Chumps League build up thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Chumps League build up thread

Postby dazby » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:05 pm

Come on lads, be amazing!!!
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby salford city » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:33 am

See you all there boys and girls leaving for the airport shortltly. Come on City, all over them
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:29 am

salford city wrote:See you all there boys and girls leaving for the airport shortltly. Come on City, all over them

Give us a wave on the telly.

Enjoy yourself. Same for all of you going. Stay safe lads and bring us a trophy back
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Paul68 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:03 am

Safe trip for all blues going over - lucky buggers - I'm working tomorrow so I'll head to Southsea and watch in a pub with my daughter
I'm comfortably numb at the moment - reckon we will win this but the nerves will kick in once I'm actually on the way to the pub
hopefully there won't be too many pompey boys in there!
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby Mase » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:03 am

I’m scared
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:59 am

going to be a very long 36 hours! struggling to focus on work this morning - even more than usual i should add...
as much as i'd love to be over there, i do feel for all those travelling who are going to have to wait until 10pm for kick off... going to be quite a few who get on the pop early and find themselves completely banjaxed by the time the game gets going!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:11 am

One more sleep. Been relatively calm all week basking in the glory of beating the rags. Now completely bricking it. 2 days solid I've had the "follow you everywhere" song going through my head though and I'm comfortable with the nervousness. Come on city, just one more sleep then go cement our legacy.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Bear60 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:38 am

Everyone going Stay safe . I was going to go with my lad but circumstances stopped it .Enjoy all and Cmon City.
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:38 am

Was genuinely more worried about the cup final last week. The thought of losing to the rags and them forever crowing about how they protected their treble legacy was awful.

That turned out alright

And I see no reason why we shouldn't be lifting another pot tomorrow. Inter are a good side, they wouldn't have got to the final if they weren't, but we are better. In fact it is widely accepted across the board we are the best side in the world right now.

Of course, in a final in a one off game, anything can happen. But if we play anywhere near our best we are coming home as champions
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby gmercer1 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:25 am

We will win 3-1
But still shitting bricks
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Indianablue » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:05 am

nottsblue wrote:Was genuinely more worried about the cup final last week. The thought of losing to the rags and them forever crowing about how they protected their treble legacy was awful.

That turned out alright

And I see no reason why we shouldn't be lifting another pot tomorrow. Inter are a good side, they wouldn't have got to the final if they weren't, but we are better. In fact it is widely accepted across the board we are the best side in the world right now.

Of course, in a final in a one off game, anything can happen. But if we play anywhere near our best we are coming home as champions

100% agree Notts. More relaxed about this game but i'm starting to feel one or two butterflies stirring. Build up on social media from blues fans is getting crazy
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Mase » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:07 am

Indianablue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Was genuinely more worried about the cup final last week. The thought of losing to the rags and them forever crowing about how they protected their treble legacy was awful.

That turned out alright

100% agree Notts. More relaxed about this game but i'm starting to feel one or two butterflies stirring. Build up on social media from blues fans is getting crazy

Heard a City fan on the radio this morning, “THIS IS THE PROPER TREBLE! WE WERE CHAMPIONS WHEN WE ENTERED THIS COMPETITION” I really wish fans would wait until after the match to say this shit.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:08 am

Bear60 wrote:Everyone going Stay safe . I was going to go with my lad but circumstances stopped it .Enjoy all and Cmon City.

Looking forward to your post at about 1am that night!!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby sheblue » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:31 am

Mase wrote:I’m scared

I suppose it's easy to see a fair bit to be scared about.

We often have difficulty against teams that play like these. And there's s lot more pressure on us to win it. The trebble and pep needing to win it etc. Pressure does strange things to teams, ask Arsenal. Then there's Peps thinking :? How good will the officials be?
There's a lot in the mix to be worried about.

It will not be easy, a slog, but if the correct team is picked and we turn up we will do it.
1-0 or 2-1 city, can't see a lot more.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Bear60 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:39 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Bear60 wrote:Everyone going Stay safe . I was going to go with my lad but circumstances stopped it .Enjoy all and Cmon City.

Looking forward to your post at about 1am that night!!

Haha my mate is meeting me at midday so we would have had a few by the time kick off comes round.
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby patrickblue » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:55 pm

That turned out alright

Not taking anything away from Inter, but the draw was very kind to them, with Napoli being their biggest test, whereas we've handsomely beaten two favourites to get here.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Paul68 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:59 pm

patrickblue wrote:

That turned out alright

Not taking anything away from Inter, but the draw was very kind to them, with Napoli being their biggest test, whereas we've handsomely beaten two favourites to get here.

Keep these facts going guys - cos I'm starting to get very nervous now....
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:30 pm

patrickblue wrote:

That turned out alright

They didn't even play Napoli, that was AC. They finished second in their group and somehow haven't played anybody you would argue were classed as superior to them. They've still had to beat whatever they've faced so they're here on merit but they've had nobody near the quality of Munich and Real.

We are their first real test.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby patrickblue » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:53 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

That turned out alright

They didn't even play Napoli, that was AC. They finished second in their group and somehow haven't played anybody you would argue were classed as superior to them. They've still had to beat whatever they've faced so they're here on merit but they've had nobody near the quality of Munich and Real.

We are their first real test.

You're right, it was AC. So second in their group, then Porto, Benfica and AC. As I said, taking nothing away from Inter, but as you say, they've not faced any of the top sides, whereas we comprehensively destroyed two of the favourites.
That said, it's another 90 minutes on Saturday, so it's up to City to do the same again.

We are indeed their first real test.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby dazby » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:04 pm

For those that are worried, I agree with you. This side sounds like our kryptonite.

I just hope we can crack them early.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum