Adam Johnson arrested

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Adam Johnson arrested

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:48 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Just for clarity, he admitted sexually activity. It does not state that this was intercourse.

Again I am.not defending him. Just making sure that people are reading the article now it's here in blue and white.

I think the name of the crime is 'sexual activity with a child', and there is no distinction in the law between 'activities', only in sentencing (alongside other factors taken into account). Not too sure on this, but I think it's also partly to protect the victim from stigmatisation...

Maximum sentence for what he has already pleaded guilty to is 14 yrs

so is he going to jail or what? I can't figure it out.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:11 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Just for clarity, he admitted sexually activity. It does not state that this was intercourse.

Again I am.not defending him. Just making sure that people are reading the article now it's here in blue and white.

I think the name of the crime is 'sexual activity with a child', and there is no distinction in the law between 'activities', only in sentencing (alongside other factors taken into account). Not too sure on this, but I think it's also partly to protect the victim from stigmatisation...

cheers

He has pleaded not guilty to 2 charges so there is a trial expected to last about 10 days. He will be sentenced after that.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby nottsblue » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:36 pm

Ain't no way he is not going to do some porridge.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:48 pm

If he does time it will just be like Barton and he'll be kept away from most of the other inmates. He'll be free to drop soap without any consequences.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:51 pm

Mase wrote:If he does time it will just be like Barton and he'll be kept away from most of the other inmates. He'll be free to drop soap without any consequences.

I wouldn't bet on that to be honest. Screws and cons alike have a hatred of offenders convicted of sex offences concerning under age children
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:58 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

cheers

And minimum sentence is a formal caution, I think, so there's no way to know without further details, which will come out in the trial, but may not be publicly reported, due to the sensitivity of the issue.

Without knowing further facts, it'll be somewhere between nothing and 14 years. Anything more than that is just guesswork for the time being. My guess would be a 2 year suspended sentence, provided he's not found guilty of charges he's pleaded not guilty to.

On this topic, were he to end up on a register, how would that impact his career? Would he be barred from training with minors (which could be interpreted as people under 18, if they were considered to be under his 'supervision')?
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby ruralblue » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:03 pm

The fact that he has admitted to grooming and knew of the girls age makes me hope he gets what's coming to him and does some time. Kept away or not there will be people who will do their best to try get to him by some means.

I wonder if there has been a deal struck with him admitting guilty to two charges but not the others. This happens. Anyone who has sat through a whole pro longed trial know the jury are sent out half the time of the trial whilst deals are made between prosecution and defence and legal argument.

My bet will be a suspended sentence and on the register.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:41 pm

ruralblue wrote:The fact that he has admitted to grooming and knew of the girls age makes me hope he gets what's coming to him and does some time. Kept away or not there will be people who will do their best to try get to him by some means.

I wonder if there has been a deal struck with him admitting guilty to two charges but not the others. This happens. Anyone who has sat through a whole pro longed trial know the jury are sent out half the time of the trial whilst deals are made between prosecution and defence and legal argument.

My bet will be a suspended sentence and on the register.

He will pay for his protection. His lawyer will have the contacts to look after him.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Alioune DVToure » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:54 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

cheers

And minimum sentence is a formal caution, I think, so there's no way to know without further details, which will come out in the trial, but may not be publicly reported, due to the sensitivity of the issue.

Without knowing further facts, it'll be somewhere between nothing and 14 years. Anything more than that is just guesswork for the time being. My guess would be a 2 year suspended sentence, provided he's not found guilty of charges he's pleaded not guilty to.

On this topic, were he to end up on a register, how would that impact his career? Would he be barred from training with minors (which could be interpreted as people under 18, if they were considered to be under his 'supervision')?

Didn't Graham 'If you tolerate' Rix get about six months' downtime for a very similar offence? Going back a bit, admittedly.

Edit: Just checked. Got 12, served 6.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Scatman » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:50 pm

Lucky for him he isn't still a city player. If he was they'd bring back the death sentence.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby The Maine Man » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:21 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:If he does time it will just be like Barton and he'll be kept away from most of the other inmates. He'll be free to drop soap without any consequences.

I wouldn't bet on that to be honest. Screws and cons alike have a hatred of offenders convicted of sex offences concerning under age children

He'll be getting an almighty bumming by Christmas.
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby edgeley blue » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:05 am

If the dirty cunt goes down, how many ex-blues have done bird recently?

I can think off Kelvin Etuhu, Joey Barton, that Courtney wapp fella, Jamie Tandy, Ched Evans off the top of my head.

Is there anymore?
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Mase » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:02 am

nottsblue wrote:

He'll be kept away from the rest of the prison 100%
When Ched was in there he was pretty much allowed to do what he wanted. He was having a kick about with another inmate and broke the guys arm by kicking the ball that hard at him when he was in net.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:11 am

I think he is going down no matter what.
Wonderwall

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:34 am

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

When Ched was in there he was pretty much allowed to do what he wanted. He was having a kick about with another inmate and broke the guys arm by kicking the ball that hard at him when he was in net.

Ched wasn't a paedo though
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Slim » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:02 am

Not sure rapists are looked on favourably either.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:38 am

Fidel Castro wrote:
Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Ched wasn't a paedo though

All the more reason he'll be kept away.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:04 am

Gotta say I feel for the lad.

Of course, his City past is important here, but beyond his pure stupidity, I have to blame the victim and her family. There are a lot of people that make a living with this type of deceits.

There were a lot of politicians, stars, etc, that made the same mistake he did. Too bad, too bad for him, I really hope he will avoid prison.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby mr_nool » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:25 am

PeterParker wrote:Gotta say I feel for the lad.

Of course, his City past is important here, but beyond his pure stupidity, I have to blame the victim and her family. There are a lot of people that make a living with this type of deceits.

There were a lot of politicians, stars, etc, that made the same mistake he did. Too bad, too bad for him, I really hope he will avoid prison.

He groomed her for fuck's sake. It's not like she walked up to him in a club, put her hands in his trousers, and whispered, "I'm 21 - do me!".
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:25 am

PeterParker wrote:Gotta say I feel for the lad.

I hope you have your tin hat and suit of armour on PP.
Wonderwall

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum