Bellamy Interview in NOTW

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Bellamy Interview in NOTW

Postby bluej » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:30 am

He has a right go at footballers! A load of rehashed quotes though by the looks of it.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/f ... -PROS.html

CRAIG BELLAMY has launched an outspoken attack on fellow professionals by claiming he is "ashamed" to be a footballer.

The Manchester City winger is convinced he is a changed man after the controversy that has dogged him throughout his career.

Bellamy, who claimed last month "everyone in football knows what JT is like" after the Chelsea skipper's affair with Vanessa Perroncel, is shocked by the behaviour of team-mates.

He said: "I don't feel close to footballers. Sometimes when I see certain things I'm ashamed to be a footballer.

"I don't go to nightclubs, I don't go to lounge bars, I don't spend my days shopping. That doesn't interest me.

"I spend a lot of time with my children at home. That's where I feel good."

Bellamy also admitted that he gets angry when fellow pros show a lack of commitment on the field.

He added: "I don't know how to be on the pitch as a tourist. Some lads do that but I can't. When I play, I play for real. I never pretend.

"I know I get carried away by emotion. I have always been like that. I don't give a toss whether that pleases people or not. I do my thing. What counts for me is the respect of my family, people who know me, my manager and my team-mates.

"Wayne Rooney is more effective in front of goal than me, but I love the guy. If you go to war you prefer to have Rooney on your side. It's the same with Roy Keane - a legend.

"I'd be happy to be a quarter of the player he was. Like him, I can't bear matches passing me by."

Bellamy, 30, also admitted he fears for his future at City as they line up another summer of big-spending and high-profile recruits.

He has been outstanding for the club this season and is finally responding to the methods of Italian coach Roberto Mancini.

Bellamy's bond with former City chief Mark Hughes affected his relationship with Mancini in the beginning, but the issues have finally been resolved.
Overtaken

The City firebrand added: "Mark Hughes was not my mate. I never had his telephone number, but he was a really good manager.

"New players are coming in a few months and I might be overtaken. I don't see myself playing for City in two or three years, lifting trophies.

"It's going to stop quickly. My body won't hold up for a long time. I'll soon be 31 and that will quickly become a problem. I won't be able to play at my best any more and I will stop playing.

"I have had seven knee operations in the last nine years. I can't string three games a week together. My body does not allow me to play all the time."

Bellamy, interviewed in a French magazine, also attempted to explain the reasons for his volatile temperament.

The Wales star has had a number of brushes with authority, as well as team-mates, during his playing career.

Bellamy traces it back to his early days at Norwich, when he spent time away from his family back in Cardiff.

He added: "When I was at Norwich I found it really difficult to be far away from family when I was so young.

"I missed Christmas and birthdays. I didn't always have great relationships with the families I lodged with.

"You can say I had problems with my behaviour very early.

"I'm from Cardiff and for me, Cardiff is Wales.

"Beyond that it's something else - countryside, it's green.

"Outside Cardiff, you are Welsh without really being Welsh.

"A guy like John Hartson speaks Welsh and has loads of tattoos to prove he's Welsh.

"But I'm telling you there are not many blokes who are more Welsh than me."
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Bellamy Interview in NOTW

Postby King Kev » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:47 am

Top interview. It got a bit weird when he was talking about Wales and being Welsh but, otherwise I agree with a lot of what he says.

I like his attitude, to me his mentality is more like that of a fan than a player.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:55 am

I love that guy. He is so refreshingly honest it's nice to read. I hope he will be here when we lift our first trophy though.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Chinners » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:04 am

Rehashed stuff indeed, nice stuff but it NOTW so no creedence should be given imo
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:13 am

I don't get the bit about Harton. Is he having a go at a man who's beating cancer because he has 'Welsh tattoos'?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby King Kev » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:16 am

MaseCTID wrote:I don't get the bit about Harton. Is he having a go at a man who's beating cancer because he has 'Welsh tattoos'?
I think it has more to do with Hartson's look at me I'm sooo Welsh persona rather than his battle with cancer.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:29 am

King Kev wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:I don't get the bit about Harton. Is he having a go at a man who's beating cancer because he has 'Welsh tattoos'?
I think it has more to do with Hartson's look at me I'm sooo Welsh persona rather than his battle with cancer.

But hasn't Bellers got a Welsh battle scene as a sleeve on his arm? I don't get where he's going with it to be honest.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby HeyMark » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:52 am

MaseCTID wrote:
King Kev wrote:

But hasn't Bellers got a Welsh battle scene as a sleeve on his arm? I don't get where he's going with it to be honest.

I didnt take it as a dig at hartson, more pointing out that people look at hartson as typifying welsh patriotism because of his tattoos etc but that he's also very patriotic
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:04 am

HeyMark wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:
King Kev wrote:

I didnt take it as a dig at hartson, more pointing out that people look at hartson as typifying welsh patriotism because of his tattoos etc but that he's also very patriotic

But who knew that Harton had Welsh tattoos? Cause I didn't. But I knew that Bellamy had a Welsh battle scene on his arm because it was in all the papers.
I love Bellers as much as the next City fan, but I think in that particular interview, especially the later part, he's talking just to hear his own voice (or in this case see it in the paper).
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:09 am

King Kev wrote:Top interview. It got a bit weird when he was talking about Wales and being Welsh but, otherwise I agree with a lot of what he says.

I like his attitude, to me his mentality is more like that of a fan than a player.

Bit weird???? I had no idea what he was trying to say!!! For him, Cardiff is Wales and rest in countryside??? What's that supposed to mean???

Otherwise decent interview..... although giving likes of r*y k***e rim job never gets too many applauses from my corner.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:22 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
King Kev wrote:Top interview. It got a bit weird when he was talking about Wales and being Welsh but, otherwise I agree with a lot of what he says.

Bit weird???? I had no idea what he was trying to say!!! For him, Cardiff is Wales and rest in countryside??? What's that supposed to mean???

Otherwise decent interview..... although giving likes of r*y k***e rim job never gets too many applauses from my corner.

Yeah mate, but you know well he's talking about heart, spirit, drive and determination and as much as I hate the cunt, few in the premier league have come close to Keane on that level.
Original Dub

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:37 am

Original Dub wrote:

Yeah mate, but you know well he's talking about heart, spirit, drive and determination and as much as I hate the cunt, few in the premier league have come close to Keane on that level.

I knew what he was trying to say. Just had to add that mentioning that coooont always gets the hair on the back of my neck up.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:46 am

Original Dub wrote:

I knew what he was trying to say. Just had to add that mentioning that coooont always gets the hair on the back of my neck up.

I hear ya barking big dog :)
Original Dub

Return to The Maine Football forum