NDJ

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: NDJ

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:57 pm

MaseCTID wrote:
Lee's Alter Ego wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:Just like to confirm to everyone again that Gaz Baz is not and never has been a 'defensive' midfielder.

Thanks.

Could you please confirm to me what he is and always will be then please.

Thnaks

A central midfielder. Neither does he play defensive mid for England.

Thnaks

ha nice touch there at the end, did make me laugh.

I however would beg to differ, for england he plays behind Lamps and Gerrard in the defensive role therefore making him a defensive midfielder.
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:02 pm

Lee's Alter Ego wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:
Lee's Alter Ego wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:Just like to confirm to everyone again that Gaz Baz is not and never has been a 'defensive' midfielder.

Thanks.

Thnaks

Thnaks

I however would beg to differ, for england he plays behind Lamps and Gerrard in the defensive role therefore making him a defensive midfielder.

i agree with lee hes a sitting midfielder for england and think he should play there for us, especially against poorer teams.

and for the people who think a fit m.johnson should be first in our midfield, can i ask why?even at his peak(which was about 3 games at the start of the sven era) he wouldnt get in a top 6 team. Move on from him if he comes back fine but if he doesnt hes no loss....

W
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:05 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
Lee's Alter Ego wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:
Lee's Alter Ego wrote:

Thanks.

Thnaks

Thnaks

i agree with lee hes a sitting midfielder for england and think he should play there for us, especially against poorer teams.

and for the people who think a fit m.johnson should be first in our midfield, can i ask why?even at his peak(which was about 3 games at the start of the sven era) he wouldnt get in a top 6 team. Move on from him if he comes back fine but if he doesnt hes no loss....

W

He's scored a few goals for England recently as a 'sitting' midfielder then.
My mates a massive Villa fan. Season ticket for years. "standard central midfielder" his words.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:20 pm

My mates a massive Villa fan. Season ticket for years. "standard central midfielder" his words.

Yep scored a few for england and yep played centre midfield for villa but doesnt take away the fact he plays the sitting role for england, sitting midfielders are allowed score aswell.....
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:22 pm

Dubciteh wrote:

Yep scored a few for england and yep played centre midfield for villa but doesnt take away the fact he plays the sitting role for england, sitting midfielders are allowed score aswell.....

On a regular basis though? How many has our defensive midfielder big Nige got for us?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bingo Lewis » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:58 pm

Thanks.

Hello MaseCTID,

Just like to say, you're talking through your trumper.

Yours,

Fabio Capello
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Bingo Lewis » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:59 pm

MaseCTID wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

On a regular basis though? How many has our defensive midfielder big Nige got for us?

Which proves my point that Gareth Barry is better than De Jong, as he helps out in attack as well as defending well.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:03 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:

Thanks.

Hello MaseCTID,

Yours,

Fabio Capello

Dear Cabio Fapello,

I didn't know you were so good with English and you stink of bell ched.

Love from

MaseCTID.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bingo Lewis » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:06 pm

MaseCTID wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:

Thanks.

Hello MaseCTID,

Yours,

Fabio Capello

Dear Cabio Fapello,

I didn't know you were so good with English and you stink of bell ched.

Love from

MaseCTID.

hahaha

Dear MaseCTID,

I'd stop throwing insults when you have Joey Barton as your avatar.
And I write better than I talk. Now piss off or I'll get Bingo on yer.....

Mucha grazie

Don Fabio
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:10 pm

am i the only person in the world who doesn't think NDJ is a "defensive midfielder"?

i think he seems like a one-trick pony, and his fucktastic karate tackles make you jizz in your pants, but we've got to see more from him.

He DOES play a slightly different role with the Dutch team and doesn't seem to fucking suck with some real world class midfield ability around him.

The point i'm making is that he's a tireless worker, and a fearsome tackler, and if the Dutch national team can find the time for him then prollee CIty can too, but he's just not playing the right role with the right combo of players.

Anyone else see this as well in terms of the Dutch team?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:21 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:am i the only person in the world who doesn't think NDJ is a "defensive midfielder"?

i think he seems like a one-trick pony, and his fucktastic karate tackles make you jizz in your pants, but we've got to see more from him.

He DOES play a slightly different role with the Dutch team and doesn't seem to fucking suck with some real world class midfield ability around him.

The point i'm making is that he's a tireless worker, and a fearsome tackler, and if the Dutch national team can find the time for him then prollee CIty can too, but he's just not playing the right role with the right combo of players.

cheers

you have a point here.. maybe the Dutch teams mids dont get hassled off the ball as much as City are finding at the moment. There is more need for each of City's mids to be more skillful in less space..

could be the difference?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:29 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:am i the only person in the world who doesn't think NDJ is a "defensive midfielder"?

cheers

you have a point here.. maybe the Dutch teams mids dont get hassled off the ball as much as City are finding at the moment. There is more need for each of City's mids to be more skillful in less space..

could be the difference?

i dunno. stop agreeing with me so much tho. it's making me nervous.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby mr_nool » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:48 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:

cheers

could be the difference?

cheers

He's under a lot of critique in Holland at the moment, and most people that I talk to do not want to see him in the WC-squad. they think he's too one dimensional and also a liability in the sense that he's a red card waiting to happen.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:26 pm

mr_nool wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:

cheers

could be the difference?

cheers

He's under a lot of critique in Holland at the moment, and most people that I talk to do not want to see him in the WC-squad. they think he's too one dimensional and also a liability in the sense that he's a red card waiting to happen.

And....................they are right.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby the_georgian_genius » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:34 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:

cheers

could be the difference?

cheers

At the moment they would be, i just think if we had a more balanced and better midfield he would stand out more.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Longball » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:33 pm

sclong is very good, high octane, big-hearted , tackles but made to be a full back
Longball
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Oxfam
My favourite player is: Kompany

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:31 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:

could be the difference?

cheers

At the moment they would be, i just think if we had a more balanced and better midfield he would stand out more.

I think this was Mancini's point when he criticised Hughes ' spending and not having a midfield. Perhaps with any two of Lampard, Essien, Cole, Robben in the team it would be ok to have NDJ, but without them he looks like total waste of time in our side because we dont have the players to complement him.

I think he is great at what he does, but as our side stands at the moment, we dont have midfielders that are good enough EITHER defensively or attacking wise to make up for his lack of intent or ability moving forwards, and therefore he is a total waste of a shirt.

I still dont believe he is relevant in todays game, however as Makelele proved, when surrounded by the right players who can do EVERYTHING that he cant, then it works. We are a long way off signing players of the quality of Essien and Lampard so we are a long way off needing De Jong in our team.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby getdressedmctavish » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:35 pm

Holland struggle for players at the mo, feck me dirk K is their striker. That clown , Boogers or summat at Blackburn was their centrehalf.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:06 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:Holland struggle for players at the mo, feck me dirk K is their striker. That clown , Boogers or summat at Blackburn was their centrehalf.

You just dont like him, admit it, go on, do it
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum