Brendan Rodgers

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Brendan Rodgers

Postby bigblue » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:30 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:
“I know how it goes,” Rodgers said. “Six or seven months ago I was the manager of the year and I was going to be this and that, tactically this and tactically that, and now, because we have lost two world-class players, I am useless. But I accept that. I must have just dreamt that about Liverpool playing 3-4-3 in the last game [the Capital One Cup victory at Bournemouth]. What do people think that was, a bit of luck? A British coach playing 3-4-3? A foreign coach doing that would be a tactical genius. I imagine people think I fell into that system through a stroke of luck or something.“

What an insufferable gobshite.

Nice little dig in the Guardian for the pre-match buildup and sums up what most people think about him:

All hail The Great Brendinho! Seriously, all hail him. Now. This is not a test. He really wants us to hail him and things could get testy if we don’t. Look: “The other night it was a British coach playing 3-4-3 so he has probably thrown the team together,” The Great Brendinho spake. “‘He has played seven midfielders?’ If it was a foreign coach it would probably have been seen as a wonderful tactical idea of playing the game. ‘Sterling playing through the middle – what is he doing? [Lazar] Markovic out wide?’ But that is the key for us – trying to get the players in position who can make us effective.”

Aren’t humans needy? This, remember, was The Great Brendinho speaking after a spectacular 3-1 dismantling of Bournemouth in the Capital One Cup, so just imagine how much praise he’d be showering himself with if he’d come up with this masterplan for a game of genuine significance, a Champions League final, say, or maybe a title-deciding game against, ooohhhh, I don’t know, Chelsea at home. Lest we forget, the use of the same formation three days earlier against Manchester United saw Liverpool depart Old Trafford with their tails between their legs after a 3-0 defeat, so perhaps Rodgers shouldn’t get too carried away. After all, there’s every chance Arsenal are going to ram Rodgers’s trumpet down his throat while he’s blowing on it. And then he’d choke on it.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:34 pm

A tactical genius would have spent the 100 million wisely.....does he not know how it goes when he buys 100 million pounds on turkeys?

What a nauseating piece of trash he is.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:54 pm

Craig Bellamy has just pointed out, that Liverpool could end up 3v3 at the back against Giroud, Wellbeck & Sanchez, and 'will have to be careful' that doesn't happen.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dameerto » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:57 pm

One thing that could make it not happen is sacking Brenda 'the Emperor's New Clothes' Rodgers. I will even steal a Latin motto to celebrate.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Dameerto » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:58 pm

3-4-3 as a starting tactic in the league is the stuff of doom.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby dick dastardley » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:03 pm

Will the ref buckle at liverfool like they usually do??
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby bigblue » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:04 pm

I'm hoping arse destroy them by 5 or 6 goals. As the world slips away, brenda gets more needy, and it's wonderful to watch. Very few things are better than seeing a loudmouth get pubically shutup
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:10 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:
“I know how it goes,” Rodgers said. “Six or seven months ago I was the manager of the year and I was going to be this and that, tactically this and tactically that, and now, because we have lost two world-class players, I am useless. But I accept that. I must have just dreamt that about Liverpool playing 3-4-3 in the last game [the Capital One Cup victory at Bournemouth]. What do people think that was, a bit of luck? A British coach playing 3-4-3? A foreign coach doing that would be a tactical genius. I imagine people think I fell into that system through a stroke of luck or something.“

What an insufferable gobshite.

All's I see there is just one big 'i'.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby dick dastardley » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:29 pm

Brendas defence is pretty poor, maybe they should play Bournemouth every week
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby bigblue » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:49 pm

nice little black power salute after scouse scored today

http://gfycat.com/dentalmiserlydassie
Last edited by bigblue on Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby bigblue » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:01 pm

that was a tactical mastercalss by brenda again
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Original Dub » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:14 pm

What's the bets he says that goal will give them belief, momentum etc?

A late leveller. At home. Against a shite Arsenal side.

I can feel it in my waters...
Original Dub

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:55 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:A tactical genius would have spent the 100 million wisely.....does he not know how it goes when he buys 100 million pounds on turkeys?

What a nauseating piece of trash he is.

It's £215m spent by Benda in 2 years. It certainly takes a very special talent to spend that amount and be mid table and win fuck all. U can put a microphone to a pigs mouth and ask it to tell the world what a genius it is ....but at the end of the day it's still a pig.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:00 pm

Rodgers after match interview: 'I said to the players before the game today: "Ex nihilo nihil fit" and explained to them that this means if they play with the passion that is expected at Liverpool Football Club, and use their skills and their on-field game-management, then we can win this game, or that we might even lose it, or get a draw - and I was right...'
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby zuricity » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:37 pm

From the BBC.

"He expects to have Daniel Sturridge back after the Christmas period. "That will be really exciting for this team. Put him back in and we will be back to that flow in our game and results hopefully."

Scouse 2 a one man team ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:35 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:We need Rodgers to stay & keep them average to shit. Therefore it's better if they get to the final of that competition, & also better that Chelsea have an extra potentially tough game.

We have to go to Anfield 4 days after we play Barca, but not if they are in the Final, they will be playing that instead, & we get a day off.

Absolutely. We need to big Brenda up, so that he doesn't get prematurely ejected like Moysie.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Herb » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:49 pm

I think you should all stop knocking Brenda - he's a head-up-his own-arse gobshite of the most ridiculous order but you've got to admit it . . he's as funny as fuck isn't he?
The way he puffed himself up and crowed like a rooster about winning the league and then won not a stitch, the way he's taken the suarez fee, the dippers emergency fund, content of his kids money box & the tea money and squandered it on a bunch of average players in the hope that 6 average might equal 1 Suarez . . A tragedy to the red dippers but an unadulterated comedy to the rest of football.
This comedy has only run so far because the red dipper owners and fans are not the brightest of bears so let's keep quiet about Rogers being the dickwipe he obviously is because the last thing we want is for the dippers to catch on to the fact and sack the tosser.

Better that we laugh quietly in the hope that they give him the family jewels to squander at the next salute - be nice to see the dippers destitute and Roger's just might do that if given time . . I can wait.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:48 am

When they fall 40 points behind us I'll ease off the smarmy full of shit cunt
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:55 am

Bianchi on Ice wrote:When they fall 40 points behind us I'll ease off the smarmy full of shit cunt

I said to the missus yesterday (liverpool fan) that this time last year they were top of the league and now they are 17 points behind us......apparently I have to stop living in the past mwahahahahahahaha
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby s1ty m » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:20 am

The longer he stays, the better. It's great fun.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum