***city v swans official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v swans official match thread***

Postby PrezIke » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:59 pm

Bleed_Blue wrote:
ruralblue wrote:Edin did really well till he came off the bench.

Fuck mate that was awesome, hahaha this had me splits

but is more appropriate for Garcia, hoping that he doesn't start wednesday :)

i thought dzeko seemed to put more effort in that we've normally seen pressing and willingness to make the extra pass of late.

garcia is what he is. good enough to be in the league, but certainly not meant to be anything other than a backup that does not get much rotation without key injuries on a team like ours. i suspect management had rodwell in mind for playing the role garcia has had to play for us, but he has not been healthy.

except cb, where he is certainly a last ditch option the engineer was forced to use.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:02 pm

Herb wrote:Nearly every player except our keeper has had an honourable mention in here so I feel morally obliged to say "hats off to Costel Pantilimon for yet another near faultless goalkeeping display - good shots were saved with panache, players through on goal were charged down with venom, no fear or concern was shown at any time (this man doesn't flap) and he kept up his notably good distribution as well." Well done that man on yet another clean sheet.

Agreed. You can see he's getting into the swing of things now and he seems confident in himself.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby City64 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:10 pm

Was at the Etihad today . Easiest game so far this season we never needed to get out of 2nd gear . Yaya was top class as were Nasri and Zabs ...... great team performance only downer was Kun being very quiet today but he has been world class of late so sort of expected slight dip from him thats how it goes.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:12 pm

City64 wrote:Was at the Etihad today . Easiest game so far this season we never needed to get out of 2nd gear . Yaya was top class as were Nasri and Zabs ...... great team performance only downer was Kun being very quiet today but he has been world class of late so sort of expected slight dip from him thats how it goes.

He looked tired to me, mate.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby City64 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:14 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
City64 wrote:Was at the Etihad today . Easiest game so far this season we never needed to get out of 2nd gear . Yaya was top class as were Nasri and Zabs ...... great team performance only downer was Kun being very quiet today but he has been world class of late so sort of expected slight dip from him thats how it goes.

He looked tired to me, mate.

Possibly mate ...... lots of big games ahead and he tends to shine in those lol ;-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Twobob » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:16 pm

Easier than Norwich?
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby City64 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:17 pm

Twobob wrote:

Easier than Norwich?

The way Swansea set up today yes imho ...... deffo one eye on WBA away midweek for us i reckon.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Twobob » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:44 pm

City64 wrote:
The way Swansea set up today yes imho ...... deffo one eye on WBA away midweek for us i reckon.

waiting patiently for MOD2(rag love in wankers) to see how 'lucky' we've been to 'scrape' past the Swans ;-)
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:24 pm

City64 wrote:
Twobob wrote:

Easier than Norwich?

Sure as hell didn't see that as easy.We had the good fortune of playing Swansea while they were without their two most capable strikers.They played some good football but somehow didn't have incisive movement or players where it really matters and the 1 brilliant chance they had they missed badly. ( although it must be daunting in a one to one when MASSIVE comes out to meet you)

But 2nd half we seemed to get hold of the game better and played some sublime football and could easily have had 5 again.Fingers crossed now for the 2 away games which will be very difficult.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Green & Blue » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:18 am

Important 3 points today against a good side.Think they are playing a nice brand of football under Laudrup but you have to feel European football has come a little early for them.They have been improving steadily as a team but juggling the league with playing in Europe is a big ask for that squad of players, just think its come a bit early for them.Just not enough quality in reserve to cope and I think it could really effect their league campaign.It was great to see a clean sheet today although at times the center backs were at sea again.Off day for Sergio but I think we can afford him one, business as usual on Wednesday I hope.They really need to get that winning feeling on the road and get a serious run going.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:50 am

Business taken care of at home, and a tidy performance in the 2nd half wrapped it up.

However, all our good performances have come within our own friendly confines and we are literally treading water if we simply go to WBA and Southampton and fail to win again. Those two games will tell us if we have learned anything or not.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:37 am

I haven't really read the thread that carefully but I just wanted to add my two penneth to the mix.

- Swansea continue the team that Tottenham should be: Solid team philosophy, continues to polish rough diamonds into shining bolts in their machinery and they make games a contest with a lot less resources than the cream of their competitors. Honestly, with some better players at their disposal it could have been a completely different game. Shelvey impressed me a lot by the way.

- Aguero's first touch is up their with the best in the world. Despite having an off day he did stuff that few other players can.

- Nasri and Silva can never be equivalent options. They bring completely different things to the table. That's obviously clear to anyone but me but I realized that the difference with Nasri this season and the two before is that he largely get's the ball with pace nowadays. Meaning, he's running before he receives the ball. And when he does that, he's a pain in the arse for the defenders as he's able to be very composed and quick to change direction if he has to. But if he gets the ball while he's standing still, like most of the time under Mancini, his strengths don't show. He'll stand there and look into the ground for five seconds before he gives it to Silva or Yaya. Silva is different in that he is also a magnificent dribbler but has the ability to play passes that split the defence wide open while he himself is standing still. Of course you could then say that well, then Nasri is half the player that Silva is, to which I would say that Nasri is a more composed finisher and more... I want to say... agressive?... in his dribbling. I think he could play as a second striker to a certain extent if it was needed. I don't think Silva could do that even if he wanted to. Perhaps I'm just posting the obvious but I don't recollect having seen this type of comparison before. If I'm wrong, ignore this.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:58 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:I haven't really read the thread that carefully but I just wanted to add my two penneth to the mix.

- Swansea continue the team that Tottenham should be: Solid team philosophy, continues to polish rough diamonds into shining bolts in their machinery and they make games a contest with a lot less resources than the cream of their competitors. Honestly, with some better players at their disposal it could have been a completely different game. Shelvey impressed me a lot by the way.

- Aguero's first touch is up their with the best in the world. Despite having an off day he did stuff that few other players can.

- Nasri and Silva can never be equivalent options. They bring completely different things to the table. That's obviously clear to anyone but me but I realized that the difference with Nasri this season and the two before is that he largely get's the ball with pace nowadays. Meaning, he's running before he receives the ball. And when he does that, he's a pain in the arse for the defenders as he's able to be very composed and quick to change direction if he has to. But if he gets the ball while he's standing still, like most of the time under Mancini, his strengths don't show. He'll stand there and look into the ground for five seconds before he gives it to Silva or Yaya. Silva is different in that he is also a magnificent dribbler but has the ability to play passes that split the defence wide open while he himself is standing still. Of course you could then say that well, then Nasri is half the player that Silva is, to which I would say that Nasri is a more composed finisher and more... I want to say... agressive?... in his dribbling. I think he could play as a second striker to a certain extent if it was needed. I don't think Silva could do that even if he wanted to. Perhaps I'm just posting the obvious but I don't recollect having seen this type of comparison before. If I'm wrong, ignore this.

Nasri is right up there at the top level when he uses his ability.

I never, ever, thought we would see him use it at City, but he has & he is grafting too & in this mood, could be trusted to sit deeper if needed v a top team. He also looked great when moved up front both yesterday & midweek.

I agree with the criticisms of Silva's game but I also think he, like Nasri, is showing big improvements in his weak areas. It's just that he hasn't played enough for it to become as noticable. I recon Silva will score considerably more often than in the past, if he stays fit for a period.

The Count is having a huge positive effect on the attacking play of (almost) every player.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blues2win » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:39 pm

I think Doug makes a very important about the absence of their top two strikers. De Michelis guilty of two horrendous errors. First shirt tugging in the area which he was very lucky to get away with and then allowing a forward to waltz past him for the missed sitter just before half time. Vinnie back on Wednesday? Can't come soon enough.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:02 pm

blues2win wrote:I think Doug makes a very important about the absence of their top two strikers. De Michelis guilty of two horrendous errors. First shirt tugging in the area which he was very lucky to get away with and then allowing a forward to waltz past him for the missed sitter just before half time. Vinnie back on Wednesday? Can't come soon enough.

Our defence was shite , luckily for us they fucked up their chances otherwise we might have needed to score 4 !
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:06 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:I haven't really read the thread that carefully but I just wanted to add my two penneth to the mix.

We're blessed having both Silva and Nasri in our squad. I wouldn't like to have to choose between them on this season's form.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:47 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Nasri is right up there at the top level when he uses his ability.

I never, ever, thought we would see him use it at City, but he has & he is grafting too & in this mood, could be trusted to sit deeper if needed v a top team. He also looked great when moved up front both yesterday & midweek.

I agree with the criticisms of Silva's game but I also think he, like Nasri, is showing big improvements in his weak areas. It's just that he hasn't played enough for it to become as noticable. I recon Silva will score considerably more often than in the past, if he stays fit for a period.

The Count is having a huge positive effect on the attacking play of (almost) every player.

I really hope we see more goals from Silva. A player of his technical ability should be getting at least 15 a season in all competitions.
I've always said shooting has been the worst part of his game, he seems unable to generate any sort of power on his shots and he seems to struggle when he has too much time to think. I remember one particular example against Liverpool away in the title winning season, when Dzeko went on a great run and played Silva in one one on but he took far too long to set him self and the chance was gone.
Bridge'srightfoot

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:16 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
blues2win wrote:I think Doug makes a very important about the absence of their top two strikers. De Michelis guilty of two horrendous errors. First shirt tugging in the area which he was very lucky to get away with and then allowing a forward to waltz past him for the missed sitter just before half time. Vinnie back on Wednesday? Can't come soon enough.

Our defence was shite , luckily for us they fucked up their chances otherwise we might have needed to score 4 !

You're probably right. Kompany and Lescott it is then.

We also had 22 shot s on goal to their 9. Could've been a great score if all those had gone in ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:58 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

We also had 22 shot s on goal to their 9. Could've been a great score if all those had gone in ;-)

To be honest I dont rate Lescott, Demi (Who should never get a game unless of injuries to others) and am not over the moon with Nasty either...2 need replacing , end of.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:24 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

To be honest I dont rate Lescott, Demi (Who should never get a game unless of injuries to others) and am not over the moon with Nasty either...2 need replacing , end of.

Looking at the way Vinnie goes down we could look at changing more. However, I'd rather have Lescott who can play in his natural position and although I've liked a few things that Big D has done, I'm not overly impressed with him overall. Good back-up but not a starter for me. Lescott a far better option at the moment.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum