Dodgy form? Top of the league, mate!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Dodgy form? Top of the league, mate!

Postby Tony P » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:15 pm

A very good sign.
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Re: Dodgy form? Top of the league, mate!

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:36 pm

Tony P wrote:A very good sign.

You'd take it wouldn't you....all the way 'til May.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:41 pm

This is where we need to kick-on and nail the rest of the fuckers.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Tony P » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:47 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Tony P wrote:A very good sign.

You'd take it wouldn't you....all the way 'til May.

Definitely. Other teams losing points too. All good.
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Original Dub » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:50 pm

Top of the league, qualified for the next round of the chumps league with two games to spare, last 8 of the cup....

And there's fucktards who want to get rid of the manager and director of football.

I hope they feel as fucking stupid as they deserve to.

Idiots
Original Dub

Postby gaudy » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:08 pm

To be fair I think questions still need to be asked about pellets.
I'm not calling for his head but some decisions are completely baffling and have you pulling your hair out.

Other teams doing shit in the league doesn't justify his decisions, last 8 cup is nothing to shout about, id manage it with that squad,getting through the group stage of chumps league has been fantastic but coming 2nd and going into the next round I'm hardly brimming with confidence as its a huge step up and I'm not sure if he has the tactical brain to deal with what's ahead.
Bigger premier league teams have figured us out, so I'm pretty sure CL teams will. I hope I'm proven wrong though
gaudy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Plain Speaking » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:03 pm

You have to take into account the fixtures.

We have some very tough games near the end of the season. Last 5 matches we have Chelsea away, Stoke (h), Southampton (a), Arsenal (h), then finishing with Swansea away.

Dropped points now, (eg Villa and Liverpool at home), could end up costing us the PL?

Saturday was a slight improvement, but our performances generally have been poor, with the exception of Sevilla.

If we stay involved in CL and FA cups, the above late PL fixtures, will be even more difficult.

In contrast if we assume rags and Arsenal will be our 2 main rivals:
Rags finish with Villa (h), West Ham (a), Leicester (h), Norwich (a) and Finally Bournemouth (h)
Arsenal have Palace (h), Sunderland (a), Norwich (h), Us (a) and finally Villa (h).
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:49 am

Plain Speaking wrote:You have to take into account the fixtures.

We have some very tough games near the end of the season. Last 5 matches we have Chelsea away, Stoke (h), Southampton (a), Arsenal (h), then finishing with Swansea away.

Dropped points now, (eg Villa and Liverpool at home), could end up costing us the PL?

Saturday was a slight improvement, but our performances generally have been poor, with the exception of Sevilla.

If we stay involved in CL and FA cups, the above late PL fixtures, will be even more difficult.

Rags finish with Villa (h), West Ham (a), Leicester (h), Norwich (a) and Finally Bournemouth (h)
Arsenal have Palace (h), Sunderland (a), Norwich (h), Us (a) and finally Villa (h).

Those last fixtures always throw up nightmares for top teams when playing teams scrapping for their lives. The easiest run ins on paper always seem to turn out the trickiest. Arsenal potentially have a nightmare of a run in there with banana skins everywhere.

We have a potential problem if Chelsea haven't secured a place in Europe by then, whilst the others likely will have nothing to play for by then other than Arsenal, where we have home advantage.

I feel pretty relaxed about that run in
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:37 am

gaudy wrote:To be fair I think questions still need to be asked about pellets.
I'm not calling for his head but some decisions are completely baffling and have you pulling your hair out.

Other teams doing shit in the league doesn't justify his decisions, last 8 cup is nothing to shout about, id manage it with that squad,getting through the group stage of chumps league has been fantastic but coming 2nd and going into the next round I'm hardly brimming with confidence as its a huge step up and I'm not sure if he has the tactical brain to deal with what's ahead.
Bigger premier league teams have figured us out, so I'm pretty sure CL teams will. I hope I'm proven wrong though

Group stage of CL isn't over, we can still top the group.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:38 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:You have to take into account the fixtures.

Those last fixtures always throw up nightmares for top teams when playing teams scrapping for their lives. The easiest run ins on paper always seem to turn out the trickiest. Arsenal potentially have a nightmare of a run in there with banana skins everywhere.

We have a potential problem if Chelsea haven't secured a place in Europe by then, whilst the others likely will have nothing to play for by then other than Arsenal, where we have home advantage.

I feel pretty relaxed about that run in

My thoughts exactly when I read that post, I hate playing relegation threatened sides in the run-in.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby sheblue » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:06 am

Yes its not all doom and gloom, but there are issues.
Would really love to see us going on a good run, and ultimately go and win the league with a bit to spare, it is there for the taking this season. We have the potential and squad to do that, but I am not totally convinced we will do it. I don't want Pelligrini replaced now, but I cant help the niggling feeling that his tactics and decision making will prevent this team from fulfilling its full potential. .
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Ezz » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:41 am

I think we would all be more gutted it if we lost him - more than Mancini. I think everyone agrees that Mancini loved city and we all loved him, but he had issues that Pellegrini has never had. He is a proper leader and has dealt with loss of form of quite a few players, difficult issues such as cakegate, kompany playing for belgium when not ready to play for us, speculation about guardiola - stuff that other managers may have called out in the press and possibly caused unrest in the dressing room.

Pellegrini has managed this stuff well - and I think this has probably helped us not suffer from long runs of bad form. (touch wood - gulp...)
Ezz
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:57 am

Ezz wrote:I think we would all be more gutted it if we lost him - more than Mancini. I think everyone agrees that Mancini loved city and we all loved him, but he had issues that Pellegrini has never had. He is a proper leader and has dealt with loss of form of quite a few players, difficult issues such as cakegate, kompany playing for belgium when not ready to play for us, speculation about guardiola - stuff that other managers may have called out in the press and possibly caused unrest in the dressing room.

Pellegrini has managed this stuff well - and I think this has probably helped us not suffer from long runs of bad form. (touch wood - gulp...)

If the owners can get Pep the Count will be through the door faster than a fat kid at an all you can eat buffet.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Tru_Blu » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:32 pm

This pretty much sums up what i think of all the non-footballers thinking

http://www.mcfcforum.com/latest-news/78 ... oing-wrong?

Last week even the usually sensible crowd at MCFCForum had a thread opened entitled Pellegrini out which came as a surprise. Not the fact that somebody voiced their opinion, that's what the forum section of the website is for but more the nature of the thread and how poorly City's season is going. When we look at the season as a whole after 14 games it has to be the performances which has cuased such a reaction on Social Media, Forums and across the press I mean let's break it down.

premier leagueIt must be down to our position in the premier league, oh hang on a minute we're top and even after the disaster at Liverpool we fell to third in the table in a match which came straight after international duties.

OK if it's not the premier league it must be our disastrous Champions League showing, oh hang on a minute we're still in that competition and have qualified out of the group stages. Only Juventus who haven't lost a match yet head us in our table and if we had managed a win against them we may well have headed the group. Could that match coming so close after the Liverpool game have been a factor in the first 11 selection at Liverpool?

Okay if it's not the Premier League or the champipons league it must be our disastrous cup runs, Oh hold on a minute our next game is a last 8 game in the Capital Cup and the FA Cup hasn't started yet. We could well be going to Wembley if we can win a couple more games in that competition.

Right if it's not our position in the table it must be our style of play, yep that must be it. We must be scraping awful 1-0 wins with game stifling displays of mundane boredom. What do you mean we are the Premier Leagues top goalscorers, We can't be our top two up top Silva & Aguero aren't having great seasons and have been out for long periods with injuries.

Well if we are the top goalscorers we must be conceding at the back, What we have the fourth best defence with only Manure / Arse and Spurs having conceded less. That cannot be right as that would indicate a team playing well in a formation which allows good attacking football whilst protecting it's back four and goalkeeper. Nah you must have it wrong somewhere,the boo-boys must have something to complain about. They pay their money week-in week out and aren't enjoying what Pellegrini and the squad are putting in front of them,

I mean how else are the press able to keep heaping pressure on our squad with the continual stories of Pep coming to join us, I mean it was nailed on last summer, or was that the summer before I cannot remember now. Guardiola is an excellent manager and any team in Europe would be happy to have him but would I really throw our manager under the bus so easily in order that we can get replace him with another who will then need to team-build again.

I'm quite happy as a City fan looking down on the rest of the premier league and wondering when we will get our squad back so we can push on and see what the rest of this season will bring. I mean most of the squads we are competing with are yet to have their major injury crisis and we are competing with them successfully using our full squad. Maybe that means we have to put up with the occasional Liverpool performance or a surprise like VIlla but overall I would back what we have now against anybody in England and most in Europe.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby getdressedmctavish » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:17 pm

Trying to pretend its all great is stupid. Any one who watches objectively can see a myriad of short comings. Fuck me we had Caballero in goal yesterday. Are people trying to say he is less than absolute wank?what we have is a large phenomenally expensive squad of mainly gifted players and we should be running away with this league and playing fantasy football. We are doing neither but that is the goal of the owners and the directors. Anything less wont do, end of.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:19 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:Trying to pretend its all great is stupid. Any one who watches objectively can see a myriad of short comings. Fuck me we had Caballero in goal yesterday. Are people trying to say he is less than absolute wank?what we have is a large phenomenally expensive squad of mainly gifted players and we should be running away with this league and playing fantasy football. We are doing neither but that is the goal of the owners and the directors. Anything less wont do, end of.

What the fuck have we become?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby john@staustell » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:20 pm

Success really warps people's perceptions.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:23 pm

john@staustell wrote:Success really warps people's perceptions.

It's fucking horrible, it really is, this sense of entitlement and spoilt brattishness ( don't care if that's not a word ) has infested our fanbase and it's turning us into them.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby edge275 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:25 pm

We need to make sure we have either Ancelotti or Guardiola in charge for next season as Pellegrini isn't good enough for where we want to be.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby john@staustell » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:46 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Success really warps people's perceptions.

It's fucking horrible, it really is, this sense of entitlement and spoilt brattishness ( don't care if that's not a word ) has infested our fanbase and it's turning us into them.

Indeed.

You could take the view that Pellegrini worked absolute miracles at both Vilareal and Malaga - the latter when his players were sold and yet they were only cheated out of the CF semi-final by some undistinguished refereeing.

In which case, given some of the stuff he has to put up with out there right now - we could be far. far worse with someone else!

In any case I think someone should tell all the other PL clubs we are supposed to win and who the hell do they think they are?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum