***Treble Winners v West Ham Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Treble Winners v West Ham Official Match Thread***

Postby Indianablue » Tue May 21, 2024 5:11 am

Will Claudio Echeverri will be arriving next season ? He will be KDB replacement
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Indianablue » Tue May 21, 2024 9:06 pm

Outcast wrote:I find Nunes celebrations cringe, waste of space hardly contributed this season and should be right at the back than centre stage. Our academy players were reserved in theirs and yet contributed more on the pitch.

Can anyone see him coming good, I'd love to be proven wrong?

Saw a few glimpses of talent in latter games , i think against Fulham?
Doku will get better, Gvardiol is looking like he will become a legend like Rodri, so lets hope Nunes gets more game time and settles into the team. The one i really want to see succeed and find his true place is Grealish.
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby CTID Hants » Tue May 21, 2024 9:57 pm

Indianablue wrote:
Outcast wrote:I find Nunes celebrations cringe, waste of space hardly contributed this season and should be right at the back than centre stage. Our academy players were reserved in theirs and yet contributed more on the pitch.

Doku will get better, Gvardiol is looking like he will become a legend like Rodri, so lets hope Nunes gets more game time and settles into the team. The one i really want to see succeed and find his true place is Grealish.

I swear Pep does what he does in bringing players in as projects just to make them better as he can something others don't... remember the headlines when KDB joined and look how he turned out.

He's not get many wrong so far so I remain open minded on Nunes.

The only major cock up has been Philips... Cancelo wasn't a footballing problem as we all know, his was Billy big bollox ego.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby zuricity » Tue May 21, 2024 10:07 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Indianablue wrote:

I swear Pep does what he does in bringing players in as projects just to make them better as he can something others don't... remember the headlines when KDB joined and look how he turned out.

The only major cock up has been Philips... Cancelo wasn't a footballing problem as we all know, his was Billy big bollox ego.

I had been watching Tin Tin in Germany , long before we showed interest in him. Always thought he was the second coming of the King , he has had a great track record of which Nijinsky would be proud.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby CTID Hants » Tue May 21, 2024 10:57 pm

zuricity wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
Indianablue wrote:

I had been watching Tin Tin in Germany , long before we showed interest in him. Always thought he was the second coming of the King , he has had a great track record of which Nijinsky would be proud.

You get the gist of what I'm saying.... Rodri, Stones, he'll vast majority we've had under Pep have been made better players than they were.... perhaps he can do the same with Nunes (for the record, I'm no fan so far) hopefully. Otherwise it will be another rare fail.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Outcast » Wed May 22, 2024 2:50 am

CTID Hants wrote:
zuricity wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
Indianablue wrote:

You get the gist of what I'm saying.... Rodri, Stones, he'll vast majority we've had under Pep have been made better players than they were.... perhaps he can do the same with Nunes (for the record, I'm no fan so far) hopefully. Otherwise it will be another rare fail.

The only downside to all this, our parasite rivals will latch onto it and use it as a stick to beat us with it, ' look at City, they can easily write off players costing 45m and just under 60m, or they can give them a year on the bench to find their feet blah blah!'! Not that I care what they think, but from the outside It does feel like a 100m been tossed down the drain. Either buy world class or potential world class or promote the academy players than buy second tier drab.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum