The richest game in world football

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The richest game in world football

Postby Dameerto » Mon May 29, 2017 10:50 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:
ruralblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Championship play off final

Hope Huddersfield get through. I know Rural will be cheering them on as well

I am actually!, as am sure Craig will be. They could be three up easy but by the sounds of it the finishing is crap or nerves!

Would love to see them go up!!!!

Just on the way back from Wembley now. Stunned, gobsmacked but deliriously happy. Town were the better team, the more adventurous and it's just fantastic to have them in the Premier League. I was 9 months old when they got relegated from the top flight.

Conflict of interest twice next season?

Wagner v Klopp might be interesting next season.

If nothing else, Huddersfield should be a better team to watch than the last time they were in the top flight, as that particular team was dire in footballing terms. They had a 'robust' defence, built around Trevor Cherry and Roy Ellam in the middle, but very little creativity in midfield and attack and the only players of any real note were Cherry himself and Frank Worthington.

I really hope they fare a lot better this time around.

I was at the same school as Trevor Cherry's son. He used to have one of those strange Porsches (I think it was rear engined) that just looked really stupid.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby craigmcfc » Mon May 29, 2017 10:51 pm

mr_nool wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:
ruralblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Championship play off final

Hope Huddersfield get through. I know Rural will be cheering them on as well

I am actually!, as am sure Craig will be. They could be three up easy but by the sounds of it the finishing is crap or nerves!

Would love to see them go up!!!!

Just on the way back from Wembley now. Stunned, gobsmacked but deliriously happy. Town were the better team, the more adventurous and it's just fantastic to have them in the Premier League. I was 9 months old when they got relegated from the top flight.

Conflict of interest twice next season?

Absolutely not. I revelled in the 10-1 win in '87, only ever one team for me, but in all the other matches I'll want my birth town team to win.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby craigmcfc » Mon May 29, 2017 11:00 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I thought they were pretty poor and second best through most of the second half and extra time. Like a boxer clinging to the ropes. Still however you win a play off game is all that matters. Im pleased The Terriers won through and it should be a good day out next year.

Reading improved in the second half but could hardly have got any worse. They were shocking in the 1st and Town should easily have gone in 2 or 3 up at half time. Both sides looked nervous, understandable given the prize at stake.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Tru_Blu » Mon May 29, 2017 11:02 pm

I am too excited for them as i have another countryman to make it to the Prem, Nahki from Bermuda, well done mate.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum