Ibrahim signs new contract

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ibrahim signs new contract

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:03 pm

Abdisalam Ibrahim, one of four Academy graduates already handed a first team debut by boss Roberto Mancini this season, has signed a new contract.

The 18-year-old Norwegian midfielder (pictured signing with Club Secretary Rebecca Firth) made his bow against Scunthorpe in the FA Cup back in January is delighted to have signed on the dotted line.

"I am really happy; I am going to enjoy the moment. It is really exciting for me," declared Ibrahim whose new agreement will keep him at the club until 2014.

"This club is so exciting and I feel like I
now know it well. I am a fan as well
as a player"

"The contract gives me time to learn my trade and push my cliams. I couldn't be at better club."

City’s chase for a Champions League place perhaps makes it more surprising to those outside the camp that so many graduates are given a chance to shine but to those on the receiving end of the leg up on the Premier League ladder it makes perfect sense.

“The boss has been great with me and the other lads,” praised Ibrahim.

“He’s a really good coach and he believes that if you are good enough, you are old enough and that sends a very positive message to all the young players at the club, particularly the next group of Academy players coming through.

"He encourages us all and advises us on
how we can improve our game and he
is like that with every player, not just
the younger ones

“He believes we can all get better and progress and I think no matter who you are, you can always progress your game.”

The icing on the cake for Abdi was seeing his boyhood hero, French International legend, Patrick Vieira, arrive at City during the January transfer window

“Patrick is a great guy – he’s done so much in his career and won so many things and to have him advising me out on the training pitch every day is fantastic,” smiled the boy Blue.

“He has my game a lot already, giving me tips on where to play and how and when to move around the pitch – he’s not a bad teacher to have, is he?

“Having said that, all the players want to help, too, including the more senior squad members. There is a great team spirit throughout the squad and I couldn’t be at a better club.”

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Ibrahim signs new contract

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:10 pm

IN OTHER NEWS.

Owwwwwwww,the new club secretary is pretty hot no offence Bernie lad but she's far better to hold the shirt up with.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Re: Ibrahim signs new contract

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:41 am

I have a feeling Adi will find regular football elsewhere eventually but congrats lad.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Return to The Maine Football forum