Ortega to stay?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ortega to stay?

Postby sheblue » Wed May 22, 2024 3:15 pm

Why wouldn't he stay? We plucked him from footballing obscurity.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby stupot » Wed May 22, 2024 3:56 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
stupot wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:Why not just keep both? :)

I doubt Ortega will play second fiddle any longer and he is 100% right if that is how he feels.

IF one has to go Id sell Ederson.

It's not how he feels though. He said this weekend he's happy to stay next season. He has a year left on his contract btw.l
So one doesn't have to go- it's if Eddie's head gets turned by the Saudi money but he's in his peak years, not the end of his career.

It’s all about ‘what if ’ but of course he’s happy to stay another year as then he will be free to leave with a big signing on fee without us getting a fee for him (he’s worth over 20 million )
I’d imagine the talks are all about him extending his contract but only if he’s going to play more games than just the local cup games .

We certainly won’t stand by and allow a one year contract run down - it’s perfect business sense to do something about it now .

They are talking about an extension apparently but there's no way they will be guaranteeing more game time beyond the domestic cups.
Why wouldn't we let a one year contract run down. We'd only get decent money if there was a couple of years plus and we'd have to pay the big bucks to replace him.There's your business sense.
The question is on Ederson staying- he's got a couple of years left. which i really hope he does. Pretty sure he's got 2 years left so i hope we extend.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed May 22, 2024 7:09 pm

stupot wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
stupot wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:Why not just keep both? :)

I doubt Ortega will play second fiddle any longer and he is 100% right if that is how he feels.

IF one has to go Id sell Ederson.

It's not how he feels though. He said this weekend he's happy to stay next season. He has a year left on his contract btw.l
So one doesn't have to go- it's if Eddie's head gets turned by the Saudi money but he's in his peak years, not the end of his career.

It’s all about ‘what if ’ but of course he’s happy to stay another year as then he will be free to leave with a big signing on fee without us getting a fee for him (he’s worth over 20 million )
I’d imagine the talks are all about him extending his contract but only if he’s going to play more games than just the local cup games .

We certainly won’t stand by and allow a one year contract run down - it’s perfect business sense to do something about it now .

Why wouldn't we let a one year contract run down. We'd only get decent money if there was a couple of years plus and we'd have to pay the big bucks to replace him.There's your business sense.

Why wouldn't we let what remains of his contract to run down without acting now ?.........................You surely cannot be that thick. :lol:

You do realize that we would still get decent money for Bernardo and his contract has one year left to run...50 million is the asking price for a player with one year left to run and that's what we would probably get if we sold him this summer...that is our asking price.

If we sold Ortega now we would probably get 20 million for him (He was worth 9 million in 2021 but he will be worth double that or more now )
If wait till end of his contract we would get nothing or maybe in your world that's good business sense.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby stupot » Thu May 23, 2024 10:03 am

Me thick- pot, kettle. Bernardo has 2 years left on his contract. He signed an extension last year, that's why we'll get decent money.
We've let plenty of contracts run down. Gundo last year for one - would you have preferred we got some money for him the year before.
If we get 10, 15, 20ml whatever we'd have to spend to replace. We have far more important positions in the team to prioritise than the 2 great keepers we have now. No intelligent person would want to sell either this summer.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu May 23, 2024 4:53 pm

stupot wrote:Me thick- pot, kettle. Bernardo has 2 years left on his contract. He signed an extension last year, that's why we'll get decent money.
We've let plenty of contracts run down. Gundo last year for one - would you have preferred we got some money for him the year before.
If we get 10, 15, 20ml whatever we'd have to spend to replace. We have far more important positions in the team to prioritise than the 2 great keepers we have now. No intelligent person would want to sell either this summer.

Regarding the 2 keepers ...the topic came up as to what we would prefer IF one were to leave because of whatever reason..no one was wanting one to go but if it came down to it , many fans would prefer Ortega to Ederson.

I got Bernardo's contract terms from google but it was out by a year so yes he has till summer 2025 and his release clause is still 50 million, just like it was last year , and I very much doubt the suits will not let him leave for nothing like we did with Gundo.
Gundo was still the cog in the machine at the time and we needed him till the last day of his contract..................he was undoubtedly one of the main reasons why we won that year so it didn't make any business sense to sell him..............other players do not fall into that same category.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby carolina-blue » Thu May 23, 2024 5:52 pm

Just heard Ian Cheeseman on a radio show over here say he has heard rumour Big Ed is off
Saudi the likely destination ?
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby johnny crossan » Thu May 23, 2024 6:26 pm

carolina-blue wrote:Just heard Ian Cheeseman on a radio show over here say he has heard rumour Big Ed is off

is it from his blog?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby carolina-blue » Thu May 23, 2024 6:41 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:Just heard Ian Cheeseman on a radio show over here say he has heard rumour Big Ed is off

is it from his blog?

Oh I don’t know mate Rodney Marsh has a radio show over here and he was on as a guest
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby johnny crossan » Thu May 23, 2024 6:54 pm

carolina-blue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

is it from his blog?

Oh I don’t know mate Rodney Marsh has a radio show over here and he was on as a guest
Hope it's not inside info,
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PeterParker » Thu May 23, 2024 7:04 pm

If he is going I am ready to bet my house we are going for Unai Simón

He is ranked as the third ball playing gk in the world in the last season.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:25 am

Official, signed a 1 year extension, here until end of 26, happy days our kid

https://www.mancity.com/news/mens/stefa ... d-63853429
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby salford city » Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:39 am

CTID Hants wrote:Official, signed a 1 year extension, here until end of 26, happy days our kid

https://www.mancity.com/news/mens/stefa ... d-63853429

Great news - just don't play him in the community shield...
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:43 am

Great news.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Indianablue » Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:16 am