SWP

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: SWP

Postby dikdik » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:35 am

I have to be honest. From my position in the stands I was gob smacked by the number of times SWP lost the ball in possession. I know that love is blind and I know the fellah is not match fit but come on guys we do need to be real in these situations.
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Beeks » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:38 am

It always seems like Sweep loses the ball more than others but that is because he does...you know why he does?

Because he runs at players a lot more than anyone else!!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Colin the King » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:01 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:It always seems like Sweep loses the ball more than others but that is because he does...you know why he does?

Because he runs at players a lot more than anyone else!!

He runs at players a lot more than anyone else AND he's actively looking for the ball at all times- at least he's there to make the mistake and not hidden away somewhere with no interest in the game.

I thought he played well last night- not vintage SWP, granted- but he gave Evra a real problem which wound him up big time, and did actually deliver some good quality crosses. It's not his fault that we didn't have a bigger physical presence in the box to nod it home.

In my opinon SWP and Bellamy are our best options out wide because of their all round contribution. Even on an off-day, they'll always run at defenders, look for the ball and try to win it back if dispossessed. Worth their weight in gold to this team I reckon.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:08 am

There isn't much he can do when he's surrounded by a midfield who aren't naturally creative, like last night. Coupled on top of the instructions Mancini gave, to sit back and soak up pressure, he didn't get many opportunities.

It should be noted however that United didn't dare venture forward en masse until he and Tevez came off.

Sweep did well with everything else considered. When he's got people around him on the same wavelength, things will be better.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum