VAR - Rags and Chelsea block it

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

VAR - Rags and Chelsea block it

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:47 pm

According to Pep the Scum and the Chavs led the charge to block it. Can't imagine why.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... r-12360083
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6945
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:15 am
Location: Manchester
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Re: VAR - Rags and Chelsea block it

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:48 am

The munes voted against it? Who'd've thought. The fiddling gets.

Chelsea surprises me a bit.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10967
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:33 am

Re: VAR - Rags and Chelsea block it

Postby john68 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:07 am

In order to pass VAR, there needed to be 14 clubs in favour, which means 7 clubs were either against it or abstained.
It would be interesting to see who those other clubs were.
I can fully understand the rags not wanting it, they have already lost Webb and losing any further corrupt advantage might severely damage them.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
User avatar
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14133
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:47 pm
Location: Sittin' on the dock of the bay...wastin' time.
Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Re: VAR - Rags and Chelsea block it

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:35 pm

everton are usually the kind of sheep that will follow whatever united do. And I would imagine liverpool and spurs would want to keep their refereeing privileges. arsenal are almost always sniffing around the munes like a yappy little dog waiting to be allowed to shag their trouser leg.

Is that 7?

I can't imagine any reason other than bribery for any other club to not want it.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10967
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:33 am

Re: VAR - Rags and Chelsea block it

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:45 pm

The problem is that the referees are still very inept - and ultimately they’ll be the ones that are reviewing it.

I personally wouldn’t want it at the moment. Not in its current state. The referees need improving first.
Mase
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17662
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: VAR - Rags and Chelsea block it

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:51 pm

I think it will just make me angrier
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12917
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:09 pm
Location: Weirdosville.
Supporter of: Us

Re: VAR - Rags and Chelsea block it

Postby edge275 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:10 pm

I’m definitely for VAR. Even if the referees are inept it will put more focus on decisions and it will highlight bias even more.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
User avatar
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5657
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:43 am
Location: Amsterdam
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Re: VAR - Rags and Chelsea block it

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:24 pm

edge275 wrote:I’m definitely for VAR. Even if the referees are inept it will put more focus on decisions and it will highlight bias even more.


With the refs being inept though we’ll see incidents like we had with WBA and Liverpool where the game was delayed 15 minutes because the refs couldn’t make a decision. That’s not going to help.
Mase
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17662
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: VAR - Rags and Chelsea block it

Postby edge275 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:32 pm

Mase wrote:
edge275 wrote:I’m definitely for VAR. Even if the referees are inept it will put more focus on decisions and it will highlight bias even more.


With the refs being inept though we’ll see incidents like we had with WBA and Liverpool where the game was delayed 15 minutes because the refs couldn’t make a decision. That’s not going to help.


I’d accept it delaying games if it puts more focus on these decisions.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
User avatar
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5657
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:43 am
Location: Amsterdam
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Re: VAR - Rags and Chelsea block it

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:55 pm

edge275 wrote:
Mase wrote:
edge275 wrote:I’m definitely for VAR. Even if the referees are inept it will put more focus on decisions and it will highlight bias even more.


With the refs being inept though we’ll see incidents like we had with WBA and Liverpool where the game was delayed 15 minutes because the refs couldn’t make a decision. That’s not going to help.


I’d accept it delaying games if it puts more focus on these decisions.


But in that instance it didn’t mate.
Mase
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17662
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: VAR - Rags and Chelsea block it

Postby gillie » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:08 pm

There is a reason referees are untouchable without them the game doesn't exist and they know this. Therefore they can do what they want and the privileged 4 need their bias to keep them privileged.
Image
User avatar
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13891
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:55 pm
Location: our house
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: VAR - Rags and Chelsea block it

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:03 pm

VAR will work only if the sport is not corrupt in the first place. In Rugby it is used to aid the officials get a decision right. It is a tool that is transparent to everyone and personally I think it explains quite complex rules to the casual observer like myself.

If football wants it to work it will work. If it doesn’t then it will keep it invisible to the public and keep the seeds of doubt about it being fair.

These trials really shouldn’t be as difficult as they are making them. It’s like they are trying to make it look suspect or non foolproof.
If ever you needed convincing that there is something bent about control needed by he powers that be, this is it for me.

VAR shouldn’t even be up for debate at this stage of professionalism in sport, it should have been enshrined into it years ago.
Image
iwasthere2012
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8208
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:14 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Re: VAR - Rags and Chelsea block it

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:07 am

I hate it and do not want it. Well never see it used for something not called, so al the pens we don’t get will be the same, but the ones like yesterday’s where they can show Loris outseide the box will definitely be taken away.
Tracking back is overrated.
Image
Pretty Boy Lee
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12440
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:22 am
Location: Brisbane baby!
Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Re: VAR - Rags and Chelsea block it

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:55 am

To properly implement VAR they will have to show it on the big screens for the fans to see. How many screens have they got at the Swamp?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 34526
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: VAR - Rags and Chelsea block it

Postby city72 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:00 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:everton are usually the kind of sheep that will follow whatever united do. And I would imagine liverpool and spurs would want to keep their refereeing privileges. arsenal are almost always sniffing around the munes like a yappy little dog waiting to be allowed to shag their trouser leg.

Is that 7?

I can't imagine any reason other than bribery for any other club to not want it.

So not Arsenal, Wenger disgusted premier league not having var
city72
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1095
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:09 pm
Supporter of: Manchester city

Re: VAR - Rags and Chelsea block it

Postby pepsi_dave » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:01 pm

My main problem with VAR is the current set of rules. There are far too many rules that are open to interpretation, which means that even with VAR you will get varying outcomes based on the interpretation of the individual(s) reviewing it.

For VAR to work correctly, and without controversy, the rules need to be absolutely black and white with no grey area whatsoever.
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
User avatar
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1221
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:29 pm
Location: East Didders
Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Re: VAR - Rags and Chelsea block it

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:08 pm

pepsi_dave wrote:My main problem with VAR is the current set of rules. There are far too many rules that are open to interpretation, which means that even with VAR you will get varying outcomes based on the interpretation of the individual(s) reviewing it.

For VAR to work correctly, and without controversy, the rules need to be absolutely black and white with no grey area whatsoever.


it will be a disaster this summer at the world cup
will be hilarious if there is a grey decision to make in the final
SOLID POSTER
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12332
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

Re: VAR - Rags and Chelsea block it

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:08 pm

VAR causes controversy in Bundesliga tonight as ref blows for half time, players head down the tunnel only to be called back to the pitch and ref awards penalty to Mainz for a hand ball!!!!!!

Mainz v Freiburg: Hosts awarded penalty on VAR after half-time whistle blown - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43791511

Not sure you could make this shit up!!!
Born A Blue

Image
User avatar
CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6529
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:33 pm
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire

Re: VAR - Rags and Chelsea block it

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:33 am

CTID Hants wrote:VAR causes controversy in Bundesliga tonight as ref blows for half time, players head down the tunnel only to be called back to the pitch and ref awards penalty to Mainz for a hand ball!!!!!!

Mainz v Freiburg: Hosts awarded penalty on VAR after half-time whistle blown - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43791511

Not sure you could make this shit up!!!

There is a lot being done in various places to discredit VAR. I wonder why that might be.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10967
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:33 am

Re: VAR - Rags and Chelsea block it

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:34 am

pepsi_dave wrote:My main problem with VAR is the current set of rules. There are far too many rules that are open to interpretation, which means that even with VAR you will get varying outcomes based on the interpretation of the individual(s) reviewing it.

For VAR to work correctly, and without controversy, the rules need to be absolutely black and white with no grey area whatsoever.

This. Roll the offside and handball laws back 30 years and it would work a treat.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10967
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:33 am

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carolina-blue, freshie, Google [Bot], Hazy2, Hutch's Shoulder, King_Tueart, mr_nool, Nigels Tackle, nottsblue and 54 guests