***Official Match Thread | City v Burnley***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official Match Thread | City v Burnley***

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:38 pm

City would have battered the RAG town twats with 10 men.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:42 pm

watching an interview with that cunt is like listening to this cunt.

Watch on youtube.com
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:19 pm

Trial by highlights manipulation again - guilty as framed. MOTD attack dogs' verdict 'we kicked Burnley out of a game they easily deserved to win ' :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dameerto » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:23 pm

People might have some sympathy for Dyche is if team had got AT LEAST ONE SHOT on target during the match...
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby sheblue » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:32 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Trial by highlights manipulation again - guilty as framed. MOTD attack dogs' verdict 'we kicked Burnley out of a game they easily deserved to win ' :lol:

They were correct on both challenges.
Kompany was reckless and could easily have seen red.
Sane needs a slap off pep for doing that. Silly boy.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:48 pm

sheblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Trial by highlights manipulation again - guilty as framed. MOTD attack dogs' verdict 'we kicked Burnley out of a game they easily deserved to win ' :lol:

Neither was a red card - ask the ref :)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:18 am

sheblue wrote:

Agree on both, but let’s not forget another bailed on pen waved away, albeit with even worse officiating that we capitalized on. Oh and that colossal man David Silva seemingly bathing over Burnley players left and right and giving away a bunch of free kicks the brute. We get a few go our way and a lot that don’t so I try not to let it be my main focus. It annoys me more that when we get away with one it’s shouted around to crucify us but not to others.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:33 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Agree on both, but let’s not forget another bailed on pen waved away, albeit with even worse officiating that we capitalized on. Oh and that colossal man David Silva seemingly bathing over Burnley players left and right and giving away a bunch of free kicks the brute. We get a few go our way and a lot that don’t so I try not to let it be my main focus. It annoys me more that when we get away with one it’s shouted around to crucify us but not to others.

Sorry, but Mr K's foul was unintentional - he probably never saw Lennon at all till he appeared on the end of his boot - even Dyche admitted it, so no red card was correct. It was an accident, or at worst Vinny just reminding Lennon he was there.

Sane's was a petulant trip - not a kick - so yellow was also correct. When Mersey Murph tells you it's a red there's really no better proof it wasn't.

Oh, the MOTD Mob failed to show or even mention that Leroy was denied a stonewall penalty in their anxiety over whether the ball was '2 inches' over the line when it was crossed for Bernie's stunner. That second goal was simply divine justice.

and remember the vicious thigh-high scythe on Fern by Hendricks? Strangely the rag/dipper MOTD editors didn't.

They've got some many Dyche mirror-image thugs in that team it's laughable when they complain.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:40 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Sorry, but Mr K's foul was unintentional - he probably never saw Lennon at all till he appeared on the end of his boot - even Dyche admitted it, so no red card was correct. It was an accident, or at worst Vinny just reminding Lennon he was there.

Sane's was a petulant trip - not a kick - so yellow was also correct. When Mersey Murph tells you it's a red there's really no better proof it wasn't.

Oh, the MOTD Mob failed to show or even mention that Leroy was denied a stonewall penalty in their anxiety over whether the ball was '2 inches' over the line when it was crossed for Bernie's stunner. That second goal was simply divine justice.

and remember the vicious thigh-high scythe on Fern by Hendricks? Strangely the rag/dipper MOTD editors didn't.

They've got some many Dyche mirror-image thugs in that team it's laughable when they complain.

It doesn't matter if it's an accident JC, dangerous play is dangerous play (not saying it was by the way).

As for Sané's tackle, the guy he took out took him out about 5 mins earlier in an off-the-ball incident that wasn't mentioned on MOTD. A BBC hatchet-job that like all BBC hatchet-jobs doesn't stand up to scrutiny for more than 1 second.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:53 am

Listening to TalkSport this morning and it was proudly stated as fact that we should have had 2 players sent off. Funny thing was that neither of them had seen the game.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:19 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
sheblue wrote:

It doesn't matter if it's an accident JC, dangerous play is dangerous play (not saying it was by the way).

As for Sané's tackle, the guy he took out took him out about 5 mins earlier in an off-the-ball incident that wasn't mentioned on MOTD. A BBC hatchet-job that like all BBC hatchet-jobs doesn't stand up to scrutiny for more than 1 second.

Absolutely true, accidental or intentional is not relevant. Under the current laws what constitutes dangerous play is completely vague and down entirely the ref's publicly unguided discretion. It applies to all the players in the incident - so it could equally be argued that Lennon should have been sent off because he recklessly endangered himself by throwing his body across his opponent when he was legitimately playing the ball. FA Laws see Slide 26
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:27 am

JC, interesting. It could be regarded as careless rather than dangerous. One thing is for sure though, it was a penalty on Sané.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:43 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:JC, interesting. It could be regarded as careless rather than dangerous. One thing is for sure though, it was a penalty on Sané.

Dyche inadvertently admitted as much in his post match interview but is too stupid to realise it.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:50 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:JC, interesting. It could be regarded as careless rather than dangerous. One thing is for sure though, it was a penalty on Sané.

It shouldn't have even be a talking point but it got blown out of all proportions as it would've favoured the underdog. It's not as if his foot was high or it was intentional, it was basically Vinnie going to kick a ball but a player took the space. Yellow card, yes, red, definitely not.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:48 pm

Whether it should have been a red card for Kompany tackle or not is not the big issue for me. Seen them given and he was nowhere near the ball so had it have been given a red card we couldn’t really complain too much. Would have been a bit harsh but that’s football.

No, the bigger concern for me is that these aren’t one off challenges that Kompany makes. He often gets caught out of position and makes last ditch challenges, which as he gets older he isn’t timing them as well. This will happen again in the not too distant future and against better opposition or a less lenient referee, it will cost us.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:25 pm

nottsblue wrote:Whether it should have been a red card for Kompany tackle or not is not the big issue for me. Seen them given and he was nowhere near the ball so had it have been given a red card we couldn’t really complain too much. Would have been a bit harsh but that’s football.

No, the bigger concern for me is that these aren’t one off challenges that Kompany makes. He often gets caught out of position and makes last ditch challenges, which as he gets older he isn’t timing them as well. This will happen again in the not too distant future and against better opposition or a less lenient referee, it will cost us.

I’ve said it for months now , Vinnie should never ever ever play unless we have numerous injuries .He was fucking terrible and what really drove me over the edge was when he fucking had a shit fucking pass to KDB who had to stretch to recieve it and nearly got injured in the process due to their player being ontop of him !!!!!

He gets on my bastard nerves and if PeP cannot see that he is a fucking liability then god help us !!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:50 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Whether it should have been a red card for Kompany tackle or not is not the big issue for me. Seen them given and he was nowhere near the ball so had it have been given a red card we couldn’t really complain too much. Would have been a bit harsh but that’s football.

I’ve said it for months now , Vinnie should never ever ever play unless we have numerous injuries .He was fucking terrible and what really drove me over the edge was when he fucking had a shit fucking pass to KDB who had to stretch to recieve it and nearly got injured in the process due to their player being ontop of him !!!!!

He gets on my bastard nerves and if PeP cannot see that he is a fucking liability then god help us !!!

The likes of Stoke and West Brom might have gone but Vinny is made to measure for the remaining thuggish teams such as the Rags, Everton, Burnley, Huddersfield, Palace, Cardiff, Watford, Leicester etc etc. He's always had a rash lunge in his game but they are less frequent these days and more than compensated for by his power and leadership qualities. Lennon was very quiet after the first minute yesterday I noticed :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:15 pm

City played some of the best football yesterday that I have seen since last season , simply sensational at times especially second half . Pep also changed tactics 3 or 4 times in the second half when making substitutions , incredible and not one single mention of this in any media ??? just the usual negative slants ! Pep and the team are building up for something very special this season, the hunger the desire the class is evident all over the pitch in droves . Big tests to come but we haven't even got into top gear yet !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:10 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

The likes of Stoke and West Brom might have gone but Vinny is made to measure for the remaining thuggish teams such as the Rags, Everton, Burnley, Huddersfield, Palace, Cardiff, Watford, Leicester etc etc. He's always had a rash lunge in his game but they are less frequent these days and more than compensated for by his power and leadership qualities. Lennon was very quiet after the first minute yesterday I noticed :lol:

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:21 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Problem being , he will be red carded against those teams and if we go down to 10 men...like we nearly did in the first fuckign minute , would that 5 nil have happened ?

I stick to my main point , cannot cannot play for us unless we are fucked with injuries.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum