Has the bubble burst?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Has the bubble burst?

Postby Mr Miyagi » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:08 pm

Redna wrote:Was there a bubble in the first place?

Ditto, that man. The cliche implied we had a bubble in the first place.
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carolina-blue » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:09 pm

No I dont think it has , Yes we were dire tonight , But we have our first Semi in Donkeys coming up we need to Brush it off .
Move on
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:10 pm

These things usually happen. Unfortunately we just go on through history sacking managers, often for fuck all. Let's stop doing that now & have a policy of long term thinking like they lied about having with the last bloke.

We have a lot of winnable games coming up. If Mancini doesn't win them, it doesn't mean that it's because he's shite, it's just what happens when teams are being built. If we do win them it doesn't mean he's God either, we have a good squad which on it's day can beat anyone. It could click together at any moment, or it could equally need a very gradual improvement. Unless Mancini makes a complete arse of it, lets just give him the backing Hughes didn't get & take the rough with the smooth. That goes for players too; NO SCAPEGOATS. Support the fucking team.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ant london » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:11 pm

Yep 100% the "bubble" has certainly burst.

I am 200% behind the campaign that those believing in the bubble and now despairing (laughingly prematurely...inebriated or otherwise) as to its untimely deflation should:

A) fuck off or;

B) shut the fuck up

Cuntish question/thread. Great poster who I hope feels suitably ashamed tmrw.

Appalling performance today. Worse than Spurs IMO. But hyperbole will be adequately provided by our beloved media. No need for our own to fuel the overreactionary fires.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby feedthegreek » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:14 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Invisible Man Fan wrote:Like I said, I've had a few to drink, I guess I'm just venting my anger....

fair enough but we were always going to have shit game or two. We are still very much in race for top four. We needed to win this to win the league but no one was expecting that anyway, right?

We didn't even need to win this to win the league, there are 17 games left which means 41 points available. Of course our first target is the fourth spot though, but if we are within reach come March we could start to think about the title more seriously.
i think you mean 51 mate.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Crossie » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:30 pm

First 10 mins, I was very impressed, we were keeping the ball and it was only a matter of time before we scored.

Then Robinho came on.

We played 80 mins with 10 men, Benjani would have been far far the better choice. An away game against a physical side, on a cold day, and on trots Robinho, looking like he would rather be anywhere else in the world.

We had no ideas, move broke down, went out with a whimper.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:33 pm

I liked the idea of starting with Tevez and Santa Cruz so Mancini had to go to plan B when RSC went off. Even so for the first fifteen minutes City were the better side, nice passing moves, quick and clever, Petrov looked dangerous, and Robinho missed a sitter. But tthen Everton got hold of midfield and the play was all in City's half. At 1-0 down just before half time Bellamy set Tevez up for one he'd normally have scored, then came the penalty. I thought the most worrying thing with Tuesday in mind was how they lost out on balls in the air around the box, given that the rags got two of their goals in the derby in September in the same way. Fergie was feeling worried, he'll have some of his smug arrogance back now, but I think Tevez and Bellamy will wipe the smile off his face big time on Tuesday night.
BobbyJ1956
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ali Benarbia

Postby viking the Odd » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:35 pm

The bubble has burst many a time, but it was allways going to burst today, some poor descions by our new manager,in a game that our previous manager,would not of lost, now I am not Hughes in or Mancini out, but this was predictable, and to put Robbie the squirt on against a good hard team away from home,in January goes to show what our new manager actually knows about his team. We need new players, and get rid of the crap, so maybe in another 12 months,when the next manager is here, we will probally be saying the same thing. deja-vu anybody?. And still the scum will rule the earth.
viking the Odd
Robinho's Step Over

Postby glossopblue » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:35 pm

1 defeat boys! lets get over it! we're better than everton! it was there cup final... for some reason!1!!
glossopblue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby patrickblue » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:48 pm

Can we make this the official doom and gloom thread.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby 9secondlegend » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:35 pm

Invisible Man Fan wrote:Now, I've had a few to drink, but I am beginning to now think that the only reason we have won the last 4 games is because our opponents were shite!

Everton played well, but we were absolutely useless.

I genuinely thought that Mancini was the man to turn us into a top 4 club, but after seeing tonights performance, I am not so sure.....

haha i text this to my mates at half time but i was taking the piss.
9secondlegend

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby sandman » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:31 pm

Invisible Man Fan wrote:Now, I've had a few to drink, but I am beginning to now think that the only reason we have won the last 4 games is because our opponents were shite!

Everton played well, but we were absolutely useless.

I genuinely thought that Mancini was the man to turn us into a top 4 club, but after seeing tonights performance, I am not so sure.....

Invisible Man Fan is a great lad and a top blue who in the years i've known him has never talked anything but sense, to see how passionate he is you only have to look at the ink that runs right down his arm, mix this with the fact he is totally gutted as he is literally aching to see city win the lot, add a load of booze and you get the above post.

I understand and partly agree with what you're saying Gaz, but there never was a bubble, we were just playing the way we could and should have, you have to put it down to just being one of those days. I think most people forgot very quickly that Everton have a good side who have been playing well for years, fair do's they had a poor start to the season but they are now a top half side who havent been beat in the league since November and are on the up again.
sandman

Supporter of: City

Postby shawzy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:39 pm

Im happy with 9points out of a poss 12 and an FA cup win.
The Everton game was a shambles but the rags looked far worse than us as a team when they lost to Fulham and thank fluck were not going through what Sunderland fans are putting up with.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum