Ratings vrs scum

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ratings vrs scum

Postby shawzy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:19 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Seems it's only me who thought that Given should have got to the ball for the first goal when Giggs control knocked the ball miles in front of him. Look how it was before Giggs was in control of the ball after his first touch. Whether he should have come for the last goal I don't know but I don't think it was his best night.

He should have deffo come out for the last goal and punched it away..Hes rooted to his line far too often for me.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby 13021J » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:23 am

paulmclaren wrote:
Subs-ade-5-useless twat.

Are you kidding? Forget the circumstances of his return, forget the trauma he has been through and forget the fact he hasn't trained under the manager OR been keeping fit over the past few weeks. He came on, ran at the defenders in tandem with Tevez and linked up well. We actually looked like creating something for the first time in the 2nd half when he came on.
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby 13021J » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:26 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Seems it's only me who thought that Given should have got to the ball for the first goal when Giggs control knocked the ball miles in front of him. Look how it was before Giggs was in control of the ball after his first touch. Whether he should have come for the last goal I don't know but I don't think it was his best night.

Yes! I was screaming for him to come out and claim that, think he misjudged that. Consensus in the media seems to be that Giggs fired the ball in with too much pace for the last goal so the keeper isn't to blame.
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby Martinez » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:09 am

No, I was thinking the same, it happened once last week as well when Shrek managed to get to an overhit pass, that time he managed to parry the shot. Would like him to be a bit more commanding at times, at other times he make some mindblowing saves. Guess You can't get everything. Last few games he's been behind a very inexperienced back four, perhaps that tells in these situations
Martinez
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Bingo Lewis » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:25 am

Given - 7 would have been 6 but for THAT save
Gaz - 5 nani had the better of him
vinny - 6 few good tackles but didn't have the hunger
boyata - 7 just coz I think he played above his level. too many mistakes but should never have started anyway.
Richards - 8 one of 2 players who wanted to win
Bellers - 6 not his usual self. few decent moments but nowt to get excited about.
Barry - 5 slug. slow as fuck.
de jong - 5 doesn't like OT does he?
Zabba - 6 tried, but not good enough
SWP - 5. I could have done better.
Tevez - 8 Don't remember him losing the ball, along with Richards, seemed to be the only one with any hunger to win.

Ireland - 5. why the fuck he gets put on the right wing I'll never know.
Ade - 6. looked eager, had a part in our goal, but again, nowt to shout about.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:34 am

Martinez wrote:

No, I was thinking the same, it happened once last week as well when Shrek managed to get to an overhit pass, that time he managed to parry the shot. Would like him to be a bit more commanding at times, at other times he make some mindblowing saves. Guess You can't get everything. Last few games he's been behind a very inexperienced back four, perhaps that tells in these situations

You've got to consider the rag factor though; if he goes anywher near them, the slightest touch & they'll go down like a scene from 'Platoon' & it's a pen. Very difficult one to get right in a split second & many top keepers have been on the wrong end of it over the years.

If our defenders are going to keep letting people have free headers though & we can't solve it, we need Given to come for crosses or replace him with someone who does. Unfortunate but true nontheless.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby svengali » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:56 am

Our defenders cant always and certainly shouldnt have to defend under our own crossbar. Given has to start coming for crosses. If he continues like this then I think on Hart's return he is going to be pushed hard to keep the number 1. Mind blowing shot stopper, terrible commander.

He should of been out like a rocket for the first goal, he was only just coming when Giggs was at his second touch, then he seemed to chase him into no mans land and was out of position for ginger bollocks shot.

3rd goal was his for the taking as well. 3 of their 4 goals were from practically our six yard box. It needs sorting and fast.
svengali
De Jong's Tackle

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum