Wednesday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Wednesday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:43 am

Bridge out after hernia op
WAYNE BRIDGE has been hit by a fresh blow after a hernia operation ruled him out for a month.
A pal of the Manchester City star said: "Poor Bridgey is not having a lot of luck just lately is he? It's such a shame as he's a top lad.
"But he's determined to get back as quickly as possible to help City get that top-four finish."
Bridge, 29, has been playing through the pain barrier in recent weeks but club medics finally agreed to surgery yesterday.
He was also out for two months after injuring a knee in the 2-1 win over former club Chelsea at Eastlands on December 5.
At least he was fit for City's trip to Stamford Bridge last month, when he snubbed Blues captain John Terry for having an affair with his ex-partner Vanessa Perroncel.
After Terry's betrayal, Bridge ruled himself out of contention for England's World Cup finals squad.
Official thread: viewtopic.php?f=119&t=31116

JOLEON Lescott has set himself a twin target – to finish in the top four with Manchester City and earn a place in England’s World Cup squad.
Lescott has made an impressive return to the City team after a two-month lay-off with a knee injury.
He was an unused substitute in England’s match against Egypt a fortnight ago but, with Fabio Capello’s defence beset by problems, he has not given up hope of making the team.
He said: “No one enjoys being on the bench whether it is for your club or your country. If you do, then you deserve to be there. But I am pleased with the way things are going since I came back from my injury.
“Fabio Capello obviously thinks I’m in the top 24 players in the country, so you have to be pleased but, if you are in the squad, you want to be playing. I’m no different to any other player. Club form is how to convince him. You get picked at international level on your club form, so that is going to be a massive part of the run-in.
“If we can qualify for the Champions League, then I’m sure that will only help my ambitions.”
Lescott believes that, with six of City’s last 10 games at the City of Manchester Stadium where they are unbeaten this season, they hold the advantage over Tottenham, Liverpool and Aston Villa.
“Home form will be hugely important,” he said. “We are in the driving seat for fourth place.”

One of Lescott’s rivals for an England spot, Gary Cahill, is also in the frame for the World Cup after returning to training.
Bolton defender Cahill was expected to miss the rest of the season after he was diagnosed with a blood clot in his arm in February, but he could make his return against Everton on Saturday

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini set to commit future at Eastlands
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini is looking to a future at Eastlands after attending the club's under 11s and under 14s matches.
He has also moved out of his hotel into a flat and is a regular at a local church on Sundays.
City are sixth in the Premier League table but are just two points behind fourth-placed Tottenham. And they have a game in hand over the north Londoners, in the race for the final Champions League spot.

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Real Madrid are keen on Chelsea defender Ashley Cole, who is thought to be interested in a move to Spain, with Manchester United's Patrice Evra their back-up target if they fail to land the England international. Daily Mirror

Juventus midfielder Felipe Melo, who is a target for Arsenal, could be on his way out of the Italian club after clashing with fans during the draw with Siena last weekend.
Full story: Daily Mail

AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has told David Beckham he can return to the club next year if he wants to after recovering from his Achilles injury. Daily Star

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.socceram.com/media/video/0,2 ... 13,00.html

OTHER BOLLOX
Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas could be back from his hamstring injury this weekend after missing the last two games.
Daily Mirror

Burnley have already started their search for a new manager as current boss Brian Laws is on the brink of getting the boot at Turf Moor.The Sun

Italy's World Cup-winning coach Marcello Lippi says he is unimpressed by the success of English clubs in the Champions League as there is nothing English about them. He also says Italy's top teams are similarly unrepresentative of the country. Daily Mail

Uefa president Michel Platini is still keen on adding extra officials. "Either we add referees or we use replays. I'm for the human option," he told an Italian television show.The Independent

Calum Davenport has played his last game for West Ham after agreeing a £250,000 pay-off. The Sun

Goalkeeper Paul Robinson's injury could see Blackburn recall goalkeeper Mark Bunn from loan at Sheffield United - and make his Premier League debut against Chelsea.Daily Mirror

Sheffield United could be forced to make major cutbacks if they fail to win promotion back to the Premier League this season. Daily Mirror

He may not be playing at the World Cup, but David Beckham could still be in South Africa after receiving plenty of television offers for the tournament. The Sun

Sven-Goran Eriksson could be at the World Cup as manager of the Ivory Coast, but faces competition from former France coach Philippe Troussier.Daily Mirror

Manchester United defender Gary Neville, 35, is hoping for a shock England recall in time for the World Cup, three years after winning the last of his 85 caps.Daily Mirror
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Wednesday's B*ll*x

Postby Crossie » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:36 am

All together now:

"If Gary Neville can play for England so can I"
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby mcfc1632 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:56 am

Crossie wrote:All together now:

"If Gary Neville can play for England so can I"

I said that after everyone of those caps - he would not have got more than 10 if he played for any other team
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Chinners » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:59 pm

Nah, thats bollox .... Phil Neville on the other hand I would agree
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x