The View from Etihad South

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The View from Etihad South

Postby CuteMancs » Sat May 25, 2024 8:49 am

It’s time for the final fling, and it couldn’t have worked out better than the facing the rags at Wembley. I have been keeping an eye on this thread all week, and I sense that they are starting to feel a bit confident. If the whole team is really up for sale and ten bob is getting sacked (in the morning), I cant see them putting up much of fight. As has already been said, lets finally get that 10 – 0 we are all waiting for. Hope all the travelling Blues stay safe, I am off to put my lucky socks on.

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Andrew Madley
Assistant Referees: Harry Lennard & Nick Hopton
Fourth Official: Simon Hooper
Reserve Assistant Referee: Tim Wood
Video Assistant Referee: Michael Oliver
Support VAR: Peter Bankes
Assistant VAR: Stuart Burt

Team Selection

Onana
AWB - Casemiro - Martinez - Dalot
Bruno - Amrabat - Mainoo - Garnacho
McTominay - Hojlund

And the rest…

Only one more left.

Our FA Cup Plot Armour won't let us down, snatch a 2-1 win in injury time, Rashford x 2.

We're winning this one. The game raisers will turn up one final time.

We derailed Klopp's farewell tour…We ruined De Zerbi's leaving party…Can we make it a hat-trick here?

3-1 to Manchester.

Varane and Martinez are actually decent together if match fit. If Casemiro and Rashford turn up then we can make a game of it. But no way can we play our normal space invaders formation or we get panned.

They are such parasites, god knows I hope we can shit house a win.

At least there’s a bit of form going in and some players back. This was a guaranteed 5-0 a couple of weeks ago. Maybe 5-1 now.

If our players were offered an opportunity to skip the final but concede a 2-0 loss, they’d take it. That’s how low in confidence this team is at the moment. Hopefully, ETH’s last game for us.

Insane how big this game is, win this and it changes the whole season to a disappointment but not a disaster imo.

United winning will be a bigger shock than Wigan over City in 2013.

I still personally find it unfair that UAE employee Michael Oliver is the VAR man again. It’s obvious that if city need a boost, hell supply it. Like he did while on VAR in the league fixture, giving them a penalty for literally nothing. Our win rate over about 11/12 years with him refereeing our games is 39%. Sorry but it’s clear something is amiss with him.

I'm less interested in winning a trophy than I am of qualifying for the Europa: we'll need the money from the competition plus it's the most likely route right now into the CL. Of course one can't come without the other...... and neither is coming. One last humiliation incoming: City don't need to worry about a CL final this year.

Be good if we had Shaw back, but near enough Ten Hag's best starting 11 available.
Let's hope City continue to celebrate their tainted 4 in a row.

We need a f...ing miracle

Every single one of us always expect a thumping past these when we play them but these and Liverpool are the only teams ETH changes his tactics for. He plays more compact. We’ll probably lose like 3/0/3-1. Don’t think we’ll get hammered.

Remarkably everyone is back training before our biggest match this season. Very convenient

I don’t know if the potential sacking of ETH will be a motivation or a distraction for the team in the final. It’s a very strange situation to be in especially in regards to how ordinary we’ve looked all season to find ourselves in a final.

Im honestly suprised INEOS and/or the club havent complained about Michael Oliver and Stuart Burt being amongst the officials for this game and demanded they be replaced

City won't need any help mate. Unless United suddenly take on a Spartan-like mentality between now and kick off, City will pick up another pot.

Can't wait for this. Just hope this lot show up with the fire and intensity to do one over on these cheating cnuts. If they do they can fecking win, I think 3-1 Utd today.

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: The View from Etihad South

Postby nottsblue » Sat May 25, 2024 9:29 am

Cheers CM

Much more chipper than I thought they’d be. Every rag or indeed general football fan I’ve spoken to in the last couple of weeks thinks we’ll smash them.

They do want ten bob out though and I hope this is one favour we can do for them, by beating them like the cunts deserve
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PaulieIrish » Sat May 25, 2024 9:31 am

I still personally find it unfair that UAE employee Michael Oliver is the VAR man again. It’s obvious that if city need a boost, hell supply it. Like he did while on VAR in the league fixture, giving them a penalty for literally nothing. Our win rate over about 11/12 years with him refereeing our games is 39%. Sorry but it’s clear something is amiss with him.“

That’s probably higher than their average win rate for past 5 years. They should be delighted with Oliver’s appointment!
PaulieIrish
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby CTID Hants » Sat May 25, 2024 12:21 pm

Cheers CM for the whole season

It's the way they type it like it's fact......

I still personally find it unfair that UAE employee Michael Oliver
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby john@staustell » Sat May 25, 2024 12:31 pm

PaulieIrish wrote:I still personally find it unfair that UAE employee Michael Oliver is the VAR man again. It’s obvious that if city need a boost, hell supply it. Like he did while on VAR in the league fixture, giving them a penalty for literally nothing. Our win rate over about 11/12 years with him refereeing our games is 39%. Sorry but it’s clear something is amiss with him.“

That’s probably higher than their average win rate for past 5 years. They should be delighted with Oliver’s appointment!

Looks better than their normal win rate to be honest
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby johnny crossan » Sat May 25, 2024 1:12 pm

plus 1 - much appreciated :D :D
CTID Hants wrote:Cheers CM for the whole season

It's the way they type it like it's fact......

I still personally find it unfair that UAE employee Michael Oliver
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Return to The Maine Football forum