Piers Morgan: Surely it's time somebody put the awful Gary N

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Piers Morgan: Surely it's time somebody put the awful Gary N

Postby blootoof » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:32 am

...eville out of his misery

By happy coincidence, I found myself in Manchester this week for Britain’s Got Talent auditions. Thus allowing me to march around the city wearing an Arsenal placard around my neck saying: ‘WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE.’
It also allowed me to observe at close quarters one of the most vile creatures ever to inhabitate Planet Earth. A big-nosed, wiry-haired, squinty-eyed, spitting, snarling, horrible little monster that makes everyone who encounters it recoil in horror.
Yes, I’m talking, of course, about the Severely Spotted Gary Neville.
Even by his standards, Britain’s Most Unpopular Footballer was on spectacularly ghastly form — spewing his saliva at Manchester City players and giving Carlos Tevez the finger.
His behaviour might have been more effective if he’d actually been playing at the time. But Neville’s no longer any use on the field, so Alex Ferguson just lets him trot up and down the touchline doing his untrained pitbull impression.

Cocky horror show: United's irritant in chief, Gary Neville
It’s the Gaffer’s reward to the man who is supposedly the Premier League’s answer to Paolo Maldini, a player loyal to one great club for nearly two decades. But rather like watching those punch-drunk old prize-fighters being paraded around ringside at big boxing bouts, I just found the whole spectacle rather embarrassing.
I don’t knock Neville for his unquestionable loyalty and dedication to the United cause. He’s been a magnificent player for them. But it’s over. He knows it, Sir Alex knows it, the fans know it, and the opposition sides know it.
Neville’s become the guy who doesn’t know when the party’s over, the aesthetically challenged dork at the school disco who marches up to every girl he can find at midnight, as the music stops and the lights come on, demanding with an angry face: ‘Fancy a dance?’
And who, when they all shudder and say ‘no’, explodes with rage, gobs in their face, and screams:
‘I’m too ****ing good for you lot anyway!

This kind of behaviour wouldn’t matter so much if Neville wasn’t still Manchester United’s club captain, a position
that holds enormous responsibility not just to his own team, but to the millions of young fans around the world who see him as a role model.
All this arrogant, abusive reptile has taught them this year is how to insult, curse, taunt, gloat and crack under pressure.
As a player, Gary Neville has lost it. His performances, when he has played this season, have been dreadful. As a spectator, he’s been even worse.
It’s obvious that Neville himself is determined to linger on as long as possible, flying the red flag of defiance he’s flown for so long. But he’s become a walking, talking, spitting, gesticulating embodiment of all that’s wrong at Manchester United right now. And someone has to put the old warrior out of his misery. Call that being in control, Fergie?

This kind of behaviour wouldn’t matter so much if Neville wasn’t still Manchester United’s club captain, a position
that holds enormous responsibility not just to his own team, but to the millions of young fans around the world who see him as a role model.
All this arrogant, abusive reptile has taught them this year is how to insult, curse, taunt, gloat and crack under pressure.
As a player, Gary Neville has lost it. His performances, when he has played this season, have been dreadful. As a spectator, he’s been even worse.
It’s obvious that Neville himself is determined to linger on as long as possible, flying the red flag of defiance he’s flown for so long. But he’s become a walking, talking, spitting, gesticulating embodiment of all that’s wrong at Manchester United right now. And someone has to put the old warrior out of his misery. Call that being in control, Fergie?

blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Re: Piers Morgan: Surely it's time somebody put the awful Gary N

Postby Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:37 am

Premier League's answer to Paolo Maldini! what an insult to Maldini, Chuckle is not fit to breath the same air.
Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Shaun Wright-Phillips

Postby Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:38 am

Premier League's answer to Paolo Maldini! what an insult to Maldini, Chuckle is not fit to breath the same air.
Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Shaun Wright-Phillips

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:31 am

IM HAPPY WITH THIS ASSESMENT.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:18 am

Great read that, and I agree that he's fit to lace Maldini's boots, the only comparison you can do between them is that both were captains of their clubs till the end of the career (if Neville stays that till the end of his career, that is), and that they both stayed at the same club for 20 years or so, but football wise there's an abyss between them.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Vhero » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:39 am

Good read and and agree with quite a bit.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Patrick » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:33 am

You know you are one of the most vile creatures ever to inhabit planet earth when one of the most vile creatures ever to inhabit planet earth describes you as one of the most vile creatures ever to inhabit planet earth
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:56 am

Patrick wrote:You know you are one of the most vile creatures ever to inhabit planet earth when one of the most vile creatures ever to inhabit planet earth describes you as one of the most vile creatures ever to inhabit planet earth

ha ha thought it was hilarious, well done piers
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:39 am

Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute wrote:Premier League's answer to Paolo Maldini! what an insult to Maldini, Chuckle is not fit to breath the same air.

Got to agree with that. What an odd comparison.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Dipstick » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:51 am

Patrick wrote:You know you are one of the most vile creatures ever to inhabit planet earth when one of the most vile creatures ever to inhabit planet earth describes you as one of the most vile creatures ever to inhabit planet earth

Ha - beat me to it.
"People say I'm egocentric, but enough about them." Lily Allen
Dipstick
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchster CIty
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Return to The Maine Football forum