Bacon speaks....

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Bacon speaks....

Postby Blue Blood » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:46 pm

... yet more deluded typical rag shite.

I would not use the word "dominated" when describing how united played tonight. Yet another person (along with chuckle 1) who can't retire fast enough for me

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 47,00.html
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Re: Bacon speaks....

Postby Kladze » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:51 pm

Don't worry BB . I'll copy / edit it/ and paste it for you ;-o

Sir Alex Ferguson refused to get too downhearted after seeing Manchester United come unstuck at arch-rivals Manchester City on Tuesday.

A 2-1 defeat at Eastlands in the first leg of their Carling Cup semi-final means the Blues now hold the advantage heading into the return meeting.

United had taken the lead in a combative local derby which lived up to its pre-match billing, with Ryan Giggs rolling them in front early on.

However, Carlos Tevez, who left Old Trafford for Eastlands last summer, bagged a brace to ensure it would be the blue half of Manchester celebrating long into the night.

United now have it all to do if they are to secure a spot at Wembley on 28th February, but Ferguson insists the tie remains very much in the balance.

"We would be foolish to think it wasn't. The United crowd, the occasion and what's at stake, we will be OK," he told Sky Sports.
Dominated

Ferguson saw plenty on Tuesday night to suggest the Red Devils are more than capable of ensuring it is they who will be competing for the first major piece of silverware of the season.

"I thought we played well. We dominated most of the match," he added.

"We had a mad couple of minutes when they scored their equalising goal, we lost our composure a little bit for 15 minutes, but after that we were OK.

"I think for most of the game we were reasonably in control. For the first 30 minutes we were in complete control, that's not in any doubt, but that mad few minutes before half-time got them back into the game and there is always a chance away from home that you can lose a goal any which way.

He added: "There were some young players there, but we had experience.

"Ryan Giggs, Michael Carrick and Darren Fletcher - they have got plenty of experience. Jonny Evans is young, Anderson is young, Rafa is young, but we had enough experience."

No issue

The United boss also had no complaints about Tevez being the man to steal the show after his summer move from red to blue in Manchester.

He said: "That's just the way it happens. Football is like that, it can bite you at times.

"We have had many players who have left the club and then scored against us, so that's not an issue. We are happy with the players we have."

Ferguson, who has already found himself in trouble this season regarding outspoken views on referees, also refused to be drawn into a debate on whether or not City should have been awarded their first half penalty.

Tevez hammered home from the spot shortly before the interval after Craig Bellamy had been hauled down by Rafael, but initial contact appeared to have been made outside the box.

"I'm not going on about," said Ferguson.

"Everyone can see it for themselves. OK, the decisions have gone against us today, but they might go for us another day."
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Blue Blood » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:55 pm

Kladze wrote:Don't worry BB . I'll copy / edit it/ and paste it for you ;-o

Sir Alex Ferguson refused to get too downhearted after seeing Manchester U***d come unstuck at arch-rivals Manchester City on Tuesday.

A 2-1 defeat at Eastlands in the first leg of their Carling Cup semi-final means the Blues now hold the advantage heading into the return meeting.

U***d had taken the lead in a combative local derby which lived up to its pre-match billing, with Ryan Giggs rolling them in front early on.

However, Carlos Tevez, who left Old Trafford for Eastlands last summer, bagged a brace to ensure it would be the blue half of Manchester celebrating long into the night.

U***d now have it all to do if they are to secure a spot at Wembley on 28th February, but Ferguson insists the tie remains very much in the balance.

"We would be foolish to think it wasn't. The U***d crowd, the occasion and what's at stake, we will be OK," he told Sky Sports.
Dominated

Ferguson saw plenty on Tuesday night to suggest the Red Devils are more than capable of ensuring it is they who will be competing for the first major piece of silverware of the season.

"I thought we played well. We dominated most of the match," he added.

"We had a mad couple of minutes when they scored their equalising goal, we lost our composure a little bit for 15 minutes, but after that we were OK.

"I think for most of the game we were reasonably in control. For the first 30 minutes we were in complete control, that's not in any doubt, but that mad few minutes before half-time got them back into the game and there is always a chance away from home that you can lose a goal any which way.

He added: "There were some young players there, but we had experience.

"Ryan Giggs, Michael Carrick and Darren Fletcher - they have got plenty of experience. Jonny Evans is young, Anderson is young, Rafa is young, but we had enough experience."

No issue

The U***d boss also had no complaints about Tevez being the man to steal the show after his summer move from red to blue in Manchester.

He said: "That's just the way it happens. Football is like that, it can bite you at times.

"We have had many players who have left the club and then scored against us, so that's not an issue. We are happy with the players we have."

Ferguson, who has already found himself in trouble this season regarding outspoken views on referees, also refused to be drawn into a debate on whether or not City should have been awarded their first half penalty.

Tevez hammered home from the spot shortly before the interval after Craig Bellamy had been hauled down by Rafael, but initial contact appeared to have been made outside the box.

"I'm not going on about," said Ferguson.

"Everyone can see it for themselves. OK, the decisions have gone against us today, but they might go for us another day."

Thanks, my right mouse button is broken, its not that im lazy or anything, honest... ;D
Blue Blood

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Kladze » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:56 pm

Doesn't ctrl/C do something? or is that broke as well ;-)

hehe
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Slim » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:09 am

shift+left click=opens link in new window.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mike J » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:15 am

hahahaha how can he mention young players! evans plays nearly every fucking week!!

we had boyata and richards playing, they are young too bacon you fucking deluded twat! keep bringing the excuses.
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Citizen of Oslo » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:23 am

Some things never change.
Citizen of Oslo
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby JonnyAsh » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:35 am

OK well, if in Shithead's eyes they dominated and LOST, that doesn't sound too good for them then. In that scenario, next week when we DO get around to playing a full part, they will have no chance. Am I right or wrong that Baconface is saying, that they dominated and still couldn't win ?
JonnyAsh
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:39 am

young players my arse. that was a full strength scum XI and we did them.

what a bitter, bitter man he is.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Florida Blue » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:42 am

I think they did dominate us...

In the extra 2 minutes of extra time.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby dazby » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:26 am

Everyone can see it for themselves. OK, the decisions have gone against us today, but they might go for us another day."

I'm sure they will bacon, I'm sure they will.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Alex Sapphire » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:33 am

"OK, the decisions have gone against us today, but they might go for us another day."

has he been drinking? That sounds almost reasonable. He's still an aul twat though
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire

Postby CityFanFromRome » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:05 am

To be fair, they did dominate the last ten minutes, but that's because we allowed them to, both with Benjani unable to keep the ball up, and the fact we were tired. But to say they dominated most of the match is a bit too much.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Alex Sapphire » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:19 am

CityFanFromRome wrote:To be fair, they did dominate the last ten minutes, but that's because we allowed them to, both with Benjani unable to keep the ball up, and the fact we were tired. But to say they dominated most of the match is a bit too much.

They "dominated" more of the match than we did.
We scored more goals in our shorter spells of "domination"
Simples
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:39 am

Alex Sapphire wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:To be fair, they did dominate the last ten minutes, but that's because we allowed them to, both with Benjani unable to keep the ball up, and the fact we were tired. But to say they dominated most of the match is a bit too much.

Simples

Exactly.

Just the same way as it pisses me off when we go on how we "dominated" this and that game but failed to win, it pisses me off when taggart or anyone else go on about how they dominated the game. Football is about scoring more goals than opposition. Pretty simple really. You don't get points for posession.

Regarding youngsters, even rag mate of mine, who I talked to on phone during half time, admitted that this was pretty much best side they could put together right now. Also admitted that only Rafael was what you'd call "one for the future" as Andersson is already regular and at 22 Evans is hardly kid anymore (also my mate said that concensus was that Evans would move on soon anyway).
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby mr_nool » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:53 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Alex Sapphire wrote:

Simples

Exactly.

Just the same way as it pisses me off when we go on how we "dominated" this and that game but failed to win, it pisses me off when taggart or anyone else go on about how they dominated the game. Football is about scoring more goals than opposition. Pretty simple really. You don't get points for posession.

Regarding youngsters, even rag mate of mine, who I talked to on phone during half time, admitted that this was pretty much best side they could put together right now. Also admitted that only Rafael was what you'd call "one for the future" as Andersson is already regular and at 22 Evans is hardly kid anymore (also my mate said that concensus was that Evans would move on soon anyway).

Evans isn't good enough for Scum. I'd rather have a Garrido than him.

I thought it was a bit funny how Lwro and that other commentator guy managed to make it sound like Mancini was committing a crime against all young footballers of the world when bringing Boayata off and replacing him with fellow academy graduate Nedum Onouha (off course they failed to mention that he's only 23, and that he's come through oour academy).
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Vhero » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:03 am

mr_nool wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Alex Sapphire wrote:

Simples

Exactly.

Evans isn't good enough for Scum. I'd rather have a Garrido than him.

I thought it was a bit funny how Lwro and that other commentator guy managed to make it sound like Mancini was committing a crime against all young footballers of the world when bringing Boayata off and replacing him with fellow academy graduate Nedum Onouha (off course they failed to mention that he's only 23, and that he's come through oour academy).

Evans was fucking terrible I was hoping we would press down that wing a bit more as he was very shaky.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Return to The Maine Football forum