***Spurs v Treble Winners Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Spurs v Treble Winners Official Match Thread***

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 15, 2024 8:10 am

dave watson's perm wrote:
Mase wrote:

They showed it on NBC

And on Sky afterwards. To be honest it was a 50/50 challenge that I'd expect a forward to go for and a brave goalie to do likewise. And as Ed is made of girders he went all in and got clattered for his trouble. But a yellow was right. I'd be upset if my player was sent off for it

Big Ed will be back on Sunday and Ortega will have gained great confidence to go into the cup final so alls well that ends well
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby blues2win » Wed May 15, 2024 8:18 am

There are protocols for head injuries. Ortega may play on Sunday and will certainly play in Cup Final.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mase » Wed May 15, 2024 8:22 am

blues2win wrote:There are protocols for head injuries. Ortega may play on Sunday and will certainly play in Cup Final.

It used to be six days before they were allowed to play, not sure if that’s changed now.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 15, 2024 8:25 am

Mase wrote:
blues2win wrote:There are protocols for head injuries. Ortega may play on Sunday and will certainly play in Cup Final.

It used to be six days before they were allowed to play, not sure if that’s changed now.

Ed had an eye injury apparently and notch concussion

He can play Sunday if fit to do so
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Wed May 15, 2024 8:30 am

He got whacked in the head. I’ll be a bit surprised if he starts to be honest.
blues2win

Postby Indianablue » Wed May 15, 2024 8:30 am

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

They showed it on NBC

And on Sky afterwards. To be honest it was a 50/50 challenge that I'd expect a forward to go for and a brave goalie to do likewise. And as Ed is made of girders he went all in and got clattered for his trouble. But a yellow was right. I'd be upset if my player was sent off for it

Big Ed will be back on Sunday and Ortega will have gained great confidence to go into the cup final so alls well that ends well

On the clips that have been shown on youtube, whilst a player has every right to challenge for a ball, fact is he arrived later than Ed and took him off at the head. Might not have been intentional but it turned out to be dangerous. In my opinion it should have been a red. The ref let a lot go last night, you could argue he was trying to let the game flow but their bookings were for otright fouls, ours were for stupid silly things - if my memory serves me correct. Studs down the back of KDBs ankle took him out of the game, Dokus penalty, should that not have been a second yellow and therefore Red?
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Indianablue » Wed May 15, 2024 8:30 am

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

They showed it on NBC

Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Indianablue » Wed May 15, 2024 8:35 am

s1ty m wrote:I'm done with people bigging up Akanji. Sure, does well for a time, but he basically nearly fucked up the Istanbul game, and tonight as well. Looks like he's on roller skates. Got away with it, again. He's a disaster waiting to happen. Lucky man.

For his mistake against Son, why didn't he turn away to his right? Surely he knew which side Son was coming from? Turned into him and was easily robbed. From our keeper to the middle of our half we love to fuck about passing it around even when being heavily pressed. Eddy is the worst now, never takes a long goal kick prefers to pass to a defender inside the box , ask for it back, get pressed then hit a slightly longer pass. Not good for the nerves
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 15, 2024 8:37 am

Indianablue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

They showed it on NBC

On the clips that have been shown on youtube, whilst a player has every right to challenge for a ball, fact is he arrived later than Ed and took him off at the head. Might not have been intentional but it turned out to be dangerous. In my opinion it should have been a red. The ref let a lot go last night, you could argue he was trying to let the game flow but their bookings were for otright fouls, ours were for stupid silly things - if my memory serves me correct. Studs down the back of KDBs ankle took him out of the game, Dokus penalty, should that not have been a second yellow and therefore Red?

The foul for the penalty was a deffo yellow card, he stopped a goal scoring opportunity
I agree the one on KDB was a bad one

You can make arguments for both sides in the Ederson foul for yellow or red and both would be merited and different referees and VARs would also interpret it differently.

I thought the foul he gave for Haaland in the first couple of minutes was really lenient and soft as well by the way
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Wed May 15, 2024 8:38 am

The challenge on Ed was uncontrolled - which is the actual rule. It was proven uncontrolled by the fact he smashed Ed in the face - that means by the law it’s a red.

If two players slide in for the ball on the halfway line and one got their first and the other smashed their knee into the players face it would be a red all day long.

It can be 50/50 for the ball, but the challenge itself wasn’t 50/50 - hence one player coming off worse.
Last edited by Mase on Wed May 15, 2024 8:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Indianablue » Wed May 15, 2024 8:39 am

Mase wrote:Decent interview with Walker. I think he’s been brilliant for us, one of Pep’s best buys, but we need another RB next season, with Walker teaching them

Watch on youtube.com

Was lightening fast, still very quick, can't cross can' t shoot. Not as good as Zabba on the overlap.
LIVRAMENTO at Newcastle is a g very good prospect. In our team he would be superb
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby john@staustell » Wed May 15, 2024 10:18 am

Indianablue wrote:
s1ty m wrote:I'm done with people bigging up Akanji. Sure, does well for a time, but he basically nearly fucked up the Istanbul game, and tonight as well. Looks like he's on roller skates. Got away with it, again. He's a disaster waiting to happen. Lucky man.

For his mistake against Son, why didn't he turn away to his right? Surely he knew which side Son was coming from? Turned into him and was easily robbed. From our keeper to the middle of our half we love to fuck about passing it around even when being heavily pressed. Eddy is the worst now, never takes a long goal kick prefers to pass to a defender inside the box , ask for it back, get pressed then hit a slightly longer pass. Not good for the nerves

I looked at it again and still have no idea wtf Akanji was doing
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed May 15, 2024 10:23 am

Mase wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
stupot wrote:I'd have Doku for Bernardo on Sunday- been poor for a while and Doku can go to town on them. You know even when Kev and the Viking are poor they'll end up scoring and assisting but Bernardo on that right with Walker is so bad at the minute.
Anyway Erling a hat trick off 30 league goals, City a win off history and 2 wins off more history

Trouble is, Doku has been absolute dogs every time he starts. Tends to be brilliant when coming on.

Super sub pure and simple. Latter day David Fairclough, winger version!!

Last time Doku started a match Pep took him off at half time. Absolutely no way he should be starting a game anytime soon.

He’s a perfect impact sub at the moment.

Agreed.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby blues2win » Wed May 15, 2024 10:38 am

It was almost as if Akanji was unaware of Son’s presence although he must have been. Dias made a bad error too and was bailed out by Ortega.
blues2win

Postby sheblue » Wed May 15, 2024 10:56 am

Regarding Ed, it's never nice to see anyone injured. But I can't help wondering if he would have made the saves Stefan did.
I suppose we will never know. But it could easily have been a very different conversation this morning.

I am totally happy with Stefan starting next two games.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Wed May 15, 2024 11:06 am

john@staustell wrote:
Indianablue wrote:

He’s good at a lot of things, but when he’s pressed by the attacker, or he thinks he’s going to be pressed, he goes into panic mode.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Wed May 15, 2024 11:16 am

Mase wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Indianablue wrote:

He’s good at a lot of things, but when he’s pressed by the attacker, or he thinks he’s going to be pressed, he goes into panic mode.

He is not a big match player.
Stones, sadly, is.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby patrickblue » Wed May 15, 2024 11:31 am

john@staustell wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Hardest watch for 65+ years - I'm grateful I've survived to see this.

Seemed that way. But we forget Gillingham. And the Aguero moment.

To name but 2!

Dunno, I feel the same as JC. That last game that got to me like this one was also against Spuds, the home game to decide the last CL spot back in the day. That didn't have a happy ending.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby stupot » Wed May 15, 2024 11:31 am

blues2win wrote:It was almost as if Akanji was unaware of Son’s presence although he must have been. Dias made a bad error too and was bailed out by Ortega.

Dias made more than one bad error last night- he was terrible. Akanji's was a shocker but other than that he played well. Wouldn't have felt like that though if Son had scored.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Blue In Bolton » Wed May 15, 2024 3:09 pm

I don't know if this has been posted anywhere on here but enjoy the salty tears!

https://twitter.com/oJaayCo/status/1790658715189707257
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David White

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum