Goal celebration Bookings

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Goal celebration Bookings

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:15 pm

The Ravanelli was fucking top. As was the Klinsmann - albeit it was weather/playground dependent. Big part of growing up that - I'd hate to think kids now are emulating that fucking Anelka bird shite.

All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:46 pm

Slim wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Slim wrote:Diego Forlan took off his shirt after celebrating a goal and it had that weird inner layer that had folded out so he couldn't get it back on and stood on the sidelines with the coaches trying to decipher a shirt as the game was restarted, this is the reason you get booked for taking your shirt off after celebrating now.

BOLLOKS - THAT RULE CAME IN YEARS AGO AND NOTHING TO DO WITH SALLY GUNNELLESQUE SHIRT PROBLEMS.

The first such example of this routine resulted in quite an amusing incident; Forlán whipped Diego Forlán shirt off in excitement after scoring an 85th minute winner against Southampton F.C. in November 2002

Footballers who remove their jerseys during post-goal celebrations are to receive automatic yellow cards. The modification to Law 12, which was approved last February by the International Football Association Board (IFAB), will come into effect from 1 July, 2004.

No no, I am sure you are right, just no-one has ever seen it and you haven't broken the streak here.

YOU REFERRED TO HIS "PROBLEM" GETTING HIS SHIRT BACK ON HENCE CAUSING DELAYS.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Goataldo » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:06 pm

Andy, lincs wrote:Someone has been watching QI. I think it was on there about getting booked for taking the shirt off in celebration.

Yeah it was on QI. Sean Lock (Chelsea fan) mentioned it saying the moment after a goal's scored the cameras are all over the scorer giving their sponsor a prime piece of advertising close up. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the rule was brought in after pressure from sponsors, money talks after all.

Whether or not Fifa would admit that, or say they were trying to stop excessive joy(!) I dunno.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:07 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:a mate of mine reckons the only reason players are booked for taking off their shirts after scoring is advertising.

the sponsors want their logo seen, and the moment after a player scores is seen as the money shot - what they are paying the cash for.

thoughts? if true, its a bit of a fucking joke.

They get booked because it's completely unnecessary time wasting.

I've said it million times before and I'll say it again. What's wrong with manly handshake and running back to your own half?

I know you like to come across as the ultimate old fashioned football fan chief, but are you really telling us that seeing one of your players doing his trademark goal celebration brings you NO further joy WHATSOEVER??

I think a great goal celebration and particularly a funny one, really tops my day off after a good win. Certainly moreso than the Anelka of old and others that just walk off.

Its called a celebration for a good reason and if you achieved something as fantastic as that, there's no way walking over and shaking someone's hand would quench your adreniline rush.

Shaking hands.

FUCK THAT.

As for the OP - its a fucking joke if thats true, but it wouldn't suprise me as the whole "time-wasting" thing is a load of bollox. As we well know after the derby, 30 secs is added on for a goal celebration and I'm fucked if I couldn't take off my jersey and put it back on within that time.

Another sad sign that the money men are taking something AWAY from the game.
Original Dub

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum