***Treble Winners v Madrid Official Match Thread*** 2nd Leg

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Treble Winners v Madrid Official Match Thread*** 2nd

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:05 pm

At least Bernardo's penalty has erased Aguero's panenka against Chelsea from the memory.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Original Dub » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:05 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:
Original Dub wrote:It's perfectly normal to be pissed off we lost on penalties.

It's not haaland's fault. It's not alvarez either. It was the toss of a coin and we're talking double treble stuff.

These players aren't shite. Give your head a fucking wobble ffs

This.

We've given the kings of Europe a footballing lesson. They've beaten us on a coin toss. And we did it all while clearly not in top gear. We've been the best team in Europe this year easily, we just didn't get the rub of the green tonight.

Pissed off that we didn't take our chances. Kevin blazing over a sitter, Foden with the wrong boots on all night. A few occasions when we chose the wrong option. Real didn't knock us out, but we didn't go out through complacency either. We battered them, like we've battered every other team we've played in Europe these past 2 years.

We need a couple of big midfield signings this summer to bring back some fizz into the team. Signing haaland had us bouncing into the season. We didn't strengthen as we should have in the summer though and that's the only complacency we've displayed. Reminded me of when we won the league the first time then spent the summer signing shit like Scott Sinclair.

Careful now, it's haaland and baldy's fault we're this shit.
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby blues2win » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:10 pm

I suspect Rodri was due to take the fifth one. Most pressure on it.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby gmercer1 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:11 pm

Think there was only one player on the pitch tonight listening to TNT….the lovely Jude Bellingham.
Am I missing something? Did he do much over the 2 legs apart from dive and feign injury?
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:13 pm

Original Dub wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:

It's not haaland's fault. It's not alvarez either. It was the toss of a coin and we're talking double treble stuff.

This.

We've given the kings of Europe a footballing lesson. They've beaten us on a coin toss. And we did it all while clearly not in top gear. We've been the best team in Europe this year easily, we just didn't get the rub of the green tonight.

Pissed off that we didn't take our chances. Kevin blazing over a sitter, Foden with the wrong boots on all night. A few occasions when we chose the wrong option. Real didn't knock us out, but we didn't go out through complacency either. We battered them, like we've battered every other team we've played in Europe these past 2 years.

We need a couple of big midfield signings this summer to bring back some fizz into the team. Signing haaland had us bouncing into the season. We didn't strengthen as we should have in the summer though and that's the only complacency we've displayed. Reminded me of when we won the league the first time then spent the summer signing shit like Scott Sinclair.

Yep - both were useless tonight .

Haaland can’t score lately and pep decisions were pathetic .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:13 pm

blues2win wrote:I suspect Rodri was due to take the fifth one. Most pressure on it.

It doesn't matter

Bernado blew it in a big way , what was he thinking ? Absolutely awful kick. From a pro.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Original Dub » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:13 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:

This.

Yep - both were useless tonight .

Haaland can’t score lately and pep decisions were pathetic .

Take a lie down mate.

We all deal with loss differently.
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby dave watson's perm » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:14 pm

Penalty shoot outs are lotteries. We lost the match with our inability to put away enough of our 118 shots or score from maybe one of our 72 corners. Not looking forward to the weekend.
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby gmercer1 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:15 pm

Bring back away goals that’s what I say
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby ayrshireblue » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:17 pm

blues2win wrote:I suspect Rodri was due to take the fifth one. Most pressure on it.

We took five. Bernie and Kovacic missed, Alvarez, Foden and Ederson scored.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Indianablue » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:17 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:

This.

We had more possession . more corners, more shots but they never really looked like folding. Our pressure amounted to one tenth of fuckall. The only lesson given out there tonight was that any team that defends deep and has forwards with pace , stands a bloody good chance of beating us.
Secondly any decent centre half can put Haaland in his pocket if his supply is slow or static. Real Madrid and their cheating english cunt won't give a fucking shit that we had most possession or corners . They are in the semis and we are out . Didn't see it any other way beforehand but i was confident going inro extra time. Thought Haaland sub was necessary but i would have left KDB on unless he was fucked / Feel sorry for Silva but he deserves pelters for that penalty. Piss poor he had to wait for the ball. Ultimately i 'm just glad i got to see what an absolute cheating cunt Bellingham is.
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Nick » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:20 pm

Indianablue wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:

This.

We had more possession . more corners, more shots but they never really looked like folding. Our pressure amounted to one tenth of fuckall. The only lesson given out there tonight was that any team that defends deep and has forwards with pace , stands a bloody good chance of beating us.
Secondly any decent centre half can put Haaland in his pocket if his supply is slow or static. Real Madrid and their cheating english cunt won't give a fucking shit that we had most possession or corners . They are in the semis and we are out . Didn't see it any other way beforehand but i was confident going inro extra time. Thought Haaland sub was necessary but i would have left KDB on unless he was fucked / Feel sorry for Silva but he deserves pelters for that penalty. Piss poor he had to wait for the ball. Ultimately i 'm just glad i got to see what an absolute cheating cunt Bellingham is.

Agree. Rather be shit and through

Whoever kept the ball will have been a tourist. Tourists cunts costing us

And yes pep fucked it (again)

And haaland has done fuck all AGAIN.

Cole palmer has as many goals as him in a bum team.

Berns comments about how they owed us last year just echos again. They aren't as hungry. Which is bizarre as it may be the last time for kev walker bern
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:20 pm

gmercer1 wrote:Think there was only one player on the pitch tonight listening to TNT….the lovely Jude Bellingham.
Am I missing something? Did he do much over the 2 legs apart from dive and feign injury?

Yes, yes he did, he spent both games trying to get our player's sent off...... whoever started the thread about him coming needs to delete it.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Original Dub » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:22 pm

It's a really strange feeling getting knocked out of a top competition.

Isn't that crazy to say.

It's been ages :lol:
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby blues2win » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:23 pm

Yes I miscounted. Rodri should have taken one. Not sure it was obviously wrong to choose Bernie but he walked up with zero confidence.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Sparklehorse » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:24 pm

I have this awful feeling that we’ll be winning nothing this season, Chelsea will definitely turn us over at the weekend, I’ve got a £100 bet on it with my brother and I just think we’ll run out of steam in the league. In all honest we have not been good for quite a while now. When we’re signing players of the quality of Nunes for £50m+ you just know there is something wrong. We played well tonight in all fairness but the two late chance misses were a symptom of the season as a whole. I will happily give my brother a ton to get to the final. Hard lines boys onwards we go.
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All of them

Postby patrickblue » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:25 pm

Original Dub wrote:Bernardo's peno is possibly the worst on target penalty I've ever seen

On a par with Sergio's panenka.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Indianablue » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:26 pm

Nick wrote:
Indianablue wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:

This.

Agree. Rather be shit and through

Whoever kept the ball will have been a tourist. Tourists cunts costing us

And yes pep fucked it (again)

And haaland has done fuck all AGAIN.

Cole palmer has as many goals as him in a bum team.

Berns comments about how they owed us last year just echos again. They aren't as hungry. Which is bizarre as it may be the last time for kev walker bern

Ultimately only Bernie will be gutted. Kev will think he has done and got enough silverware and Walker is too fucking busty fucking anyone with a pulse to notice
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Indianablue » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:28 pm

Until the weekend lads when Cole Palmer nightmare scenario may appear . Good night , god bless, sweet dreams

BELLINGHAM YOU ARE A FUCKING CUNT THAT I WILL NEVER CHEER IN AN ENGLAND SHIRT
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Original Dub » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:28 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Bernardo's peno is possibly the worst on target penalty I've ever seen

On a par with Sergio's panenka.

Yeah but that's the risk with a panenka. It's either beautiful or shite.

That was like a pass to your team mate who's waiting to take a throw in ffs.

Absolute head scratcher.

Make sure Bern's on the pitch on Saturday. He's going to be one angry bastard
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum