Liveonlinefooty news (Important Announcement)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Liveonlinefooty news (Important Announcement)

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:37 am

Liveonlinefooty news

Important Announcement Regarding Streaming of 3pm Football

As some of you may already know the FAPL have been restricting the amount of 3pm broadcasts shown across Europe, This week the FAPL have announced that each broadcaster may only broadcast one 3pm game per week.

This presents a problem with the amount of games shown over Europe that satellite viewers will have access to. Unfortunately this will now make it almost impossible to pick up lower end of the table teams via European satellite.
The FAPL have also demanded that the broadcasters drop english commentry in favour of the native language of broadcasting provider.

How does this effect you?

This will mean that each week we can only guarantee 1 Premier League game at 3pm.

Sometimes we may be able to show two or three 3pm Premier League games per week, however we can only guarantee one live 3pm.

This is something that we hope will be resolved with the various broadcasters and the Premier League.

It is not something we wish to do, and is completely out of our hands. We must however apologise for the obvious inconvenience this may cause.

We will of course update you in due course if and when there are any changes that we become aware of.

Regards
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Liveonlinefooty news (Important Announcement)

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:44 am

Not such a big issue for us is it, we hardly play on saturday after this week do we?

Shitter for some fans of other clubs, but if people want watch bolton, blackburn etc, they could do something revolutionary and get off their fucking arses and support their teams.

Unfortunately for those clubs, it will probably mean a decrease in revenue, but an opportunity for us to be in more peoples front room across europe every week in the same way that sky only ever show real and barca games over here, which increases their support and makes the rich richer
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:20 pm

thats shit anyway.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby ruralblue » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:56 pm

My heads still in allotment mode, so does this mean all other kick off times we play (1.30 /5.30 / 8pm) games will still be shown on live online footy???
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:04 pm

ruralblue wrote:My heads still in allotment mode, so does this mean all other kick off times we play (1.30 /5.30 / 8pm) games will still be shown on live online footy???

As far as i can make out if we're on tv ie SKY, ESPN then it will be shown regardless of the time but if we're not and it's at another time then they will pick one game and thats it, so for Sat one 3pm kick off. I guess it will be the same on Sunday when we play, they will show us or the rags as we both kick off at the same time. I could be wrong though.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby ashton287 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:13 pm

So I don't get a choice anymore, I just have to watch what Is on.

If this is the case then what's the fucking point in LOF anymore?
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:23 pm

ashton287 wrote:So I don't get a choice anymore, I just have to watch what Is on.

If this is the case then what's the fucking point in LOF anymore?

It's still great if you can't be arsed paying for Sly & ESPN

The reality of all this is that if for example the following fixtures were scheduled for next week:

City vs Norwich
United vs Blackburn
Liverpool vs Swansea
Wolves vs QPR

The rights holders in each EU country have the option which game to show live. For various reasons they may not all choose the same game, which is why it is likely that the first 3 games will be found somewhere as they involve the more popular clubs, but the Wolves Vs QPR game would never see the light of day.

However they could all choose the same game to broadcast, which is why LOF will only guarantee one game.

It will make no difference to games at other times which are normally being broadcast anyway.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby mr_nool » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:28 pm

Crap rule. I pay 15 euros a month to get (almost) all PL footy through a Dutch channel. Now I won't longer be able to make my own choice as to which game to watch on Saturdays at 15:00.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:37 pm

BHT in Bosnia buy up the rights to all City league games that are not being shown on other countries' channels being shown within Bosnia. I usually pick up their broadcasts online if there's nothing with English commentary, so we really shouldn't be affected at all.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:48 pm

So this is why they stopped allowing more people to join.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby CityGer » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:01 pm

mr_nool wrote:Crap rule. I pay 15 euros a month to get (almost) all PL footy through a Dutch channel. Now I won't longer be able to make my own choice as to which game to watch on Saturdays at 15:00.

It is a crap rule. I'm really surprised at this. This will surely affect revenue for the PL?

Similar to nool, I had Melita sports when I lived in Malta which showed every PL game live. It was fantastic. I paid the monthly fee for for the football alone. Surely this rule means that tv firms all over europe will now have to reduce the cost of their product greatly. They'll also lose customers outright. This will cost them a fortune.

I thought this would have been bigger news. Seems quite significant.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby mr_nool » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:09 pm

CityGer wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Crap rule. I pay 15 euros a month to get (almost) all PL footy through a Dutch channel. Now I won't longer be able to make my own choice as to which game to watch on Saturdays at 15:00.

It is a crap rule. I'm really surprised at this. This will surely affect revenue for the PL?

Similar to nool, I had Melita sports when I lived in Malta which showed every PL game live. It was fantastic. I paid the monthly fee for for the football alone.[highlight]Surely this rule means that tv firms all over europe will now have to reduce the cost of their product greatly.[/highlight] They'll also lose customers outright. This will cost them a fortune.

I thought this would have been bigger news. Seems quite significant.

I wouldn't count on it. Price reductions is like fairy dust.
It's been quite a big deal in Sweden, and I reckon it's the same in the other Scandinavian countries, since they are all crazy about English football. I haven't seen it covered at all in Dutch media, though, and my provider (the channel I'm paying for) hasn't even bothered to put up any information on their website.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ant london » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:22 pm

Seems like a crap rule. Pointless and can only be damaging to the game IMO, especially at the lower end.

This may be because I do not remotely understand the technology/process via which LOF (and similar sites) operates in terms of from where their streams are ultimately sourced but I don't get why they cannot get around this by picking up their streams source from outside Europe.

Abu Dhabi Sports (which is the Middle Eastern rights holder) carries every single game at every kickoff time, every day. All with English commentary and with a panel of pundits which is very familiar to anyone in the UK.

Why can't they pick this up and use it rather than a "Skysports" type source?
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:35 pm

ant london wrote:Seems like a crap rule. Pointless and can only be damaging to the game IMO, especially at the lower end.

This may be because I do not remotely understand the technology/process via which LOF (and similar sites) operates in terms of from where their streams are ultimately sourced but I don't get why they cannot get around this by picking up their streams source from outside Europe.

Abu Dhabi Sports (which is the Middle Eastern rights holder) carries every single game at every kickoff time, every day. All with English commentary and with a panel of pundits which is very familiar to anyone in the UK.

I think the reason is something to do with how they obtain their channels.

This decision probably has something to do with the whole decoder issue that just went through the courts, meaning that it would basically be legal to broadcast 3pm kickoffs in the UK. This would have some knock-on effects on attendances that the PL have to counteract in some way.

I'm assuming LOF broadcast all their games from some foreign network which has them all. The recent legal case doesn't allow the use of non-EU broadcast services within the UK.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby mr_nool » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:46 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
ant london wrote:Seems like a crap rule. Pointless and can only be damaging to the game IMO, especially at the lower end.

I think the reason is something to do with how they obtain their channels.
[highlight]This decision probably has something to do with the whole decoder issue that just went through the courts, meaning that it would basically be legal to broadcast 3pm kickoffs in the UK.[/highlight] This would have some knock-on effects on attendances that the PL have to counteract in some way.

I'm assuming LOF broadcast all their games from some foreign network which has them all. The recent legal case doesn't allow the use of non-EU broadcast services within the UK.

Yes, that's what it's solely based on. That woman in Portsmouth who showed games in her pub through a Greek TV channel.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ant london » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:07 pm

So a judgement that was supposed to increase consumer choice and EU freedom has fucked everyone in the anus

Brilliant
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:50 pm

ant london wrote:So a judgement that was supposed to increase consumer choice and EU freedom has fucked everyone in the anus

Brilliant

can't believe you aren't in favor of anus fucking. (no offense Ashton)

luddite. It's all the rage dude...like a tighter vagina! Get in! Everyone's like totally doing it.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Blue in the face » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:09 pm

Who are the FAPL?
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Dameerto » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:25 pm

I think this is in response to the court case involving the English pub Landlady wanting to use a European broadcaster in her pub - they're taking measures to make English broadcasters as attractive as possible to English viewers.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:49 pm

If this is the case why dont sky give us what we want?

Which is the choice to see whichever game we want aka City vs Swansea at 2pm on Sunday.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum