TOGETHER: TREBLE WINNERS

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: TOGETHER: TREBLE WINNERS

Postby john@staustell » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:33 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:What comes across very clearly is how important the Mahrez contribution was to the treble…..very strange how he left without any fanfare !

Him gundo and even laporte left to be replaced by inferior replacements. The dropdown from mahrez and gundo to nunes and doku is like going from a porsche to kia.

Ah memories.

Actually sometimes Mahrez was so off it he was subbed off.

Other times he scored brilliant winners and won matches.

Not too dissimilar to Doku really, who is still a "rough diamond ", to quote our lowest scoring manager

Quite hard to compare Nunes to Gundo I would concede :D
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:10 pm

Do we allow haaland to come back into the side and upset the way we have been playing ?

I’m serious , I think he should not just walk into the team as we are playing some great stuff .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby salford city » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:00 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Do we allow haaland to come back into the side and upset the way we have been playing ?

I’m serious , I think he should not just walk into the team as we are playing some great stuff .

No player should walk back into the side after a performance like that. It helped that Brighton kept playing football but our press was bang at it last night. Shout outs to Kev, bernie, phil and julian. That was us pre Haaland and we looked right on it. Does the same work against Forest? I would say stick with that same starting 11 and we have options to change it up when there's more room and theyre tired
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:03 pm

salford city wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Do we allow haaland to come back into the side and upset the way we have been playing ?

No player should walk back into the side after a performance like that. It helped that Brighton kept playing football but our press was bang at it last night. Shout outs to Kev, bernie, phil and julian. That was us pre Haaland and we looked right on it. Does the same work against Forest? I would say stick with that same starting 11 and we have options to change it up when there's more room and theyre tired

With other clubs setting up to stop Haaland, if we revert back to pre him, then yes I'd agree for the remaining games start him on the bench and play like we did against Brighton, he can have some cameo roles as you say.

See out the season and then whilst everyone else goes off to the Euros, Haaland should take himself off to his summer home in Marbella and go and train at the MFA and get his head straight for next season.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum