ISTANBUL WE ARE COMING

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ISTANBUL WE ARE COMING

Postby Blue Philistine » Tue May 30, 2023 12:32 pm

My old man been fucked over with misbehaving access code this morning. Sounds like there are loads in the same boat, took him nearly 2hrs to get through to support and they said the club are going to have it out with UEFA to get larger allocation to help those unable to get a ticket despite getting a code like my old man. Par for the course really isn't it?!
Blue Philistine
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Witton Albion
My favourite player is: Bernie Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Tue May 30, 2023 12:40 pm

Blue Philistine wrote:My old man been fucked over with misbehaving access code this morning. Sounds like there are loads in the same boat, took him nearly 2hrs to get through to support and they said the club are going to have it out with UEFA to get larger allocation to help those unable to get a ticket despite getting a code like my old man. Par for the course really isn't it?!

That's crap mate, feel sorry for your old man. My experience was great, so when it works it's great but if it doesn't it's a shitshow.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby salford city » Tue May 30, 2023 1:33 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Blue Philistine wrote:My old man been fucked over with misbehaving access code this morning. Sounds like there are loads in the same boat, took him nearly 2hrs to get through to support and they said the club are going to have it out with UEFA to get larger allocation to help those unable to get a ticket despite getting a code like my old man. Par for the course really isn't it?!

That's crap mate, feel sorry for your old man. My experience was great, so when it works it's great but if it doesn't it's a shitshow.

Agree. The issue doing it UEFA's way is the club then gets the shit when it goes wrong. Why we have to get the tickets through the UEFA site is a mystery save for the obvious marketing opportunities. It also holds the ticketing process up for the next batch of fans
For those going, download the UCL app which gets you your travel to the ground via the the shuttle buses
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wonderwall » Tue May 30, 2023 5:53 pm

salford city wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Agree. The issue doing it UEFA's way is the club then gets the shit when it goes wrong. Why we have to get the tickets through the UEFA site is a mystery save for the obvious marketing opportunities. It also holds the ticketing process up for the next batch of fans
For those going, download the UCL app which gets you your travel to the ground via the the shuttle buses

Free public transport travel with a valid ticket on the Saturday.

Download the UCL app here

Android
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... l=US&pli=1

Apple
https://apps.apple.com/app/id1574657671

Tickets won't appear in the app until next week, probably a few days before the final. Make sure you log into the app with the email you used for the ticket purchase
Wonderwall

Postby salford city » Tue May 30, 2023 6:08 pm

Loving this just been in my local and there was anorher kid wearing an inter top. Hiw times change
salford city

Postby MIAMCFC » Tue May 30, 2023 7:22 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
salford city wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Android

Apple

Tickets won't appear in the app until next week, probably a few days before the final. Make sure you log into the app with the email you used for the ticket purchase

Top post mate
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Wed May 31, 2023 6:36 am

Wonderwall wrote:
salford city wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Android

Apple

Cheers WW.
I might add also that Yenikapı, Etkinlik Alanı will be the UEFA village this year. It's near Bosphorus, somewhat in the center of Istanbul.
https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/02 ... l-during-/
There is the UEFA Apps, but I reckon the matchday one works also:
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... l=US&pli=1
Ios: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/champions ... 1024506667

I understand a lot of City legends will be there.
What I couldn't find out is if there will be a City fan corner where you can watch the game live screening in Istanbul?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Wonderwall » Wed May 31, 2023 7:22 am

PeterParker wrote:Cheers WW.
I might add also that Yenikapı, Etkinlik Alanı will be the UEFA village this year. It's near Bosphorus, somewhat in the center of Istanbul.
?

PP are you sure about that? Yenikapi is an hour drive from Bosphorus according to Google maps.

I have booked a hotel 15 mins walk from yenikapi festival park and that's in the south near the harbour. Bosphorus is north?
Wonderwall

Postby Nick » Wed May 31, 2023 9:00 am

Uefa cunts- most blues already booked taksim squares an age ago then they say our fan area / travel will be miles away- joke.

Secondly was haaland in marbella last night ? Or are they old posts on his Instagram? Vert strange if he is/ was.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Mase » Wed May 31, 2023 9:07 am

Nick wrote:Secondly was haaland in marbella last night ? Or are they old posts on his Instagram? Vert strange if he is/ was.

Looks like he was with Sander Berge last night. Not a clue where they both were, but looks like a restaurant.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Wed May 31, 2023 9:35 am

Wonderwall wrote:
?

PP are you sure about that? Yenikapi is an hour drive from Bosphorus according to Google maps.

I have booked a hotel 15 mins walk from yenikapi festival park and that's in the south near the harbour. Bosphorus is north?

You are right, that harbour is actually an opening towards Marmara Sea. I was certain it was Bosphorus.
I am coming from Galata it seems 1 hour walk and 20 minutes by metro. It looks really close to Hagia Sophia, so I think that must be an important landmark for City fans there to know they are in the right place.
From what I can understand from the pics, it looks like the village is an open space, near the water.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed May 31, 2023 11:29 am

Nick wrote:Uefa cunts- most blues already booked taksim squares an age ago then they say our fan area / travel will be miles away- joke.

Secondly was haaland in marbella last night ? Or are they old posts on his Instagram? Vert strange if he is/ was.

and pep accepting his lma award with a video because he's in barcelona...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby salford city » Wed May 31, 2023 12:06 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
?

You are right, that harbour is actually an opening towards Marmara Sea. I was certain it was Bosphorus.
I am coming from Galata it seems 1 hour walk and 20 minutes by metro. It looks really close to Hagia Sophia, so I think that must be an important landmark for City fans there to know they are in the right place.
From what I can understand from the pics, it looks like the village is an open space, near the water.

@PP, According to the UCL app, City fans are expected to take the shuttle buses - the metro is allocated to Inter so make of that what you will.
We are all based in and around Taksim square so have no plans to be rocking up to any fan area to be treated like mugs all afternoon
salford city

Postby Wonderwall » Wed May 31, 2023 12:09 pm

Nick wrote:Uefa cunts- most blues already booked taksim squares an age ago then they say our fan area / travel will be miles away- joke.

Problem is both inter and city fans will have took a punt and booked Taksim square as that is a great nightlife spot. Inter got the luck of the draw, that's just the way it is..I am sure the Yenikapi festival park will be just as good.

Taksim square is not a place to be after a belly full of ale and swarming with Inter Ultras that's for sure.
Wonderwall

Postby salford city » Wed May 31, 2023 12:22 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

Problem is both inter and city fans will have took a punt and booked Taksim square as that is a great nightlife spot. Inter got the luck of the draw, that's just the way it is..I am sure the Yenikapi festival park will be just as good.

Taksim square is not a place to be after a belly full of ale and swarming with Inter Ultras that's for sure.

inter ultras? Bunch of snide shithouses. Much like Napoli were in Naples. We will have to be careful and stick together but a pile of city in the numbers that we will be there with will be ok in my opinion
salford city

Postby PeterParker » Wed May 31, 2023 1:04 pm

salford city wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
?

@PP, According to the UCL app, City fans are expected to take the shuttle buses - the metro is allocated to Inter so make of that what you will.
We are all based in and around Taksim square so have no plans to be rocking up to any fan area to be treated like mugs all afternoon

Cheers, mate.
Couldn't find anything about where the fans would stay.
What I might add to what WW said about the Inter ultras, I expect also the turks, but I reckon the security will be really good.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Scatman » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:15 pm

I believe it's open to ST holders not on the cup scheme now. Anyone had any luck?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Blue Philistine » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:02 pm

Scatman wrote:I believe it's open to ST holders not on the cup scheme now. Anyone had any luck?

Only tickets left are Cat 2 (€490) and Cat 1 restricted view (€550).

My old man finally got an Access Code that works today and complained to the club that he can only get these expensive tickets because he's missed his ST slot through no fault of his own... Club just said tough titties, take what you can get.
Blue Philistine
Robinho's Step Over

Postby salford city » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:06 pm

Blue Philistine wrote:
Scatman wrote:I believe it's open to ST holders not on the cup scheme now. Anyone had any luck?

My old man finally got an Access Code that works today and complained to the club that he can only get these expensive tickets because he's missed his ST slot through no fault of his own... Club just said tough titties, take what you can get.

Feel for him mate that's shite
salford city

Postby Blue Philistine » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:36 pm

salford city wrote:
Blue Philistine wrote:

Feel for him mate that's shite

Nah, it's all good. We've sorted him a ticket off another mate of his that can't make it either so I'm going with him! He was gonna give his to my ST mate that's been abroad this year and typically we get to a final when he didn't renew! Imagine he was unable to get his backup though, Cup Scheme all year and fucked over at the last post. Istanbul is gonna be a nightmare logistically, but I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of it win or lose. Last final I saw us lose in a game i was at was vs Wigan so fingers crossed!
Blue Philistine
Robinho's Step Over

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum