Johnny Evans

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Johnny Evans

Postby Nick » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:13 pm

Agree with the above pep is buy buy buy with the exception of kolorov (the one time we didn't want him to 'make do')
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:46 pm

Messi has not signed any new deal yet what, will come of 25/27/30 mill for a Johnny will be add a big fat 0 to any other deal we attempt. Pep you need a head wobble.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:01 pm

Nick wrote:Agree with the above pep is buy buy buy with the exception of kolorov (the one time we didn't want him to 'make do')

Speak for yourself!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:05 pm

Having thought about it for two days, there is no case for signing Evans for any fee North of £3m. Even then he would be a crap fourth choice ex-rag.

We could get Micah or Joleon back for that.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:56 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:£35M now being talked about. Pulis is really taking the piss now.

Please let this be nonsense. 18 was 15 too much.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby PrezIke » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:08 pm

sheblue wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:£35M now being talked about. Pulis is really taking the piss now.

Please let this be nonsense. 18 was 15 too much.

Allegedly Arsenal offered £20-25m last summer and were turned down.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:07 pm

There must be some kind of Blip thing goes on with geniuses.. they get 99% of things spot on and make 1% of the most stupidest mistakes ever.

per season it seems... this is clearly this year's Joe Hart moment again.

Helps a great deal that we telegraph the fact we need a home grown.. 3m becomes 23m

surely, surely there has to be an alternative to this ? Tosin cannot be worse.. even lacking the experience
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:57 pm

If we are interested in Alderveld his is now 100 mill based on our offer for the WBA captain.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:15 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Did I mention he is a rag cunt?

that would apply to the Goat, Carlitos, Kiddo etc as well would it?
I'm afraid I don't get this level of hostility when it's clear he's likely to be wearing a City shirt before long - as soon as Evans is our player all these attacks should end.

Goat never played for them so he is obviously cool. Tevez fucked us over and went golfing when we needed him. Typical rag move. Kidd... well, as they say in Facebook relationship statuses "it's complicated".
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby PrezIke » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:15 pm

Here's the reason this is happening to me.

I think we need an HG player because Clichy is gone, Delph is clearly going to be off and we would rather not use a squad place for it with another EDS/Academy player, to improve depth if we want to add any further foreign players.

There aren't a lot of options out there available for what Pep is looking for in a centre back:

- Ball playing centre half

- Can play on the left side/good enough with left foot

- Experienced enough (also in the Prem) to not have to rely upon a Stones-Nico partnership which was problematic last season and Tosin not ready and can direct the defence

- Someone who can also help teach/model for Stones and further his development

- Ideally is HG because we had Bertrand slated as that player but when Alves dissed us we had to alter our plans

- Also doesn't cost more than £25-30m (I'm guessing that's our ceiling), or ideally costs less so we can buy either/both Alexis or Mbappe

- Is fine with being 4th choice, but can challenge Otamendi and Stones to make them work for their places

Hearing now Baggies want 30m, which is quite mad, but not sure what else we are we going to do about this right now. We do need to figure this out. I like Mangala sometimes, but I can see exactly why he is not ideal for our 4th nor is Tosin, who may be loaned out to a Championship level side.

Question will be is whether Pep/Txiki think the price is worth it to fill this need, even if it is wildly overpaying. I think we expected to have to a bit, but were hoping not this much. If we don't and Vinny goes down, our entire season could be doomed. That's how delicate this is, and I get where they are coming from even if you could question our HG player planning over the past few seasons. Delph's injury record has really muffed that up, that's for sure, and that was meant to be a fantastic piece of business for once.

The HG inflation is being combined with a bit of desperation and extra tax on anyone we want to buy.

They have a very tough decision, also including fan sentiments which I am sure they aren't completely naive about, but I think we will just do it and hope it works out. This is what I think Pulis knows, and is why we are kind of screwed here, once again.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:40 pm

I think I'd be happy to go for a no nonsense, competent centre back from a lower Division, without paying over the odds.

I've probably been sleeping lately but whatever happened to our purported interest in Ben Gibson at Middlesborough ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby PrezIke » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:41 pm

"Manchester City will not be held to ransom over Jonny Evans, with Pep Guardiola having identified other options at centre-back should West Bromwich Albion not agree with their valuation of the Northern Irishman."

At 29 Evans will have little or no sell-on value and, while City recognise it is an inflated market, the club will switch to other options should West Brom demand what they believe is an unrealistic price.

While an offer in the region of £25m plus add-ons may cause Albion to consider Evans’s sale, Guardiola is also insistent that, if his central defence cannot be strengthened, he will still be content.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -guardiola
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:50 am

PrezIke wrote:"Manchester City will not be held to ransom over Jonny Evans, with Pep Guardiola having identified other options at centre-back should West Bromwich Albion not agree with their valuation of the Northern Irishman."

At 29 Evans will have little or no sell-on value and, while City recognise it is an inflated market, the club will switch to other options should West Brom demand what they believe is an unrealistic price.

While an offer in the region of £25m plus add-ons may cause Albion to consider Evans’s sale, Guardiola is also insistent that, if his central defence cannot be strengthened, he will still be content.

Craig Dawson is at the same club, born in Manchester and can play both Centre half and FB. He is better than Evans younger and a local lad. Why oh why look at a rag on his last legs.Also injured ?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby City64 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:30 am

Pulis and WBA doing a great job pricing the ex rag donkey out of move .................

There is a god and our spaff and Pep being made to look goons . Football eh ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:40 am

Hazy2 wrote:
PrezIke wrote:"Manchester City will not be held to ransom over Jonny Evans, with Pep Guardiola having identified other options at centre-back should West Bromwich Albion not agree with their valuation of the Northern Irishman."

Craig Dawson is at the same club, born in Manchester and can play both Centre half and FB. He is better than Evans younger and a local lad. Why oh why look at a rag on his last legs.Also injured ?

Pity he's not a leftie
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dameerto » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:45 am

The Beeb are claiming West Brom are interested in Liverpool's '£30m rated defender' Mamadou Sakho. I hope this isn't as a replacement for Evans.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:33 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Pity he's not a leftie

Evans is right footed JC.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:55 am

for all the negativity on here, i have rarely heard such positive comments from ex-players and commentators concerning a possible city transfer.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Scatman » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:07 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:for all the negativity on here, i have rarely heard such positive comments from ex-players and commentators concerning a possible city transfer.

Where have you been? Don't you know there's an agenda? Whatever they say is designed to work against us. No doubt these positive comments are because he's crap and his addition will weaken us so they are trying to persuade pep that it's a good idea.
Scatman

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:17 am

Hazy2 wrote:

Hes only got one year left on his deal too.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum