Tevez -v- Rooney

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tevez -v- Rooney

Postby Original Dub » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:21 pm

So the race is on and our own Carlitos is really after mounting a serious challenge for both the golden boot and Premier League POTY.

So far:

Rooney - (28) 26 plus 4 assists - responsible for 30 premier league goals
Tevez - (26) 22 plus 7 assists - responsible for 29 premier league goals

Very very similar players who work hard for the team.

Who's it gonna be?
Original Dub

Re: Tevez -v- Rooney

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:24 pm

I think Tevez will nick the Golden Boot... but he won't get the player of the year award simply because everyone is so far up Rooney's ass that they are blind to everyone else.... oh yeah and because Rooney is English. :)
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Original Dub » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:28 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:I think Tevez will nick the Golden Boot... but he won't get the player of the year award simply because everyone is so far up Rooney's ass that they are blind to everyone else.... oh yeah and because Rooney is English. :)

Unfortunately you're right with your view of the awards for POTY and I truely lost faith in them last season, when Ireland came FIFTH in YPOTY and Ryan fucking Giggs got POTY after 12 starts, which is less than one third of an entire season.

When I was looking up the stats for assists, I noticed our own AJ has six. That's fucking brilliant considering he only joined in Jan!
Original Dub

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:31 pm

Should be Tevez.

The rags will get it Rooney.

But Carlitos will be on the stage.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby mr_nool » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:37 pm

Regarding the POTY, I think it depends a lot on who wins the Prem. Should Chelsea win it, I reckon that Fat Frank will get the award. If Arsenal win it, Fabergas might have chance.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:44 pm

Original Dub wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:I think Tevez will nick the Golden Boot... but he won't get the player of the year award simply because everyone is so far up Rooney's ass that they are blind to everyone else.... oh yeah and because Rooney is English. :)

Unfortunately you're right with your view of the awards for POTY and I truely lost faith in them last season, when Ireland came FIFTH in YPOTY and Ryan fucking Giggs got POTY after 12 starts, which is less than one third of an entire season.

When I was looking up the stats for assists, I noticed our own AJ has six. That's fucking brilliant considering he only joined in Jan!
n

I fucking knew he had more than 4..(Mark you twat)....I seriously think AJ will be huge for us in the coming years....fucking class this guy is.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:50 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

n

I fucking knew he had more than 4..(Mark you twat)....I seriously think AJ will be huge for us in the coming years....fucking class this guy is.

He got two yesterday mate, although once that goal is awarded to Tevez, he'll probably lose one assist, which would then go to Onouha I presume?

Anyway, Nooly you're right - the winners will have a big say in POTY.

Its just that the only player being touted for it was Rooney up until lately when Tevez name has been touted as the most likely challenger...
Original Dub

Postby Vhero » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:54 pm

It will be Rooney because he's English and he is a rag however we know Tevez deserves it just as much though rag fans will disagree to the hilt. Hell all the rag fans I meet think he is the second best player in the world right now behind Messi. I mean Tranaldo leaves them and they don't think he's the best?? Just proves how biased they really are.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Mike J » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:45 pm

rooney will get POTY without a doubt.

i fancy carlos to sneak the golden boot. would be fucking quality if he does.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Return to The Maine Football forum