mahrez's penalty miss

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

mahrez's penalty miss

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:02 pm

will it all come down to this?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: mahrez's penalty miss

Postby Mase » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:05 pm

It's not just the points he cost us.
It would have got the monkey off our back and we'd have won at Anfield finally.
It would have been a moral loss to them as well as their first loss of the season and I think it would have de-railed them.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby zuricity » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:07 pm

No, it will not come down to this and more importantly, blame Pep for not letting Jesus take it
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:28 pm

I still think their win v Everton in the manner they did it will be the bigger turning point of the season
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:34 pm

nottsblue wrote:I still think their win v Everton in the manner they did it will be the bigger turning point of the season

so if they win the league by 2 points, it will be the everton winner that sealed it? right!?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby john68 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:52 pm

Everyone misses penalties (except Yaya Toure)' it's not a lot different than many of the missed shots that should have gone in over the season.
Why not mention the other three blatant penalties we shoud have got at Anfield, or the lost points v Wolves because a ref failed to see a blatant handball and disalowed a perfectly good goal.
Those decisions are more the reason we lie second and not clearly top.

Easy to scapegoat a player.How about some of the passes and goals he made?
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby nottsblue » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:58 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
nottsblue wrote:I still think their win v Everton in the manner they did it will be the bigger turning point of the season

so if they win the league by 2 points, it will be the everton winner that sealed it? right!?

You can argue yes as we have the better GD so would have won it

You can then look at the 0-0 at their place and a missed penalty with 3 minutes to go and say if that had gone in then it would have made the difference. Or indeed if we had been awarded the other one or two penalties during the game we deserved then the result might’ve been in our favour.

I’ve no doubt both the dippers and ourselves will win games very late on between now and the end of the season. Will they be the difference? The draw at the dippers was very early in the season and it can’t really be said that result decided the title because if the result was a win for us or even a win for them, then there was still a hell of a lot of football to be played and subsequent games may have played out differently because of the results.

The same applies for the win v Everton. My logic, or lack of it as the case may be, was not of the extra 2 points they gained that game. More the confidence boost and belief it gave them getting a victory where they blatantly didn’t deserve one.

If we don’t win the PL this season it will be down to what we do in the second half of the season, not the first. And that will start with the home fixture against the dippers
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Outcast » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:59 pm

Win all our matches until we meet them in January and turn them over. Still in our hands. It's too soon to give up at this stage. It would be nice to have a cushion over them, its still down to us. There are more twists to come, let's hope they'll be in our favour.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:03 pm

john68 wrote:Everyone misses penalties (except Yaya Toure)' it's not a lot different than many of the missed shots

You being serious or joking?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:05 pm

The luck they are having is my biggest worry about them.

I am not sure we can beat them. It has to be THAT performance.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby City64 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:09 pm

Not a chance the bin dippers will win the league . They were bang average again today and got all the breaks , they are winning but getting away with it . We aren't even at the half way stage yet and this shit thread get put up absolutely fucking mind blowing ! The wheels will fall off at some point for the dippers they are there own worst enemy !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:14 pm

City64 wrote:Not a chance the bin dippers will win the league . They were bang average again today and got all the breaks , they are winning but getting away with it . We aren't even at the half way stage yet and this shit thread get put up absolutely fucking mind blowing ! The wheels will fall off at some point for the dippers they are there own worst enemy !

Problem is mate, people were saying that about us 11/12.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PrezIke » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:14 pm

Blame Canadaaaa!!
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby john68 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:16 pm

Mase wrote:
john68 wrote:Everyone misses penalties (except Yaya Toure)' it's not a lot different than many of the missed shots

Yep,sorry if I've pissed on anyone's chips and diluted their chance to pick out a player to scapegoat.

Sterling, Jesus, Sane and even Aguero and Silva have missed stuff that they should have scored.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby City64 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:19 pm

Mase wrote:
City64 wrote:Not a chance the bin dippers will win the league . They were bang average again today and got all the breaks , they are winning but getting away with it . We aren't even at the half way stage yet and this shit thread get put up absolutely fucking mind blowing ! The wheels will fall off at some point for the dippers they are there own worst enemy !

We were far better in 11/12 than this current dipper team , get a fucking grip !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:21 pm

john68 wrote:
Mase wrote:

Yep,sorry if I've pissed on anyone's chips and diluted their chance to pick out a player to scapegoat.

Sterling, Jesus, Sane and even Aguero and Silva have missed stuff that they should have scored.

Unfortunately he wasn't given the opportunity to miss one of the most important "chances" of our season.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:28 pm

john68 wrote:
Mase wrote:

i guess you’ve made that comment because you’ve seen the irrefutable stats that were presented in the finishing thread
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby PeterParker » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:17 pm

Mase wrote:

Scouse are a despicable club, from top to bottom, from their manager to their last one fan, and all the luck they are having so far this season is absolutely incredible. Everything, every pass, shot, decision, wind, you name it, it goes their way. They have a momentum and it seems they know how to take advantage of that.

They are bang average? No. They get away with it? Yes, because the league is broken between 6 clubs and the others that are mediocre at best and offer zero difficulty in taking the points from them.

On the other hand, I love they are on the spotlight and they are considered now big favorites, it takes the pressure from our shoulders a little. However, without a fit Silva, Kdb, Kun and most of all, A WORLD CLASS FIT PROPER LEFT BACK, as good as Walker is on the other side, I don't know how we will do it again.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby City64 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:50 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:

Scouse are a despicable club, from top to bottom, from their manager to their last one fan, and all the luck they are having so far this season is absolutely incredible. Everything, every pass, shot, decision, wind, you name it, it goes their way. They have a momentum and it seems they know how to take advantage of that.

They are bang average? No. They get away with it? Yes, because the league is broken between 6 clubs and the others that are mediocre at best and offer zero difficulty in taking the points from them.

On the other hand, I love they are on the spotlight and they are considered now big favorites, it takes the pressure from our shoulders a little. However, without a fit Silva, Kdb, Kun and most of all, A WORLD CLASS FIT PROPER LEFT BACK, as good as Walker is on the other side, I don't know how we will do it again.

You have conceded the title to the bin dipping scum after just 17 games when clearly we have the best squad and best manager ? Fuck me this site never ceases to dumbfound me ! :o :shock: :o
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:58 pm

Mase wrote:It's not just the points he cost us.
It would have got the monkey off our back and we'd have won at Anfield finally.
It would have been a moral loss to them as well as their first loss of the season and I think it would have de-railed them.

don't torture yourself (and us) :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum