***Treble Winners v Madrid Official Match Thread*** 2nd Leg

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Treble Winners v Madrid Official Match Thread*** 2nd

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:47 am

called it after about 15 mins - lady luck wasn’t on our side last night. their goal was lucky and we had 2 or 3 similar situations where the ball didn’t bounce our way. kdb should also have scored towards the end. heads can be held high as madrid, with all their attacking talent, were reduced to playing like fucking stoke. embarrassing.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:57 am

Whoever held onto that ball last night , I hope he got a slap !!

Fucking muppet.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:29 am

Josko last three games has been a positive.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby salford city » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:32 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Whoever held onto that ball last night , I hope he got a slap !!

Fucking muppet.

Agreed but no fucking excuse for that shocking penalty. Put that in the bottom corner and that's 2nil and we win. Fucking still livid that he did that no need at all
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby PeterParker » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:40 am

I love Jackie, but I think he was the end of the line for us in many situations last night. When Doku came, things started happening. Chaos, but happened. Jackie usually stops with the ball at his feet and we lose momentum. Not saying he isn't a good player, I think just we are wasting him as a winger.

I don't understand why he doesn't try to use Grealish in Gundo's job. He would do a wonderful job there, he is similar to Mr Whippy, holds the ball.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby salford city » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:56 am

PeterParker wrote:I love Jackie, but I think he was the end of the line for us in many situations last night. When Doku came, things started happening. Chaos, but happened. Jackie usually stops with the ball at his feet and we lose momentum. Not saying he isn't a good player, I think just we are wasting him as a winger.

I don't understand why he doesn't try to use Grealish in Gundo's job. He would do a wonderful job there, he is similar to Mr Whippy, holds the ball.

Its going to be a masive summer window and potentially another in January due to the upcoming euros. We are unbalanced and too many players are being asked to play in roles that don't suit them or the team. Kdb over Foden is killing us. Grealish on the wing doesn't get the best out of him. Alvarez not up top on his own or playing off Haaland. Akanji playing as a play-maker because we cannot get Stones on the pitch long enough. Guarantee that Stones goes to the euros, plays every game and misses the start of next season and if that is the case then he needs to go.Rico and Bobb not getting enough game time when they are better options I get we won the lot last year which was beyond everyone's wildest dreams and something that we will never forget so everything this season is an anti- climax. Lets crack on again and get a double over the line winning four on the spin which will partly make up for missing back to back chumps leagues
salford city

Postby nottsblue » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:10 am

salford city wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Whoever held onto that ball last night , I hope he got a slap !!

Fucking muppet.

Agreed but no fucking excuse for that shocking penalty. Put that in the bottom corner and that's 2nil and we win. Fucking still livid that he did that no need at all

We use the multi ball system in regular play. Is there a reason it can’t be used in a penalty shootout?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nick » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:55 am

Love you mase.

Not having haaland asked to come off at all.

Foden wide is the biggest reason we lost it imo and was seen by the world before KO. That's on Mr over thinker. Would like someone to ask him why. Even to accommodate kev he can Still play there with bern wide (Where he's terrorised Madrid every time)
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby salford city » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:55 am

nottsblue wrote:
salford city wrote:

Fucking muppet.

We use the multi ball system in regular play. Is there a reason it can’t be used in a penalty shootout?

No idea but we are clutching at straws if we are saying that's why he missed. Yes there was a delay that added to the pressure but bernie fucked up unfortunate but that's where we are.
salford city

Postby Nick » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:58 am

salford city wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
salford city wrote:

Fucking muppet.

No idea but we are clutching at straws if we are saying that's why he missed. Yes there was a delay that added to the pressure but bernie fucked up unfortunate but that's where we are.

We are hurting so so many split seconds to analyse but that cunt (tourist, any pics?) Had him changing his mind
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Bear60 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:02 am

Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby branny » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:02 am

PeterParker wrote:I love Jackie, but I think he was the end of the line for us in many situations last night. When Doku came, things started happening. Chaos, but happened. Jackie usually stops with the ball at his feet and we lose momentum. Not saying he isn't a good player, I think just we are wasting him as a winger.

It's still a learning curve for Doku. I think we need to utilise his pace more than we do as it's a bigger asset than his dribbling ability but we rarely use it. It's nearly always ball into his feet when he's standing still and then by the time he decides to get going he does a "Sterling" and tries to dribble through four players and loses the ball. I'd like to see us mix it up with a ball inside the full back. I think we did it once last night . It's a no brainer that he'll be harder to stop if he's already in motion.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby PeterParker » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:13 am

branny wrote:

It's still a learning curve for Doku. I think we need to utilise his pace more than we do as it's a bigger asset than his dribbling ability but we rarely use it. It's nearly always ball into his feet when he's standing still and then by the time he decides to get going he does a "Sterling" and tries to dribble through four players and loses the ball. I'd like to see us mix it up with a ball inside the full back. I think we did it once last night . It's a no brainer that he'll be harder to stop if he's already in motion.

I think we need another winger there and finally move Grealish. Jackie is no winger, but he can dictate the tempo like Gundo did. He did it at Villa, that is why we brought him in. I don't understand why Pep is not trying that.
I've never seen him play on his natural position since he joined us.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Nick » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:16 am

Bear60 wrote:https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mancity-fans-bernardo-silva-penalty-32613282?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0BMQABHRM_JZfJSEfoeUvM8ZTr_R1SxjIBjeesXHy5M-SenwV0AT0TQF4cJzwzww_aem_AcSEsp2v266MLsYHLkSBcG6eJVE8cJQlnIkq_MIlicAzrhwCVPKMrG9KsNXMhRjhGzs

No city fan would have done that
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:20 am

Nick wrote:Love you mase.

Not having haaland asked to come off at all.

Foden wide is the biggest reason we lost it imo and was seen by the world before KO. That's on Mr over thinker. Would like someone to ask him why. Even to accommodate kev he can Still play there with bern wide (Where he's terrorised Madrid every time)

“Erling and Kevin asked me to go out, like Manu, they could not continue,” Guardiola said after the game.

As for Foden being fucked over to accommodate KDB.....another monumental fucking stupid decision....Foden terrorized RM last game out and that's what PeP decides to do in this game.

Fucking unreal !! ( but not surprising )
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby ayrshireblue » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:48 am

Was it just me or did the ref get in the way of several City attacks, standing between two players and b locking the pass? Seen this a few times this season, as refs are starting to ref at such a young age most have never played the game and don't understand the movements of players. I know they work opposite quarters of the pitch from where the linesmen are but on our attacking left hand side the ref definitely got in the way of passes.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby s1ty m » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:09 pm

Mase wrote:
s1ty m wrote:Foden not starting centrally was as bad a mistake as not playing Stones. I am baffled by both. KDB slots home a relatively simple chance late on, and this is a different thread, it was that close. That said, for all our possession, we did not really create a hatful of chances, and our big fella up top was, frankly, pathetic. drained legs for Saturday is ominous, but it is what it is. We may well be looking at relying on massive tarts likes Nunes, the new Graham Baker, and the worst waste of £50m I can think of, so we could easily be up shit creek.

Referring to Nunes as a tart has cheered me up. Thanks for that :lol:

Lol. Do you remember Graham Baker? The greatest hider on a football pitch I've seen, until Nunes. Whoever scouted him needs sacking. Whoever decided he was worth 50m needs counselling. If he plays on Saturday, hich he prpbably will, I will be so disappointed, especially for the travelling fans.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:17 pm

s1ty m wrote:
Mase wrote:
s1ty m wrote:Foden not starting centrally was as bad a mistake as not playing Stones. I am baffled by both. KDB slots home a relatively simple chance late on, and this is a different thread, it was that close. That said, for all our possession, we did not really create a hatful of chances, and our big fella up top was, frankly, pathetic. drained legs for Saturday is ominous, but it is what it is. We may well be looking at relying on massive tarts likes Nunes, the new Graham Baker, and the worst waste of £50m I can think of, so we could easily be up shit creek.

Referring to Nunes as a tart has cheered me up. Thanks for that :lol:

Lol. Do you remember Graham Baker? The greatest hider on a football pitch I've seen, until Nunes. Whoever scouted him needs sacking. Whoever decided he was worth 50m needs counselling. If he plays on Saturday, hich he prpbably will, I will be so disappointed, especially for the travelling fans.

I remember Nigel Clough, so I can only imagine!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby MIAMCFC » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:19 pm

Just seen the stats fuck me. When it’s your night !!!
Last edited by MIAMCFC on Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:28 pm

Because Pep just doesn't see it or he is too stubborn to change.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum