Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:40 am

Scatman wrote:
Mase wrote:Apparently his former club has a 10-15% sell on as well, so Brighton getting less than £55m in their pocket. Absolutely stinks this, what the fuck is going on?!

I read his contract was running out before the world cup. They knew that if he had a good one he would be in demand and could leave for nothing so they offered him a new contract with what you'd call a modest release clause so they weren't left empty handed.

Thats what I have read and seems logical to me. Surprised rags didnt sign him for that amount.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby stupot » Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:57 am

Dubciteh wrote:
Scatman wrote:
Mase wrote:Apparently his former club has a 10-15% sell on as well, so Brighton getting less than £55m in their pocket. Absolutely stinks this, what the fuck is going on?!

I read his contract was running out before the world cup. They knew that if he had a good one he would be in demand and could leave for nothing so they offered him a new contract with what you'd call a modest release clause so they weren't left empty handed.

Thats what I have read and seems logical to me. Surprised rags didnt sign him for that amount.

We signed Erling ridiculously cheap as the release clause was 51mil
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:33 am

Alexis Mac Allister 'will cost Liverpool just £35m due to clause in his contract', report claims - with deal for Brighton's midfield star imminent - Daily Mail

I’m not having for one minute there’s no other clubs interested in him at £35m!!! What is going on?! It stink of piss.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby salford city » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:54 am

Mase wrote:Alexis Mac Allister 'will cost Liverpool just £35m due to clause in his contract', report claims - with deal for Brighton's midfield star imminent - Daily Mail

I’m not having for one minute there’s no other clubs interested in him at £35m!!! What is going on?! It stink of piss.

I think more needs to be made of this US cartel transfer policy. This is a great example where a talent has been made available to a top tier cartel member at an advantageous price - presumably being agreed without inviting us to the process. Be interesting to see if we suddenly bid £60M. Of course no-one has mentioned jimmy jaw going the other way
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:42 pm

Messi supposedly going to Inter Miami after leaving PSG

Genuinely shocked at this
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:26 pm

Laporte linked with villa. Id rather be 6th choice for us than do a move like that
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Mase » Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:42 pm

Dubciteh wrote:Laporte linked with villa. Id rather be 6th choice for us than do a move like that

£100m to them.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:22 pm

Mase wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:Laporte linked with villa. Id rather be 6th choice for us than do a move like that

£100m to them.

:lol: :lol:
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby sheblue » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:14 pm

Mase wrote:

£100m to them.

Absolutely.
Laporte is far too good for them. What a step down that would be.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:05 am

Assuming Bernardo & Gundo stay but Laporte & Cancelo are off - with a chance they may be joined by Phillips, Gomez and even Mahrez - we need top level replacements. Palmer, Lewis & Perrone etc are not ready for our level and ideally all of them need a loan spell to prove their potential with regular Championship or PL minutes. Gvardiol & Kovacic seem the only likely incomings currently but in the above scenario central midfield would not be our priority surely, especially given Foden's likely development in that area? Uneasy. :(
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:46 am

johnny crossan wrote:Assuming Bernardo & Gundo stay but Laporte & Cancelo are off - with a chance they may be joined by Phillips, Gomez and even Mahrez - we need top level replacements. Palmer, Lewis & Perrone etc are not ready for our level and ideally all of them need a loan spell to prove their potential with regular Championship or PL minutes. Gvardiol & Kovacic seem the only likely incomings currently but in the above scenario central midfield would not be our priority surely, especially given Foden's likely development in that area? Uneasy. :(

I’d like to see McAtee given the same opportunity that Palmer has been gifted this season (most would say without justification).
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:20 am

Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Assuming Bernardo & Gundo stay but Laporte & Cancelo are off - with a chance they may be joined by Phillips, Gomez and even Mahrez - we need top level replacements. Palmer, Lewis & Perrone etc are not ready for our level and ideally all of them need a loan spell to prove their potential with regular Championship or PL minutes. Gvardiol & Kovacic seem the only likely incomings currently but in the above scenario central midfield would not be our priority surely, especially given Foden's likely development in that area? Uneasy. :(

I’d like to see McAtee given the same opportunity that Palmer has been gifted this season (most would say without justification).

Be interested to see what happens with McAtee. From the glimpses of him that I've seen, he looks a better player than Palmer who seems to be lacking an end product. Palmer also makes no secret of telling all who will listen that he is off to the swamp the first time they come calling....
salford city

Postby salford city » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:52 am

Looking at Sullivan's comments on Rice, he is now expecting the offers to come in. Be surprised if we were to let him go to a rival unless we look to replace gundo with him?
salford city

Postby Mase » Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:13 pm

Liverpool have completed a £35m deal to sign midfielder Alexis Mac Allister from Brighton on a five-year contract.

Fuckin stinks that! Absolute bollocks!! Most dodgy deal since Bebe signed for the rags.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:39 pm

Mase wrote:Liverpool have completed a £35m deal to sign midfielder Alexis Mac Allister from Brighton on a five-year contract.

Fuckin stinks that! Absolute bollocks!! Most dodgy deal since Bebe signed for the rags.

This
A World Cup Winner on the back of a great season £35mill not avin it . But the bullshit will be swept under the murderers carpet as usual , And what about the yoonited knob with the 97 shirt ID found in days and charged ! Not one arrest from the bus attack in 3 yrs !! Joke
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mase » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:23 pm

carolina-blue wrote:
Mase wrote:Liverpool have completed a £35m deal to sign midfielder Alexis Mac Allister from Brighton on a five-year contract.

This
A World Cup Winner on the back of a great season £35mill not avin it . But the bullshit will be swept under the murderers carpet as usual , And what about the yoonited knob with the 97 shirt ID found in days and charged ! Not one arrest from the bus attack in 3 yrs !! Joke

I can see people saying that he had a release clause but 1. Why would their owner or chairman put the clause so low? And 2. Why were Liverpool the only team interested
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:57 pm

Did McAllister agree to an extension before the World Cup on condition the reserve price was set at a low figure?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby blues2win » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:08 pm

https://twitter.com/thevvdrole/status/1 ... 9Awxy5lqVQ

Don’t know whether this is a real quote but he can fuck right off of it is.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:32 pm

blues2win wrote:https://twitter.com/thevvdrole/status/1666764095851479045?s=61&t=6ifllXVJePmO9Awxy5lqVQ

Don’t know whether this is a real quote but he can fuck right off of it is.

Not a chance he's quoted that

And there are £20M of add ons as well.

It does seem cheap but I understand if he hadn't have signed the extension to hus contract he'd be free this summer. So Brighton were over a barrell really. Take the low release clause and get up to £55m with a guaranteed £35m or let him go for nothing.

Seems to be a no brainer on the outside
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:35 pm

Why no other team interested in a young WC winner at £35m…..?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum