Wio charged with violent conduct

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Wio charged with violent conduct

Postby ian494 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:32 pm

blues-clues wrote:He's appealing the charge.,

Plays tonight then I guess

Better him playing I reckon. We should run rings round him.
ian494
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:33 pm

not important eh?

liverpool the real rivals?

desperate fuckers.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:36 pm

He will prolly get off.

Either way he s only just fit and his comeback match was against Hull,Carlos and Bellers should rip him to shreds.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby blues-clues » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:19 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:He will prolly get off.

Either way he s only just fit and his comeback match was against Hull,Carlos and Bellers should rip him to shreds.

No way he will get off.

He could only have been charged because the referee has said in his report that he did not see the incident but that if he had he would have sent the player off for violent conduct. He has a snowball's chance in hell of getting away with this and there should be outrage if he does. Basically the guy fouled him earlier and Ferdinand sought revenge. Should get an increased ban but they obviously think it is worth it.

Hope he fucks up tonight!
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Mike J » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:23 pm

let the crackhead play. bellamy tore him a new arse hole last time.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Patrick » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:42 pm

Ferguson Losing The Plot

Posted by Wallace Poulter 5 minutes ago

A funny thing happened on the way to the semi final second leg of the League Cup. City, the so called noisy neighbour, appear to have got well and truly under Ferguson's skin. And to be honest I'm rather surprised.

Let's step back for a moment and give Ferguson his due. For over 20 years the Scot has built and rebuilt successful United sides. I happen to believe that it is his squad building that has been the most impressive part of United's continued silverware haul.

Part of that squad building has been the blooding of young players in the League Cup and allowing the team to win, and lose, in a Cup atmosphere. Arsenal are reaping the rewards of this policy with their league position this year. That Ferguson abandoned this practice for the first leg against City was a shock. United are on a hiding to nothing with such a decision.

If City win the tie then Ferguson's 'best' team has been beaten by the 'small club' that he dismissed at the start of the season. If City lose then it is just the status quo when it comes to clubs in the Greater Manchester area. Play the kids and a United loss is down to the kids being too young while a victory allows United to say that even their kids are better than City's first team. Even with the Leeds loss in the FA Cup I've never understood the decision to play the first team in the first leg.

Equally impressive over the years, if more odious, has been the continued attacks on referees, the FA, rival Managers and clubs that has frankly intimidated all of the above. It's worked, but in the process United have sold some of their soul to the point that there are more than a few fans who take an 'Anyone But United' approach to the League.

That ludicrous amounts of extra time are now dubbed Fergie Time shows that the public is well aware of the influence wielded by the United boss.

I've never had a problem with Ferguson's boycott of the BBC. The Beeb went after his kid and Ferguson's reaction is that of any reasonable Father given the circumstances. But this week the United Manager threw Sky out of a press conference apparently over comments about City Chief Executive Garry Cook which were misinterpreted as a question about Gary Neville.

To top it off Rio Ferdinand has appealed the FA Violent Conduct charge to be able to play tonight in, of all things, a League Cup semi final. In doing so Duran Duran's inspiration runs the risk of an additional game being added to any suspension. Now it has to be said that it is usually only clubs like Sunderland and Middlesbrough that have games added to suspensions and the Big Four never seem to, but United run the risk of losing one of their top defenders for an extra league match.

United are in no danger of missing Champions League qualification of course but even so is the League Cup really more important than the League where United still have a legitimate chance of winning the whole thing if Arsenal or Chelsea falter?

This game tonight, Manchester United vs. Manchester City is clearly the biggest game of the season. The press coverage is wall to wall, the police heavily involved, the trains and motorways from London are packed with United fans all coming to the game. And again, it is a semi final of the fourth most important competition to any team of significance in the Premier League.

For Ferguson and United to get so worked up over this game is frankly bizarre. Delightfully amusing and the implications for the future are great but still... bizarre.

The chance to beat United, a trip to Wembley and the possibility of some silverware are all excellent reasons to get excited this evening but City have already won. United are taking their noisy neighbours seriously for the first time in 30 years. And that, is a seismic change in English football.
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:57 pm

I find this appeal amazing. Anything to keep fathead Neville off the pitch!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby CityFanFromRome » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:22 pm

Great read that, and completely true. He can call us "noisy neighbours" but we are well in his list of teams to fear.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby mr_nool » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:12 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:Great read that, and completely true. He can call us "noisy neighbours" but we are well in his list of teams to fear.

Agree, that's one good read!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Beeks » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:36 pm

4 games for Plug

Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:37 pm

Should be 8 for that horrible elbow on Carlos.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:06 pm

Doesn't help us now in any way.

Too late.
Goaters 103