We'll never make that next step up [merged]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

We'll never make that next step up [merged]

Postby giokingkladze » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:35 pm

... so long as we keep getting these kind of setbacks...

NEVILLE RULES OUT CITY FUTURE

Everton captain Phil Neville has ruled out ever playing for, or going on to manage, Manchester City.

The former Manchester United defender, who had an 11-year spell at Old Trafford, says his conscience would not allow him to work across the city.

Neville, 32, made his personal feelings known ahead of the meeting between United and Everton on Saturday in a revealing interview on BBC Radio Manchester.

He said: "Joining City is not something that will ever happen. When you have got red blood you cannot see yourself with blue blood.

"You go there and they have blue ketchup... it's just like 'What are they doing?'.

"I am not being disrespectful to City. I grew up a Red, hating Manchester City. When I go back with Everton I get absolutely slaughtered.

"It makes me laugh in a way because I understand what they are feeling. I think it is fantastic as it makes football special."

Neville is pessimistic about making his comeback from a serious knee injury on his old stomping ground.

He said: "It was nine weeks ago on Sunday when the surgeon told me I would be out for 12 weeks.

"Then I looked at the calendar and saw it was ten weeks until United and felt it was fate calling. I thought that would be my comeback game.

"But as the time has got closer and closer... (I) have still got to overcome so many obstacles.

"I have managed to start running, kick a ball, twist and turn. But if you are not tackling four days before a Manchester United game it is going to be a miracle to play on Saturday. But you never say never."

Neville added: "Emotionally, I am fine, and I want Everton to win without a shadow of a doubt. We need the points.

"When it comes to these games, the excitement to me is running out at Old Trafford again. It is the best stadium in the world."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/09/11/19/SOCCER_Neville_Nightlead.html&TEAMHD=soccer
giokingkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Gio

Re: We'll never make that next step up

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:00 pm

What a stupid thing to say, don't think he actually engaged his brain before opening his mouth. Blue fucking ketchup.....where do we keep this cause iv never seen it???!!
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:02 pm

That's actually endered me to him a bit more that has.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Phil Neville rules out transfer to man city (LOL)

Postby citytilidie » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:11 pm

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 25&cc=5739

Everton captain Phil Neville has ruled out ever playing for, or going on to manage, Manchester City, revealing he hated the Eastlands club when he was growing up.

Phil Neville

GettyImages

Phil Neville spent 11 years at Old Trafford before moving to Everton.

The former Manchester United defensive midfielder, who had an 11-year spell at Old Trafford, says his conscience would not allow him to work across the city.

Neville, 32, made his personal feelings known ahead of the meeting between United and Everton on Saturday in a revealing interview on BBC Radio Manchester.

He said: "Joining City is not something that will ever happen. When you have got red blood you cannot see yourself with blue blood. You go there and they have blue ketchup... it's just like 'What are they doing?'.

"I am not being disrespectful to City. I grew up a Red, hating Manchester City. When I go back with Everton I get absolutely slaughtered.

"It makes me laugh in a way because I understand what they are feeling. I think it is fantastic as it makes football special.''

Ahead of the Toffees trip to old Trafford, Neville revealed he is pessimistic about making his comeback from a serious knee injury on his old stomping ground.

He said: "It was nine weeks ago on Sunday when the surgeon told me I would be out for 12 weeks.

"Then I looked at the calendar and saw it was ten weeks until United and felt it was fate calling. I thought that would be my comeback game. "But as the time has got closer and closer... I have still got to overcome so many obstacles.

"I have managed to start running, kick a ball, twist and turn. But if you are not tackling four days before a Manchester United game it is going to be a miracle to play on Saturday. But you never say never.''

Neville added: "Emotionally, I am fine, and I want Everton to win without a shadow of a doubt. We need the points. When it comes to these games, the excitement to me is running out at Old Trafford again. It is the best stadium in the world.''
It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't.
citytilidie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Re: Phil Neville rules out transfer to man city (LOL)

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:23 pm

Gutted, absolutely gutted. If Keane and Robson turn us down as well, I might top myself.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Curlie » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:25 pm

What an arrogant asshole.
Well now we know, Leslie had better look somewhere else.
Bet he is devastated.
Plan B it will have to be this January.
City are coming to get you!
Curlie
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Nige

Postby paulh » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:38 pm

What a moron ill need horlicks to help me sleep tonight now! This article really shows the kretins intelligence, the nob. neville who sets up his family home with kids in the bethan tower of all places
paulh
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: gareth barry

Postby Gloryhunter123 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:48 pm

Its looking really bad now , oh dear not even Phil maybe we could try and get rat boy instead .+
Oh and citytillidie im not finding this funny btw .
Gloryhunter123
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Sparky haters !
My favourite player is: Swp

Postby Arjan Van Schotte » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:03 pm

fair comment from the lad. would expect the same from lifelong blues like lee dixon.
"Whatever it is that we "bought" - we didn't put it up for sale..."

Arjan Van Schotte
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Манчестер Сити

Re: We'll never make that next step up [merged]

Postby simon12 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:28 pm

That will make sure we still wont have had anyone who has played for us thats nails his sister.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby paulh » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:48 pm

Has anyone seen his sister on a serious note wouldn't touch her with qa stolen cock
paulh

Postby paulh » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:49 pm

Has anyone seen his sister on a serious note wouldn't touch her with a stolen cock
paulh

Postby M147WN » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:02 am

Could either of 'em grow a serious moustache?
I very much doubt it!

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy!
M147WN
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby shawzy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:29 am

M147WN wrote:Could either of 'em grow a serious moustache?
I very much doubt it!

Need to grow cock and balls 1st ;-0
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Lee_R » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:38 am

I for one am absolutely gutted that Neville would never join us. To see him at heart of our team pulling all the strings and running about Eastlands with his great looks and worldclass talent is something I always dreamed of if we ever came into a bit of cash.... Oh well :( We'll just have to stick with Barry.
Lee_R

My favourite player is: David White

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:35 am

Sister of fu wrote:What a stupid thing to say, don't think he actually engaged his brain before opening his mouth. Blue fucking ketchup.....where do we keep this cause iv never seen it???!!

Used to:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 607692.stm

Don't think there's anything wrong with his comments, to be fair. Get the feeling he was talking hypothetically, and not expecting us to put a bid in for him, in all honesty.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Fish111 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:35 am

Sister of fu wrote:Blue fucking ketchup.....where do we keep this cause iv never seen it???!!

Yes it existed! We had it in the box for the first ever derby at Eastlands, it tasted just the same but the brain was telling you it somehow wasn't right. I think it was just a limited edition sort of thing. My mate nicked a few sachets, i'll see if he still has them and post a picture. As for Neville, we're fucked if we cannot get him to manage us in the future, i was really looking forward to watching his development as a top flight manager then him coming to us. I'm gutted.

I like this bit though, same for us but in reverse, fair play to him.

When you have got red blood you cannot see yourself with blue blood. "You go there and they have blue ketchup... it's just like 'What are they doing?' "I am not being disrespectful to City. I grew up a Red, hating Manchester City. When I go back with Everton I get absolutely slaughtered.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby blootoof » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:48 am

I actually think of the Neville breds when havin sex.

Only because I don't want any more cluntin kids.
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:15 am

Well thank god that he won't ever play for us.............I am not sure I could tolerate anymore RAG shit infesting my Manchester club, keep them over in Trafford where they belong................as we should have done a long time ago.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:08 pm

Sister of fu wrote:What a stupid thing to say, don't think he actually engaged his brain before opening his mouth. Blue fucking ketchup.....where do we keep this cause iv never seen it???!!

Oh I remember it very well, it was really wierd
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum