NOOOOOOO!!! Benjani wants extended stay

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: NOOOOOOO!!! Benjani wants extended stay

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:36 pm

Florida Blue wrote:First off, why does he NEED to go?? We don't need the money, and he has not said word one about his playing time other than that he is going to work to get more, hardly a locker room cancer. He played his role last night exactly. It was unfortunate he did not score, but better he hit the woodwork not missed entirely, right?

Whether or not his pass on the third goal was intended for Petrov or Tevez, his hard work is what secured the ball, he earned possession, much in a way I wish other players would. His role is simple, be enough of a presence to attract opposing defenders. Did anyone see Benjani alone at any time other than Micah's run (which he had to be left alone because Micah beat 5 of their players further up the the pitch)? No, they were tightly marking him, he was clearly a threat to their defenders.

Also, name one of our forwards that has been available for every game?? Exactly. Benjani of course has not been fit all season as well, but he fills a vital depth role. We are playing in 2 cups and the PL currently, why would anyone want to dump him now?? He is playing well, and is obviosuly popular with his teammates.

As for an extension, why even comment now? Let's see how he finishes out the season. If we do indeed finish in top 4 (or 6 for that matter) we will have the PL season and 3 cups to play for, if he proves to be valuable from here on out, what is the real cost of his contract to provide cover?

Well done Benjani!

Good post mate, but there's no point really because some people are only happy when they're trying to GET RID of someone out of the club. The only NEED to get rid doesn't come from the club, it comes from a minority of fans.

This club doesn't NEED to get rid of anyone.
Original Dub

Postby Blue2 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:16 pm

If he plays like he did last night ( apart from his finishing) I would be happy for him to stay, v good back up.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:39 pm

Ok i admit he played well in the last two games he has played, but i don't think he should get a contract extention just because of these perfomances. If he hadn't of played the last two games most on here would be saying the same.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:44 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:Ok i admit he played well in the last two games he has played, but i don't think he should get a contract extention just because of these perfomances. If he hadn't of played the last two games most on here would be saying the same.

And i'll say it again - if it was Robinho that made the same contribution everyone would be saying how luck we are to have such a world class player on our books.

Maybe he won't help us again and he'll go, but we could do a lot worse for a 4th or 5th choice striker, as Benjani has already gone a long way towards proving in the last two games.

Its the whole "Lets get rid of him now" buzz.... I'm not sure when his contract ends but if its the summer then I can't see a problem in giving him one more year if he plays anything like he has when called upon.
Original Dub

Postby Florida Blue » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:47 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:Ok i admit he played well in the last two games he has played, but i don't think he should get a contract extention just because of these perfomances. If he hadn't of played the last two games most on here would be saying the same.

Seeing that the last two games have been his only games in 8 months, I would say he is two-for-two. As Dub said, the issue here is some are saying get rid of him. There is no point to even discuss this right now. We need him.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby roadkill2487 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:56 pm

Why is there so much hate for Benjani? I don't understand it. He's a city player who has never complained about his position in the squad. He's worked his ass off, even after being overlooked for half a year. If anything, we should give the player some praise for doing the unthinkable and playing well for Mancini.
roadkill2487
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:56 pm

Florida Blue wrote:

Seeing that the last two games have been his only games in 8 months, I would say he is two-for-two. As Dub said, the issue here is some are saying get rid of him. There is no point to even discuss this right now. We need him.

When i said in my post that he needs to go i meant after his contract is up not right now, and again he's done well in the two games he's played but i still wouldn't give him another year but thats just my opinion.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:23 pm

Benji scored in the Derby don't you know, he is in Mancio's plans and has the same tune for his song. You should all be licking his balls!

All hail Benjani!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:05 pm

Original Dub wrote:
mr_nool wrote:I know it's a luxury, considering his wages, but it'd be difficult to find a better 4th or 5th striker. Not many players with an ounce of quality will be content with the odd emergency appearance.

Amen.

I'm amazed at the amount of "get rid" threads. Sell Richards?? WTF? Robinho needs to go.... We need to get rid of Benjani now!!!

We NEED to do fuck all when it comes to selling. Everything is in its rightful place. The best will play most games, the others will cover. Now if I'm not mistaken Benjani has just played his role to perfection when he was needed in the last two games.

He put us through to the next round of the FA Cup and set up 3 of the four goals that took us into the top four.

So we NEED to "get rid" or sell him "NOW" ... why exactly is that? Are we too stylish for him and his like now?

Ridiculous. If this argument was "should Benjani be first choice striker" then perhaps some of you would have a half a point. But just because he's happy with the role he has here and would like to stay for maybe another year or two, its a travesty?

Oh lord.

Agree with all of that Dub.
Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Shaun Wright-Phillips

Postby Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:08 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:He stated that he'd like to go to Barca.

I'd never start an entire thread about him, or any other of our players, telling them to do one. Especially linking it into what is supposed to be a positive news story.

He said he was flattered by the intrest shownin him by Barca(I would imagine most people would be especially Brazillians who grow up dreaming of playing for them(I should imagine its one of the biggest accolades a player could achieve))and it was more likely for him to achieve his goal of being the best player in the world there.He might be right on that point.

Exactly its like Gisele taking a shine to you and telling the wife that you were flattered that such a stunning supermodel found you attractive, but that you would never dream of leaving her.

Or on the other hand.......
Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Shaun Wright-Phillips

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:23 pm

i thought he had a good game and he did hold up play, and for the 3rd goal he did very well when he got past the defender. let him stay till summer
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum