6 Month Contract For Mancini?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: 6 Month Contract For Mancini?

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:44 pm

Socrates wrote:
john68 wrote:
dazby wrote:How do you know that John?

I thought it was reasonably commom knowledge.
It has been publicised in the press that we have been sounding out the availability of certain managers...Hiddink's agent confirmed that. At the same time, Neither Mourinho nor Hiddink are available to suit our immediate timescale. Cook admitted Mancini was sounded out 3 weeks ago. Before the Arsenal and Chelsea wins. After the Spurs loss, Hughes was considered "FAILED" and a replacement was needed.

By giving Mancini only 6 months, it leaves all our options open in the summer. Should he succeed, he gets the gig. Should he fail, we move onto one of our other choices...without having to pay any "goodriddance" pay to Mancini.

A rather clever bit of business.As we will probably know the fate of Mancini, one way or the other, before the end of the season, we can have the next "victim" in the gaffer's seat as soon as the season's final whistle has blown.

Fuckin good business that.

We spoke to Mancini AND checked for availability of others for a short list. Doesn't mean that they were preferred to him just that they were considered!

And to others talking about 4th place, I don't know if that will be the actual target or if they will merely carry forward Hughes' 70 point target, which now equates to 67 points when extrapolated to the end of the season.

I think he's going to need top 4 or we'll be watching Jose poncing around the touchline next season.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:11 pm

Without a shadow of a doubt its a 6 month contract with a further three if the target is met.

Which as has been stated, is a terrific win-win situation for City.

I don't know how this guy's gonna get on - I don't know how Hiddink would have got on - because it is such an unprecedented task that HAS to be achieved.... top four or you're out.

I will say this though, although hiddink did well steering the ship at Chelsea, its not the same thing and he's a lot older than Mancini.

I did say whoever the manager is that makes us successful, I just hope that he's young and has us playing attacking football... I did say it would be a benefit if he was British, but hey ho, that choice wasn't there.

So all in all, he ticks MOST of my boxes and as a replacement, I'm reasonably happy from the off. If he proves he can do it between now and the end of the season, then we will be glad we didn't go for hiddink, because it takes years of winning to become dominant, rather than a flash in the pan two or three years like Chelsea had.

We keep being compared to Chelsea, but its United I want to emulate.
Original Dub

Postby irblinx » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:40 pm

john68 wrote:
dazby wrote:How do you know that John?

I thought it was reasonably commom knowledge.
It has been publicised in the press that we have been sounding out the availability of certain managers...Hiddink's agent confirmed that. At the same time, Neither Mourinho nor Hiddink are available to suit our immediate timescale. Cook admitted Mancini was sounded out 3 weeks ago.

Not sure you could call that conclusive, they might have spoken to ten managers but that doesn't preclude the idea of Mancini being first choice and he could even have been spoken to first.
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Grob » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:05 pm

If we are not top 4 by the end of the season or havnt shown a marked improvement from where we are now and the results we are producing, i would imagine Mancini would be given the bullet.

He's been given his objectives and thats what his record will live and die by. Isnt it the same for any manager.

So whether its 6 months or 3 and a half years is irrellevent almost.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Mark Garrett » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:15 pm

Are fans on here happy that he would be given the bullet if he didn't get top 4 this season?? I don't like the idea of sacking a manager if we don't get top 4 this season. So what if we finish 6th or 5th or just miss out, are we going to keep sacking managers?? If this is a precedent that these owners are setting then it's not right at all.
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:24 pm

The money has changed everything Mark. The fast forward button has been pressed no point taking the finger off it. We hang around building brick by brick you bet those cunts in UEFA/FIFA will collude with the established brands, sorry, clubs, to piss on our fireworks. We have to head like the wind for the sunbead by the pool and fuck everyone else. If Mancini is the man with the smile at the end of it I'm glad but he knows the score, hes been in the top echelon of football all his career and he's certainly not some wide eyed innocent like bruce who seems to think he can voice his opinion without sounding like a complete hypocrite.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:58 pm

Socrates wrote:
Burt wrote:
Socrates wrote:I took it to mean a 6 month review. If he gets anywhere close to the 1.84 points per game that Hughes was set as a target then it won't be in doubt.

And if he doesn't, he'll be off like a jews foreskin and it'll be next for shaving.

This is the Arabs first appointment mate, give 'em chance before you makepresumptions about them.

The clever is the LAD the most undersignable are HIS statement.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum