This Weeks Other Games | 20-22 Dec 14

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: This Weeks Other Games | 20-22 Dec 14

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:50 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
nottsblue wrote:WTF. Red for Agbonlahor. Le Tiss saying a bit harsh?

Very harsh. Was a little late but not reckless or malicous at all. Should have been a yellow.

Funny that.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:50 pm

Credit to Villa. Think everyone expected them to cave in at 1-1 and even more so when they went down to ten unfairly but in the end they looked more likely to nick it.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Slim » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:58 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Credit to Villa. Think everyone expected them to cave in at 1-1 and even more so when they went down to ten unfairly but in the end they looked more likely to nick it.

Weird thing was, after they went to 10 I thought it more likely they'd hold on.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:05 pm

"We deserved to win the game and Villa got a goal against the run of play in the first half...". This man is the England fucking god-damned captain for fuck's sake, how can anyone be so clueless? They were outplayed for 50-55 minutes by a team in poor form towards the wrong end of the table and who had seven first choice players missing
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby phips » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:17 pm

perfect hat trick for Austin. Redknapp better be sucking him off on the reg because without him QPR would be relegated
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby nottsblue » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:24 pm

nottsblue wrote:WBA look like going into the Boxing day fixture with a solid away win. Not a good Xmas for 'Arry it would seem. Nice to see Lescott getting a goal

Funny old game. Lol
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Slim » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:32 pm

That whole team looks like they could be on Footballers Castaway. Have a look how many players who were surplus to requirements at other sides they had on the pitch.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:49 pm

Slim wrote:That whole team looks like they could be on Footballers Castaway. Have a look how many players who were surplus to requirements at other sides they had on the pitch.

That used to be City, in the good old bad old days, not so long ago.

How times change!
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:57 pm

nottsblue wrote:Save journey home Beefy

Cheers pal, home safe and sound and just made the game after getting off the Chunnel. Great result which was followed by another decent one with the Rags drawing.

Only downside was having to listen to 5 Live and their constant Rag love-in, even during our half-time break.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:13 am

Just seen highlights of the rags' game & it appears they have got away with one again.

They seem to think they dropped two points. Looked to me like they scrawped one, against ten men.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby sheblue » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:11 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Just seen highlights of the rags' game & it appears they have got away with one again.

They seem to think they dropped two points. Looked to me like they scrawped one, against ten men.

Typical. It was just typical and not a surprise that stupid decision.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:05 am

:Lee Mason and his usual cuntish bent decision trying to help out this season's new title favourites. Something seriously has to be done about these referees as they are deciding who comes where in the league to a shocking extent these days. And don't get me started on Dowd.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:17 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote::Lee Mason and his usual cuntish bent decision trying to help out this season's new title favourites. Something seriously has to be done about these referees as they are deciding who comes where in the league to a shocking extent these days. And don't get me started on Dowd.

But who sorts them out? They've been doing this for years yet nothing gets done and they're there for the next game to do the same.

Seems to me that their paymasters are more than happy with their performance which suggests this is what they actually want.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:23 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote::Lee Mason and his usual cuntish bent decision trying to help out this season's new title favourites. Something seriously has to be done about these referees as they are deciding who comes where in the league to a shocking extent these days. And don't get me started on Dowd.

But who sorts them out? They've been doing this for years yet nothing gets done and they're there for the next game to do the same.

Seems to me that their paymasters are more than happy with their performance which suggests this is what they actually want.

Dowd is incompetent rather than bent, Beefy. Yesterday he was telling Hart to hurry up with his goal kicks when it was nil-nil, as if he was time wasting! They surely can't want this kind of standard of refereeing throughout the game? Mason on the other hand, well, that's a different kettle of fish(y).
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:29 am

Tbh, I don't think the rags have had quite so many dreadfully bent decisions in the last two seasons. Every now & then, they get one game where the ref is basically on their team, but it used to be every other week. The non pens v City, were clear ref bollting it like the old days but the offside goals; I recon they have just been supernaturally stuffy in everything this season & the offsides have just been flukes, like everything else.

The biggest difference is the way they are reported, compared to the way for instance our let off yesterday was reported.

Imo, the lino was unlucky yesterday that the ball moved back quickly, & he was stranded in a bad position. But from that position, no way could he judge Fernandinho to be playing the Palace player on; it's impossible. Similarly, the rags have had several goals, where they have got a touch & then a bloke has scored from an utterly offside position.

The lino can't see it. It's just pure good luck on their part same as it was for us v Palace (except theirs were matchwinners).

Their lino's get a bit of sympathy, ours gets a public flogging. That's the difference.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:07 am

They have had it tough over the last couple of seasons but I put that down to the piss-can departing and that the Rags seemingly wanting to cut their budget, not bringing in the high profile players.

This season I think we've had it about right, some good and some bad which I can accept. However, in the CL I think we've been fucked over on a few occassions which sort of says that we're now established, and accepted in the PL but not so in the CL.

I think we'll see more and more go for the Rags in the near future, just because it's them.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:17 am

Beefymcfc wrote:

The men they are answerable to are Howard Webb MBE and PGMOL General Manager Mike Riley.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:19 am

Beefymcfc wrote:They have had it tough over the last couple of seasons but I put that down to the piss-can departing and that the Rags seemingly wanting to cut their budget, not bringing in the high profile players.

This season I think we've had it about right, some good and some bad which I can accept. However, in the CL I think we've been fucked over on a few occassions which sort of says that we're now established, and accepted in the PL but not so in the CL.

I think we'll see more and more go for the Rags in the near future, just because it's them.

It's possible, because I realised with the Ferguson team, what used to happen was that the rags would only get one or two big decisions in the first half of the season (some poor cunt from Birmingham sent off for fuck all at 0-0 or something), then round about this time, as things got tough, suddenly the refs would kick in, & what cold have been a 15 point deficit, became suddenly, instead, a 3 point lead.

So it could still be on the cards. It would usually coincide with refs docking us or whoever their challengers may be, about 10-15 points at the same time.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:21 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

The men they are answerable to are Howard Webb MBE and PGMOL General Manager Mike Riley.

Say no more.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:24 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Say no more.

The other chap's not exactly got the most impartial of reputations either. How the fuck did he get an MBE? Well I know how, but I can't believe it.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum