21 years today

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

21 years today

Postby Mase » Sat May 30, 2020 7:48 am

21 Years to the day since Weaver won us the playoffs!
What are you memories from the day?

I remember being a kid and travelling down on the train to the old Wembley with my mum, dad, brother and some family friends. I don’t remember a lot of the day but I do remember the random guy next to me picking me up when Dickov equalised, and I remember having to put my fingers in my ears for the Gills penalties because the noise was that deafening from our fans.

Documentary on it -

Watch on youtube.com
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: 21 years today

Postby rosbif cuisson 'bleu' » Sat May 30, 2020 8:15 am

Wandering around Paris, having just moved there about 10 days before, desperately trying to find a bar showing the game.......didn't happen , NOWHERE showing it. First time I saw the game was on a VHS tape sent by my brother in law about 2 weeks later. It's one of the very few things that's made me well up since I was a child. (Fucking ridiculous really)
rosbif cuisson 'bleu'
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: colin bell

Postby Mase » Sat May 30, 2020 8:22 am

rosbif cuisson 'bleu' wrote:Wandering around Paris, having just moved there about 10 days before, desperately trying to find a bar showing the game.......didn't happen , NOWHERE showing it. First time I saw the game was on a VHS tape sent by my brother in law about 2 weeks later. It's one of the very few things that's made me well up since I was a child. (Fucking ridiculous really)

That’s mad! You knew the result though before you watched the tape??
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Sat May 30, 2020 10:15 am

Mase wrote:
rosbif cuisson 'bleu' wrote:Wandering around Paris, having just moved there about 10 days before, desperately trying to find a bar showing the game.......didn't happen , NOWHERE showing it. First time I saw the game was on a VHS tape sent by my brother in law about 2 weeks later. It's one of the very few things that's made me well up since I was a child. (Fucking ridiculous really)

So did I
I'd just moved into a new house and "watched" it on teletext.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mase » Sat May 30, 2020 10:34 am

patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

So did I
I'd just moved into a new house and "watched" it on teletext.

Brilliant. I remember when we were travelling to Mexico and it was before you could get internet on your phone and all football info came from the papers and teletext and me and brother were buzzin because BBC teletext told us Pearce was after Steed Malbranque
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Sat May 30, 2020 4:24 pm

Four of us went on the train saturday lunchtime booked to come back Sunday night but missed train due to it going to pens so ended up stopping the sunday and coming back on the monday. The other 3 lads I was with were postmen so spent the weekend on pro plus red bull and vodka. Remember being in the fountains at some point. Fun as it was, I dont think we could have survived another season in the 3rd division - fuck knows to this day how we came back
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Sat May 30, 2020 4:38 pm

salford city wrote:Four of us went on the train saturday lunchtime booked to come back Sunday night but missed train due to it going to pens so ended up stopping the sunday and coming back on the monday. The other 3 lads I was with were postmen so spent the weekend on pro plus red bull and vodka. Remember being in the fountains at some point. Fun as it was, I dont think we could have survived another season in the 3rd division - fuck knows to this day how we came back

Mark Halsey.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat May 30, 2020 5:24 pm

I was there.

Mark Halsey was among the heroes that day - I swear he wanted us to win.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby salford city » Sat May 30, 2020 5:55 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I was there.

Fair play to him he did us a good fcuking turn. He has always spoke well of us since as well - at least in private from what I've heard from a number of blues
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Sat May 30, 2020 6:13 pm

salford city wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I was there.

Fair play to him he did us a good fcuking turn. He has always spoke well of us since as well - at least in private from what I've heard from a number of blues

I met him outside KFC on Middlebrook. He was sound. Thanked him for adding the time on and he smirked. He tried to out the corruption in English football as well.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat May 30, 2020 9:59 pm

Chaos. I was out in Germany at the time and ready to move to a different country the very next day. It was also my birthday weekend where family and friends had planned a BBQ. Luckily the broadcasters had the game on for us and while the party started I sat in the flat watching the game. That was until about the 89th minute when the screen went blank and the game seemed lost.

Totally pissed off I jumped over the balcony (ground floor) and pretended all was OK, not to piss on the day, and within a couple of minutes I got a shout asking what the fuck was I doing, we’ve equalised in the last minute! Instantly I scaled back up the wall and, there it was, we were going into extra time.

The rest was history and I had an up and down day but, overall, all turned out well.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Return to The Maine Football forum