Turnstile shambles on Tuesday, GMP just been on sky

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Turnstile shambles on Tuesday, GMP just been on sky

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:07 pm

I know lots of people were affected by a mysterious change in their allocated turnstyle on Tuesday night, but being an unlucky fucker my Derby Day experience was taking this to the extreme - surprised not to have seen a thread about this as loads of people were going mental outside the ground.

We all got into the ground initially - 15 minutes before kick off, except for one of the boys who was last to use his seasoncard, only to find it not working. (It was our regular seat btw) The steward told me to come out of the ground and go and speak with one of the ticket people to get it sorted. He said he would let me back in.

So after waiting an age because there were loads of pissed off people with the same problem, finally the ticket chap told us to goto the next turnstyle, and his card would work. I explained that I had already been in once, so couldnt use my seasoncard again. The supervisor said to just goto the turnstyle and say "Leanne said to mastercard me in". Very dubious that this would work, we queued up for another 5 mins, the lad went first and got in the ground. The steward of course refused to let me in.

So I goes to try and find this supervisor Leanne again and she had fucked off. The match had started by now and the original steward who said he would let me in was not there either.

Eventually I found another ticket person, who laughed when I explained what had happened "you expect me to believe that". I had to wait till he had dealt with everyone else, and patiently explained again, fully aware as I was explaining it that I wouldnt believe if someone came up with that story. He was absolutely not having any of it, and I could see from his point of view that this could just be a blagger who has had a card passed to him after someone has gone in the ground.

He said there was nothing he could do, he didnt know anyone called Leanne, and all the supervisors were now round at the United end as there was a major problem. It took me following him round till 8.20 before he got sick of me badgering him and finally let me in.

Am I justified in raising this with the club for a refund, as I am furious having paid £40 to miss 1/4 of the game because of their fuck up? I'm not one to complain, I usually just let things like this slide as "one of those things", but I am really mad about this.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Re: Turnstile shambles on Tuesday, GMP just been on sky

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:36 pm

GMP just been on sky sports news painting pretty bad picture of the munes. Said the problem at the turnstiles at the United end was because a group of 1000 turned up all at once with the intention of causing confusion to get in with no tickets, as tickets were being passed back.

No wonder the steward didnt believe my story if that is what was going on!
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Vhero » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:52 pm

There was a lot of problems that night our tickets didn't work in our normal entrance it just flashed red a steward stood next to the machine checked it there to see if we paid and then just let us through it was making massive queues though.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Manx Blue » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:49 pm

johnpb78 wrote:GMP just been on sky sports news painting pretty bad picture of the munes. Said the problem at the turnstiles at the U***d end was because a group of 1000 turned up all at once with the intention of causing confusion to get in with no tickets, as tickets were being passed back.

again this goes back to a point I raised in two other threads john (although it doesn't really help you)... If the cops found weapons, if they were experiencing such difficulties such as the 1000 people turning up, why did they the shit out at the same time as city?

Maybe you could raise your point with chris nield, who may be able to point you in the right direction at the very least?
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Manx Blue » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:51 pm

Manx Blue wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:GMP just been on sky sports news painting pretty bad picture of the munes. Said the problem at the turnstiles at the U***d end was because a group of 1000 turned up all at once with the intention of causing confusion to get in with no tickets, as tickets were being passed back.

again this goes back to a point I raised in two other threads john (although it doesn't really help you)... If the cops found weapons, if they were experiencing such difficulties such as the 1000 people turning up, why did they let the shit out at the same time as city?

Maybe you could raise your point with chris nield, who may be able to point you in the right direction at the very least?
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:56 pm

That's not your fault though is it mate? You were doing what they told you to do. They're out of order treating you like that, give 'em some shit.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:59 pm

One of the lads at work is a rag and was complaining that it took him almost 30 minutes to get in. I was obviously very sympathetic to his cause!

Out of interest, did anyone have issues when buying tickets? I didn't get an email receipt and when I checked the following day it said pending. I rang up and was told they were all doing that. I turned up on Tuesday with no receipt, no proof I'd bought anything and just kept my fingers crossed. Thankfully it worked, but the whole ticketing system is not really fit for purpose, especially if we are going to be having more additional games.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Return to The Maine Football forum