$$$s under new owners.

Cannot see how we benefit from any of this. This is a lose lose for us. Better go down screaming. Make sure it is a lose lose for the PL and their 8 bastards as well.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:21 am

6 days ago still banging the Hillsborough drum, the dirty scouse loving cunt.

Life is simple, had their cunts not gone on mass without tickets, that disaster wouldn't have happened.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby MIAMCFC » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:25 am

I don’t listen to talksport, my son does. Jordan has been hinting at this all last week. Gobby Neville after the loss on Sunday. It’s a stitch up. Like Rashfords goal it’s out in the open clear as day Fuck City over by any means. Yank lead $ greed. They want a super league. The geordies better enjoy Wembley as they will be also added to the list. Time to ruin the cunts that have tarnished us for over 10 years.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:32 am

We sold players to rivals thinking this would help us with these accusations and that those teams wouldn’t stick the boot in.

I hope the club have taken note. Don’t deal with Arsenal again.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:38 am

I've read the club statement which is always accurate in these circumstances.
I trust the board on this and its a storm that will pass.
Of course there's a lot of vitriol from rival fans, that's mostly nonsense and to be ignored.
I think the outcome is a points deduction and fine, which will be challenged in the courts.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:39 am

We should tell the prem to stick their league up their arse and we now help form a super league .

I’ll be done with football by then anyway , might as well go down fighting and causing as much shit as we possibly can .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum