Rags at their place..

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Rags at their place..

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:38 am

Calm down gents.

It's only natural, after 30 years of mostly downs, for us to be pessamistic. Like many I've never seen City reach a major final, forgive us for sticking with tradition. Plus the performance on Tuesday was negative enough to warrent the doubt in our minds.

We obviously hope we are all proven seriously wrong.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby colonel_muck » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:16 pm

Original Dub wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:I think we're gonn a get thoroughly dicked.

Obviously hope not.

I truely believe if we play the same as we did we don't stand a chance. It was nice to get an neutral, Arsenal fan's view on the game and I actually saw it the very same way. I was disappointed how we set out our stall, be it forced by injury or not. I was also shouting at the TV when Tevez and SWP were taken off and I think we got away with all of the above, rather than got it tactically perfect. I said it before, if it was a league derby, I'd be saying Mancini got it bang on because we won, but in this case, with us playing at home first, I was hoping we would really get at them from the start and take at least a 2 goal advantage to OT.

I;m not going to say I have a bad feeling about it, but I hope if he insists on the same team and tactics, that we go for the early goal instead of waiting for them to score.

Fuck sake, my nerves are already at me... they weren't until kick off yesterday, but this is the big one!

couldn't agree with these sentiments more. no one gets a 0-0 at old trafford. even an italian. we have to score.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby BobKowalski » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:36 pm

1-1 with Mancini in ultra defensive mode

Not that I care what damn system he uses as long as we get a postive result which I am cautiously confident we will get
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby ant london » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:38 pm

We'll win 2-1 again I think.

We will win, we are going to Wembley....and I will miss it

Fuckity bollocks. Mind you, if I have to stay out of the country for City to be successful then fuck it, I'll take it for the team
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby JB » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:40 pm

john68 wrote:I really can't believe that I am reading some of this negativity. Some of you really are manic depressives. You hunt inside your own heads for the worst case scenario that your imaginations can dream up and then you give it energy by actually worrying about it.

For the 1st time since fuck knows when, City have reached a semi final. Not only that, we have reached half time with a one goal advantage. Not only that, we did so with a patched and cobbled up team...not only that, we can now strengthen our team in readiness for the 2nd half.

Instead of celebrating the fact that we have gone further in this competition than we have for years, you are manufacturing fear for yourselves. Some of you have some serious life issues that you need help with.

Should you be posting on here....or the fucking SAMARITANS????

John, you're forgetting that most of us haven't experienced City winning anything and psychologically 'we're not really here'- yet. Once we've got that first trophy under our belt, we'll start to realise that the old City has gone forever but until then a few of the old typical City expectations will remain. Go easy on us younger folk, eh, we don't know what it's like.
JB
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Neil Young!

Postby john68 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:59 pm

JB<
I fully understand those pains of failure Mate...We slightly older ones experienced them too.
My point is that relegation, fighting for survival and losing almost every game is for worry and pain.
The semi final of the Carling Cup and the opportunity to knock out our neighbours is cause for excitment and celebration.

Instead of wondering how bad it might be to lose...you are free to dream how good it is to WIN.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:12 pm

john68 wrote:JB<
I fully understand those pains of failure Mate...We slightly older ones experienced them too.
My point is that relegation, fighting for survival and losing almost every game is for worry and pain.
The semi final of the Carling Cup and the opportunity to knock out our neighbours is cause for excitment and celebration.

Instead of wondering how bad it might be to lose...you are free to dream how good it is to WIN.

You're the king of motivation matey, dunno what we'd do on here without you!

I'm gonna need lots more talks like this between now and next Wed because my nerves are shot and I'm not normally like this at all... its not because I think we'll lose, its just unprecedented for me as far as City are concerned and the last match I watched where everything rested on the one game was Ireland v France... it was adrenaline pumping from the first minute and it drained me for weeks after...

I'm positive, but I'm anxious as fooooooooooooooooook.
Original Dub

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:47 pm

I'm confident that we can score a goal (we scored 3 when under pressure for large patches of the game in September), however trying to defend the 18 yard line at Old Trafford with our midfielders upon our defenders will be a mistake and will just invite chance upon chance.

I just hope the players can treat it as an individual game of football to win outright and forget about the leading 2-1 aspect.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby john68 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:12 pm

As Blues, it is easy to only view the 2nd leg only from our perspective..."Can we hold the lead etc"

Looking at it from a rag perspective makes you realise that it is they who have the problem.
They are a goal down so therefore must score.
They have an away goal advantage that comes into play after extra time, so they MUST stop us scoring.
They have to attack to score...and that will open the game out for Bellers and Tevez.
They have to close the game down, which will inhibit their attacking.
They can't afford to play an open game because as the scores go up, so City's chances increase.

Psychologically, we hold many aces. Taggart knows we can open his defence...5 goals in 2 games. He also knows that we have the courage to fight back...in both derbies.
He knows that his full back can't control Bellers and he knows he has Tevez desperate to beat him.
He has already played his best players unsuccessfully against our patched up side and he knows he will be facing a stronger City at the swamp.

He will be aware that City are on the verge of overtaking his team...on his watch...and he dare not lose.

Mates, TAGGART IS THE ONE WITH THE PROBLEMS.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby Beeks » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:21 pm

john68 wrote:As Blues, it is easy to only view the 2nd leg only from our perspective..."Can we hold the lead etc"

Looking at it from a rag perspective makes you realise that it is they who have the problem.
They are a goal down so therefore must score.
They have an away goal advantage that comes into play after extra time, so they MUST stop us scoring.
They have to attack to score...and that will open the game out for Bellers and Tevez.
They have to close the game down, which will inhibit their attacking.
They can't afford to play an open game because as the scores go up, so City's chances increase.

Psychologically, we hold many aces. Taggart knows we can open his defence...5 goals in 2 games. He also knows that we have the courage to fight back...in both derbies.
He knows that his full back can't control Bellers and he knows he has Tevez desperate to beat him.
He has already played his best players unsuccessfully against our patched up side and he knows he will be facing a stronger City at the swamp.

He will be aware that City are on the verge of overtaking his team...on his watch...and he dare not lose.

Mates, TAGGART IS THE ONE WITH THE PROBLEMS.

I tell you what John...you're a fucking legend

If you were not a City fan you'd be Obamas speech writer
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby john68 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:26 pm

Apologies,
I forgot to add

IF TAGGART AND HIS RAGS ARE THE ONES WITH THE PROBLEMS....JUST FOR A CHANGE....LET THOSE BASTARDS WORRY.
john68

Postby Paul68 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:24 pm

john68 wrote:Apologies,
I forgot to add

IF TAGGART AND HIS RAGS ARE THE ONES WITH THE PROBLEMS....JUST FOR A CHANGE....LET THOSE BASTARDS WORRY.

Just what I said to my mate mark last night - he is a rag (he can't help it he lives amongst loads of ex- londoners so has been influenced.. :-) )
he reckoned it would be 1-0 them and go through on away goals... I just said tevez and he shut up - strangely enough!
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby Grob » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:59 pm

Confident of picking up at least a draw

Pack the midfield, keep options outwide as get out balls (and I mean hug the touchline like Valencia did), let Tevez do his thing upfront. Ned and Vince rocksolid at the back, have GazBaz dropping left to help Garrido, a Patrick Vieria debut maybe??

------------------Given
Richards-Onuoha---Kompany---Garrido
-----------De Jong----Barry
--------------Vieria/Ireland
SWP-----------------------------Bellemy
-----------------Tevez

If that team doesnt get the job done then they will have underperformed.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum