Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby nottsblue » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:05 pm

Why has Moreno's shirt name got Alberto on it? Is it so the thick scousers dont realise he is playing?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby nottsblue » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:08 pm

2-0 dippers. Sturridge with his second
nottsblue

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:11 pm

nottsblue wrote:2-0 dippers. Sturridge with his second
Really dislike them.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:48 pm

Shit game that really did remind me if when I used to go to the lads games when they were twelve. But no outcry for the use of their second string, only rejoice from the commentators.

I suppose I had a pre-conceived notion of the game from how the commentators portrayed it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:05 pm

SSN trumpeting 'Guardiola denies reports he doesn't want Aguero at the club' where on earth did they come from I wonder.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby john@staustell » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:43 am

Any mention of the Rags paying £24M to Mino Riola for the privilege of Pogbas services?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:19 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2016/10/spend-crash-and-burn-why-city-is-the-whore-of-world-football/

Sorry is that satire? Irony? Bollox?

Do you really need to ask?

For me he's highlighted the double standards of the British press brilliantly with this piece.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:12 am

Results not going for him, players getting pissed off, Rooney and his clan briefing the media, Manchester Not London, Meltdown if we do our job tonight !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:32 am

Hazy2 wrote:Results not going for him, players getting pissed off, Rooney and his clan briefing the media, Manchester Not London, Meltdown if we do our job tonight !

Doesn't Pep live in Manchester city centre as well? Imagine what would happen if he came out with Peg's disrespectful bilge about the place he's paid a fortune to live in and do his job. We know what would happen
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:44 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Results not going for him, players getting pissed off, Rooney and his clan briefing the media, Manchester Not London, Meltdown if we do our job tonight !

Doesn't Pep live in Manchester city centre as well? Imagine what would happen if he came out with Peg's disrespectful bilge about the place he's paid a fortune to live in and do his job. We know what would happen

I think Henry Winter is onto Jose, his tenure could be short, the body language is not good and he has seen this before at Madrid and last season. The spark looks to be gone.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:46 am

johnny crossan wrote:

Pep bought a flat in the city centre and moved his family in and sends his kids to school in Whalley Range. Noises are that they are happy here.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby john@staustell » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:44 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Pep bought a flat in the city centre and moved his family in and sends his kids to school in Whalley Range. Noises are that they are happy here.

Just goes to show how humble he is. Whole family in a bedsit in Manchester. :D
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john@staustell » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:46 am

Hazy2 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

I think Henry Winter is onto Jose, his tenure could be short, the body language is not good and he has seen this before at Madrid and last season. The spark looks to be gone.

Same at Inter at the end. Italian press hated him. Spanish press hated him. Chelsea hated him. Now Scum are starting to hate him and even the witless, RAG-biased English press are sussing him out.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:58 am

Come on Pep, full strength full steam ahead tonight for the 'Derby Final!!!'
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:03 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Whalley Range ??? FFS hasn't pep found Prestbury / Alderley Edge and Hale fucking Barns yet the poor cunt ???
The lad must have been brought up on a council estate bless him :P :mrgreen:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:59 am

Anyone pick up on the media harping on about the difference in cost of the two starting XIs last night? No me neither.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:07 am

I see the press are at it again this morning. BBC leading with 'Pep doubts City players' when you actually read the quote it's him not being sure which players can play with other players and which players suit the system.

He added: "The principles? No doubts. But to know the players, how they play with other ones, how you play in different systems, sometimes you make a doubt, yes.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:18 am

Mase wrote:I see the press are at it again this morning. BBC leading with 'Pep doubts City players' when you actually read the quote it's him not being sure which players can play with other players and which players suit the system.

He added: "The principles? No doubts. But to know the players, how they play with other ones, how you play in different systems, sometimes you make a doubt, yes.

Saw that. Can't just say well done, great result. Have to mislead with the headline. I cut ally saw the headline and for a second was a bit worried there had been some sort of falling out. Should've known better.

To be fair to MotD though, all three of Linekar, Shearer and Murphy were very fill some in their praise for us and Aguero in particular. Shearer even said he was the PL's only world class player which surprised Linekar a bit.
nottsblue

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:56 am

nottsblue wrote:Shearer even said he was the PL's only world class player which surprised Linekar a bit.

That's cos he was talking shit, as usual.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:03 am

london blue 2 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Shearer even said he was the PL's only world class player which surprised Linekar a bit.

That's cos he was talking shit, as usual.

If we seem "world class" as the best XI I the world, who in the PL would feature. Genuine question and one I've had arguments with dippers in the past about Gerrard.

For that matter, let us also say a squad of 23. Would many of the PL get in?
nottsblue

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum