The Weeks Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Weeks Games

Postby PrezIke » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:55 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Is Pep really that good? Yes they won the Bundesliga but that league isn't good (Dortmund had an awful run of injuries)and Pep inerited a great squad already. And now look, Barcelona look average. The possession game doesn't work as well anymore it seems

maybe, but they've looked quite dangerous tonight. their weaknesses in defence (who doesn't have this issue today it seems?) and madrid's ability to hit on the counter with all of their pace and skill on the wings/up front is the risk. if this was in munich the scoreline might be different.

we also saw pepe also ruin one of their most dangerous looking attacks via a faux injury that he could have...sorry, should have been carded for if you ask me. bayern then kindly stopped playing, even though they seemed to know it was bollocks, and then madrid not so kindly kicked the ball down the pitch to neuer after the stoppage.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:28 pm

Sounds like Coentrao ran a little but too wild on left. Lahm in midfield backfired?
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby zuricity » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:41 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Sounds like Coentrao ran a little but too wild on left. Lahm in midfield backfired?

How do you work that out ?

Bayern and Lahm got stronger as the game went on and should be going home with a goal. Götze should have scored.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:13 pm

zuricity wrote:
How do you work that out ?

Bayern and Lahm got stronger as the game went on and should be going home with a goal. Götze should have scored.

I didn't watch the match. That was a question.

But if you're referring to when Gotze came on, that was after Lahm was moved to right back when Javi Martinez came on in the middle
Saul Goodman

Postby zuricity » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:41 am

Saul Goodman wrote:
I didn't watch the match. That was a question.

But if you're referring to when Gotze came on, that was after Lahm was moved to right back when Javi Martinez came on in the middle

So you didn't see the game ? Then you wouldn't know that even towards the end Lahm spent most if his time pushing forward trying to create the equaliser. Spending most of his time in an attacking role.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:52 am

Saul Goodman wrote:Sounds like Coentrao ran a little but too wild on left. Lahm in midfield backfired?

You are correct.

Lahm was playing centrally & Bayern got taken to the cleaners down the left. They should be out of it now but tragically bad finishing has left them probably favourites. And when Lahm did move to his normal position, Bayern looked like scoring.

Boateng & Dante are such a weak link though, that it's not impossible they could ship ten on the break.

We were very unlucky to face the Bayern team we did at our place. They can always keep possession in any game, but they have never passed the ball with such speed & confidence & run off the ball as they did v City; we really did catch them at their best that day.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Bluedj » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:46 am

Well regardless of results, comment etc, that was a great game of football for the neutral and I have to say (May get slatted) but Webb did a great job of reffing and let the game flow, unlike the c@nt reffing us vs Barca
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:22 pm

zuricity wrote:
So you didn't see the game ? Then you wouldn't know that even towards the end Lahm spent most if his time pushing forward trying to create the equaliser. Spending most of his time in an attacking role.

Sorry mate but it looks like you can't read. You appear to be trying to have a go at me for something but all you're doing is emphasizing my point.

I did know that Lahm spent his time pushing forward at the end. But guess what, he was back at RB at that point, not in central midfield where he started the match.

So, like Ted said, looks like Lahm starting in midfield backfired on Pep...which os the question I asked. Thanks Ted for answering it.
Saul Goodman

Postby zuricity » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:14 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
Sorry mate but it looks like you can't read. You appear to be trying to have a go at me for something but all you're doing is emphasizing my point.

I did know that Lahm spent his time pushing forward at the end. But guess what, he was back at RB at that point, not in central midfield where he started the match.

So, like Ted said, looks like Lahm starting in midfield backfired on Pep...which os the question I asked. Thanks Ted for answering it.

Nope not having a go at you at all. Why on earth do you think that ?

Considering the possession and dominance Bayern had last night , the chances they had, they were unfortunate to go home without the draw.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:49 pm

Agreed.
Saul Goodman

Postby Goataldo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:35 pm

Fascinating game between Benfica - Juventus. (1-0).

I miss Tevez' endeavours. As I write this he scores an absolutely fantastic goal.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Goataldo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:36 pm

And Pirlo's passing is just a joy to behold.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby PeterParker » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:45 pm

And the ref going pro Juve like in the Moggi era.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Lev Bronstein » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:46 pm

Jeez what a goal from Benfica
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby PrezIke » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:54 pm

Yesssss!!!
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:21 pm

So we want Chelsea to win today right? They've already massively helped us by beating Liverpool so we now want them tired and in 2 competitions to ensure they have a worse chance of rivaling us in the league, right?

All that said, I really want Atl to win the double this season
Saul Goodman

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:37 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:So we want Chelsea to win today right? They've already massively helped us by beating Liverpool so we now want them tired and in 2 competitions to ensure they have a worse chance of rivaling us in the league, right?

Tbh, I'd sooner see them go out. Anything that feeds Mourinho is not a good thing. If they get to final and win it again it will put them in pole position for signings again. Remember Hazard chose Chelsea primarily because they had won Champs league.

The title is in our own destiny. We don't need and more importantly, shouldn't need any more help from Chelsea.

Plus it would be a better final to see an all Madrid affair. The first time two clubs from same city will have contested the final
nottsblue

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Blue Since 76 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:40 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:So we want Chelsea to win today right? They've already massively helped us by beating Liverpool so we now want them tired and in 2 competitions to ensure they have a worse chance of rivaling us in the league, right?

No, I want to see them get taken to extra time, pick up a few more injuries and ultimately lose
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zuricity » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:41 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Tbh, I'd sooner see them go out. Anything that feeds Mourinho is not a good thing. If they get to final and win it again it will put them in pole position for signings again. Remember Hazard chose Chelsea primarily because they had won Champs league.

The title is in our own destiny. We don't need and more importantly, shouldn't need any more help from Chelsea.

Plus it would be a better final to see an all Madrid affair. The first time two clubs from same city will have contested the final

rags vs Bayern ? :-) aren't they both from salford.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:55 pm

Chelsea's team has six, yes six, defenders in it. So much for John Terry being out for season. Looks like he doesn't want to lose first and win the game second
nottsblue

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum