Any old irons

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Any old irons

Postby CuteMancs » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:23 am

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Any old irons

Postby Slim » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:35 am

For the first time in a long time I am dreading this week's game.

Even when we were shit, at least there was the hoping for an upset. Now there is expectation and we can only really fuck it up...which we've been doing very well just recently.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:21 pm

Slim wrote:For the first time in a long time I am dreading this week's game.

Even when we were shit, at least there was the hoping for an upset. Now there is expectation and we can only really fuck it up...which we've been doing very well just recently.

Same.

We could be playing virtually anyone and I'd feel like we were capable of fucking up.

6 pts from our last 6 matches in the league I think. Throw in some CL failures and its been for me the most depressing time since the takeover.

At least when Hughes was struggling with a million draws in a row we had an inkling he was punching above his weight with us as he snuck in prior to the Sheikh. Now, we are just a bunch of fuck ups.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby nottsblue » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:31 pm

Both managers will be happy with 3-0. Lol.

Fairly despondent bunch, aren't they.

Don't think it will be a mullering myself. Any old win will do at this stage and I think we will get it
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PrezIke » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:56 pm

Their team is also in free fall with Sam looking to be on his way out.

Hard to know what will happen, as we are hard to predict at this point, but I hope our fans show the team support during the game. We will need the boost.

Good news is Southampton have lost so Liverpool is now the greatest threat to us dropping out of the top 4.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:17 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Slim wrote:For the first time in a long time I am dreading this week's game.

Same.

We could be playing virtually anyone and I'd feel like we were capable of fucking up.

6 pts from our last 6 matches in the league I think. Throw in some CL failures and its been for me the most depressing time since the takeover.

At least when Hughes was struggling with a million draws in a row we had an inkling he was punching above his weight with us as he snuck in prior to the Sheikh. Now, we are just a bunch of fuck ups.

Cheers

I think the phrase (borrowed from across town) is 'in transition' :-)
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:40 pm

The problem is that Fat Sam has figured out how to beat City.

He pointed this out last time.
Original Dub

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:45 pm

How they aren't more optimistic i will never know
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:18 am

Moonchesteri wrote:How they aren't more optimistic i will never know

Because they are a lot like us?

Any other week I will more than likely hope they win. Today I hope they lose comfortably.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:39 am

he is the most sophisticated manager in the league dont you know.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby walmai » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:11 am

It is an any old Iron vibe to the team today, in fact, with an almost guarantee that you're lining up against a team which by necessity includes Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan and James Collins. And the worry is that Cole and Nolan may be required to play the full 90, given the injury problems we have with other players.

I can't see Amalfitano and Jarvis starting by the way. Not both of them.

And the reality is that this is as close a game of attack vs defence for 90 minutes as is possible in a Prem League match.

The only likely threat to your dominance will be Kouyate, who, having gone to the ACoN, has returned to lay a stake as being our midfield general next season. If he is fully charged and ready, he'll give Yaya a game today.

However, the team as a whole is running on vapours, with a coach in the dugout for what are being heralded as his last half dozen matches in the job.

If we score, but lose by the odd goal, I'd be delighted.
If we draw, I'd be stunned.

Have a trip down memory lane....
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:32 am

walmai wrote:It is an any old Iron vibe to the team today, in fact, with an almost guarantee that you're lining up against a team which by necessity includes Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan and James Collins. And the worry is that Cole and Nolan may be required to play the full 90, given the injury problems we have with other players.

I can't see Amalfitano and Jarvis starting by the way. Not both of them.

And the reality is that this is as close a game of attack vs defence for 90 minutes as is possible in a Prem League match.

The only likely threat to your dominance will be Kouyate, who, having gone to the ACoN, has returned to lay a stake as being our midfield general next season. If he is fully charged and ready, he'll give Yaya a game today.

However, the team as a whole is running on vapours, with a coach in the dugout for what are being heralded as his last half dozen matches in the job.

If we score, but lose by the odd goal, I'd be delighted.
If we draw, I'd be stunned.

Have a trip down memory lane....

Great link. Top fans. Always had a soft spot for the Hammers, probably down to Morley and Bishop going there.

Think it will be tighter than you think
nottsblue

Postby walmai » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:42 am

You've got Aguero and Dzeko available, with Silva and others supplying the bullets? I'd like to think you've got a point, but, given that we suffer up there when we're reasonably close to full strength, I can't be confident at all.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:27 am

walmai wrote:You've got Aguero and Dzeko available, with Silva and others supplying the bullets? I'd like to think you've got a point, but, given that we suffer up there when we're reasonably close to full strength, I can't be confident at all.

On paper we should have enough in the locker to win, and win well. Didn't quite work out v Burnley who scored their only goal in the last six to win or Palace.

Football, as they say, is a funny old game sometimes. I didnt think we'd get beat at your place earlier in season either
nottsblue

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:05 pm

Support was poor today. Leas than 1k? Thats unusual for WHU as they are usually a vocal support.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Return to The Maine Football forum