1937-1968-2010...COMPARISON.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: 1937-1968-2010...COMPARISON.

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:25 am

Slim wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:I think these comparisons go to show how much more competitive the game is now, if with a similar path we are looking at a fourth spot, third at best, when back then you could win the league with it. This emans that while we may have one of the best sides in City's history right now, we need to better it further to actually compete for the title, which is what we want to be doing in a couple seasons, if not sooner.

Actually I think it shows that it is less. The league has becomes frighteningly polarised and while the top 4 or 5 or 3 or whatever they want to call it this week are pushing the bar higher and higher, the fact is for the rest of the league, sneaking a Europa spot or avoiding relegation seems to be the best they can hope for.

I see your point, but what I was talking about is what you mentioned too, the top teams pushing the bar higher and higher, so that to win the league you have to look at a much higher number of points than before.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum